[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions that don't deserve their own thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 274
Thread images: 41

File: maxresdefault.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
Questions that don't deserve their own thread
>>
When I barbell bench I feel like I'm pushing asymmetrically. Should I do some dumbbell benches to prevent this?
>>
Feeling pain on my right shoulder while doing bench press. My form seems alright and it just comes up once i go over 240 lbs.

Wat do?
>>
Hit a weight loss plateu. Does this mean I should start doing cardio? I've managed to lose 39 pounds without it. Will incorporating it into my routine help me break through this wall?
>>
>>41874161
I find dumbbells ate better anyways desuuuu
>>
>>41874046
will squatting improve my vertical? or is that mostly plyometrics? i'm reasonably tall and i want to dunk on my manlet friends
>>
>>41874161
dumbbell bench is good for keeping symmetry, but what you should do is deload and get a spotter to watch when you bench

>>41874183
what is your bar path like?

>>41874204
cardio will make it easier to hit your caloric deficit target, and will make you feel better overall in life.

>>41874430
I skate, and I have achieved a higher ollie through doing speed squats, i was previously squatting regularly and I don't think it changed my ollie height at all. I don't know if my anecdote translates to a vertical jump.
>>
>>41874443
that makes sense cus ur training the explosive part of the movement. i guess power cleans would help then. thank (You)
>>
Just started my first cut - how much volume should I keep while cutting? Routine was ABxABxA while bulking, will I be fine to step it down to AxBxAxB or should I maintain my bulking regimen? I don't want to if I can avoid it because I've discovered lifting while cutting fucking sucks.
>Read the fucking sticky
It's fucking down cunt
>>
Is cheese good for you? Cottage I know is a yes, but what about the other more common kinda stuff like American or Swiss?
>>
File: IMG_1091.jpg (68KB, 300x511px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1091.jpg
68KB, 300x511px
What do y'all think of this stuff?
>>
Lifting 6 days / week. Going to be sleep deprived tomorrow. Better to miss a day to give today's gains a chance, or just go lift anyways?
>>
>>41874600
Lift anyway the weights will wake you up
>>
How the fuck do I hit 30% protein? Almost no foods are 30% protein.
>>
>>41874596
Is gud
>>
>>41874596

it's retardedly expensive.
>>
>>41874622
By calorie or mass? Chicken breast may only be 20 percent by mass, but by calorie it's about 70 percent
>>
>>41874654
Thanks I'm retarded.
>>
Are agonist antagonist workouts a good idea?
>>
>>41874596
It's pretty great but does have added sugar
>>
Are protein bars a meme

I'm pretty new to lifting & calorie tracking. I find it most convenient to cook only 1 meal per day, which is a large meal in the evening, comprises about 50% of my daily calories. Protein bars seem easy & convenient to make up each day's macro goals, but I'm not sure how healthy they are

Also is it better to go for the stevia sweetened or the sucralose ones
>>
I got a real bad pain in my shoulder but only when I move it a certain way other than that its fine, I've stopped working out as to not worsen it and it went away over the weekend but I do a lot of physical work and now its back. I don't wanna keep skipping workouts, how can I recover efficiently I'm already getting at least 8 hours sleep and trying not to strain it at work.
>>
2 weeks rest w/ ice and ibuprofen for the first couple of days, rotator cuff exercises afterwards
>>
File: 1498013169760.jpg (75KB, 1013x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1498013169760.jpg
75KB, 1013x1072px
One year ago I had surgery on my chest, my pecs were cut and bones sawed. I have had a slow recovery and don't have any visible chest muscles.
What do you guys recommend I do to get my pecs bigger?

I don't benchpress for chest workout but I can take the bar with 5pounds on each side, 10 reps 2 sets.
I don't take any supplements and I am 63 kg 180cm/5'11''(?)
>>
>>41874839
>>41874853
>>
is it normal for your joints to make little noises when lifting

when i do curls my left elbow makes cracking noises every time i do a rep, my other one doesn't and none of my other joints seem to do it either
>>
can anyone who has done candito's 6 week program explain

does he REALLY tell you do to
Monday: lower body
Tuesday: upper body
Wednesday: upper body
Thursday: lower body
Friday: upper body

isnt training bench two days in a row fucking stupid?
>>
>>41874853
>ice and ibuprofen

this is seriously bad advice

ice and ibuprofen both hinder the processes your body uses to heal
>>
File: 1497891732365.jpg (104KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1497891732365.jpg
104KB, 640x360px
The two days after I deadlift, I feel like I got hit by a car. What can I do to recover better? I'm at 325 x 5 and don't wear a belt.
>>
Can't lift for 9 days, but I can go on walks, how fucked am I? Will all my gains melt away?
>>
>>41875038
Why don't you look it up
>>
File: IMG_0217.jpg (86KB, 663x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0217.jpg
86KB, 663x1024px
>>41874729
You're either already do or are going to have deficiencies.

If you cook in the evening, just make a pot of rice/lentils/quinoa and steam broccoli on top of it. Then put a couple of yams in the oven, and you've got a well rounded meal with adequate protein for cheap. Protein bars are shit, they are adult candy bars. They are also expensive to make a habit out of.

Of course there's other ways to do this, but the bottom line is that protein bars are sub-optimal.
>>
>>41874729
Protein bars are a meme in the sense that they'll get you yoked, but they are definitely useful if you aren't hitting your protein/calorie goal for the day. Nothing wrong with having one every now and then but I imagine it'd be better to limit how often you eat them.
As for what sweetener, I have no clue. Nothing so far has directly proven that either of those are bad for humans, now it seems like it's more about the effect it has on insulin levels. That being sad, I do prefer the taste of stevia
>>
1if I start doing nukols 2xbeginner bench do I do that while doing ss and just bench twice a week always? Or how does this work or do I combine the squat one with the others. Also 2x a week or 3x
This me
>>41857929
>>
>>41874521
Keep your regular volume
>>
Anyone on blood thinners? I've been on a low dose of Apixaban for around 5 weeks now (small clot in my leg) and I've been told I can start "easing my way back in", but I don't think they anticipate a 5/3/1 routine - more like a bit of treadmill action, plus some curls.

Anyone have any experience with this? I might end up being on them long term if the issue is hereditary.
>>
>>41875351
No
>>
>>41874855

Are you just very weak as a result of the surgery, or permanently prevented from moving more weight?
>>
how to archieve the ultimate protein fart?

me and my gymbros have a farting battle running and i really need to win it!
>>
Do women care about a man's body?

I come from a third world country where all women are SAHM. I'll be getting an arranged marriage (not forced) in about 2 years. I've started working out recently and most men around me keep putting me down. I hear stuff like : Women don't care about looks, Women care about how well you can provide for them (I shit you not), etc.

Somebody please give me the redpill on this. I want my wife to be really happy physically. I got the money part covered but I want her to lust after me too. People around me say women don't do that at all and it is making me depressed. :(
>>
>>41875483
yes they do
even the ones that say they dont, do
>>
>>41875499
So why are the men in my country putting me down then. Every single day I have to listen to some guy whine.
>>
>>41875508
Classic crab bucket, they don't want you to outperform/be more desirable than them.
>>
>>41875508
desu you're all probably 3/10s
>>
>>41875550
Not really. I see women checking me out all the time. But I don't care much for what other women think. I am more concerned about what my wife will. Also, I guess you are right. The vast majority of men here 3/10 while the women are 5/10 because of them being fairer and makeup. Lol
>>
>>41874046
Im losing weight rapidly 2-3 kg a week.
went from weiging 125kg to 90kg starting to see loose skin.Whats a best way to mask it without surgery.
>>
>>41874839
Its a inflammation of your shoulder muscle, i had the same after barbell benching a bit too much without spotter.

My main tipp is, work AROUND the pain, you can still work out but you have to not feel the pain while doing these exercises, also its pretty good to work out around the pain because you stimulize blood flow which will cure the inflammation.
1 week it took me to get back to normal mode, also take some homeopathics, no need for ibuprofen.

Get well soon senpai and lift on well.
>>
after watching rippletoe vids my squat finally started feeling good. then today realized there is a difference between high bar & low bar. i guess i started doing low bar. should i just continue with that? is one of the two the norm or do people do both
>>
>>41875483
in countries where women are more fiscally dependent on men, mens looks are less of a deciding factor for women in terms of attraction

that being said they are hardwired to find muscles attractive regardless
>>
>>41875598
read SS instead of asking stupid questions
>>
>>41875320
Better diet, more sleep, dont do dl all the time, switch between certain movements like:
- Romanian dl
- Sumo dl
- Elevated dl

So you wont always have the same strain for your muscle.

If you have the money buy BCAA memes.
>>41875572
I will be completely honest, after such a big weightloss you will need surgery, you can only get lost of excess skin of a certain amount, after loosing about 30 to 60kg in a short period of time you will face the surgery...
But go to a doctor and let him tell his oppinion because he actually should know what he is talking about.
>>41874161
Try one armed barbell bench, its hard to do but it will strengthen your core aswell and you get better in focusing on your pecs seperately.
>>41874183
Too much weight, you first have to strengthen your shoulders or have somebody look at your form, you might not see it but stick your shoulders out when it gets to this high of weight.
>>
>>41875402
It's after the surgery, now I just need to build from scratch
>>
File: SPORTSTECH BRT500.png (110KB, 379x582px) Image search: [Google]
SPORTSTECH BRT500.png
110KB, 379x582px
>>41874046
i think about getting a bench like pic related

i already have a sit-up-bench, but i want a flat one for dumb bells and stuff...

i don't really want to spend 200 bucks on a bench, there are cheap ones for like 40 bucks, is a cheap one good enough?

pic related is 150€... looks good, but I'm not sure if a cheap one wouldn't do the same...

thoughts?
>>
I got some cottage cheese but I don't really know in what foods to put it and need ideas.
>>
>>41875816
Eat it straight.
>>
>>41875794
check the max weight. Some of the cheap ones have incredibly low max weight ratings. Also I would buy one strong enough for incline bench.
>>
>>41875826
this. get one that exceed the amount you are lifting + you.

also look up online used benches. look up the brand the individual is selling and see if you can work with that. but if there are holes or tape on the bench, don't buy it. if you can't find a good used one spend the extra dollar on one that can take your loads and that won't fall apart on you over the years...
>>
>>41875824
this. you'll eat it quicker and after a couple days you'll get used to the flavor/texture. eating it quicker will help give you more time between that meal and the next. it is afterall just cottage cheese. not like you are eating a burger super fast.
>>
>>41875826
>>41875842
ok, thanks
>>
>>41875366
clearly I did if I am asking it here. candido logic : don't do ab work before squats but go ahead and do bench day before bench day
>>
I finally bought a pullup bar yesterday, I was doing chest/triceps/shoulder bodyweight routines since I couldn't do one diamond pushup or more than 20 pushups. But my biceps are lacking and my back inexistants.
So I'm doing this programm :
Monday : pullups/chinups
Tuesday : triceps
Wednesday : pullups/chinups
Thursday : chest
Friday : pullups/chinups
Saturday : shoulders
My question is, can I do abs everyday? Or maybe only on pullups/other day? And would weighted sit-ups be better than L-sit progression/sit-ups/crunches?
>>
>>41875884
Do 3x12 of lighter weight the first day, and 5x5 of heavier weight the second. Or the other way around, whatever.
>>
>>41875483
the more money and resource you have the more advantage you have when it comes to females wanting to mate with you. like a teenager desperately wanting a car. he doesn't need a car to mate, but it opens up more opportunity to do so, and can make some things in his life easier. and this is where lifestyle choice comes in along with justifications.

the segment on other men you know putting you down: the reason they do that is because they don't do what you do to begin with. working out isn't a hobby for them; they were never taught in-depth detail about working out.

all they see is you do it to improve your own competitive state to make mating easier and to come off as more intimidating/capable. it's the most basic of misunderstandings from people who don't exercise. it's not that your working out is necessarily ALL about vanity, but it's a factor by default. even if you simply wanted to look better naked to begin with, after months and years it isn't just about that. and that's what they don't see. also maybe you come off as a braggadocio type, or you talk constantly about working out. but maybe not.

they're ignorant and there really is no argument. you can spit straight facts, objectively, with no emotion, and they will continue to be more emotional about the subject and more outspoken about it. i know this because we've all been in this situation with someone before.
>>
Where do you OHP??

Do you not count the weight of the bar??
>>
>>41875924
You need rows and squats. Look up Australian rows. Replace a chinups pull-up day with those two
>>
fitizens anyone else on this board feel pretty much calm (like zen mode calm) in public, and end up coming off as mad, and then you hear two people talking shit about you within earshot?
>>
>>41875508
From what you've said about third-world countries and arranged marriages, my childhood tells me most women there do care about that tall muscular guy look, but owing to the fact that they want a lot lot more to be a rich SAHM, they do in fact think rich >> hot.

So hotness is a deciding factor, but not as much as in first-world countries. That said, just exercise for yourself, you will feel good that you look good. Your friends are just jealous.

I also find that perceptions of hotness vary more in developed countries. Idek if it's because women there have more time to explore their specific preferences, but that's how fetishes and liking girlier guys seems to be a thing.
>>
>>41876071
this. also might i add (as example) america's standard of challenges is different. because the lifestyle reward system is different. the ripped first world wealthy american looking man is one figure. the ripped 3rd world looking hard working man is a completely different figure.
>>
>>41875782

I'd say to focus on hypertrophy for a few months. Use DBs if you're uncomfortable with the bar. Other than flat bench, cable flyes, incline bench, and hammer grip (?) machine are all solid.

Start with flat bench, though.
>>
>>41875988
Ohp in the squat rack.
Do you lift the bar (+weights) ? If you do, count it
>>
>>41876007
I can do 4 sets of 5 pullups/chinups until I can't do more than 4, then 3, etc, do I completely stop to do it ? Or do I include rows and do them more ?
Also is squatting with a weight filled backpack ok ? Biking is my hobby so I think I could begin with at least 30kg
>>
What's the lowest BF% that you can maintain constantly?
>>
>>41875988

In a rack. Unless it's busy and the weight is light enough to clean comfortably.

Yes, always count the bar.
>>
>>41876132
That's a good point. There's lots of ripped farmers in third world countries but they are not considered all that eligible matrimonially.

That said, the anon we are speaking about, can write fluent english and is on the internet, so he should be of a higher class within his country. If he gets ripped, he looks good and people of his class already know that any gainz he makes can't be from plowing the fields.
>>
>>41876247

Do negative pullups and then switch to a few sets of rows.

You can squat with a back pack, but how much can you realistically put in one? And how do you get it on your back when you get above 30kg? Just use a barbell.
>>
>>41874046
I perfer a closer than average grip on the bench press(inside the rings) Will i have less chest gains cuz of this?
>>
File: plant.png (111KB, 720x658px) Image search: [Google]
plant.png
111KB, 720x658px
Do i have to use hip smash like Torokhity when I clean and snatch or can I just jump the weight up and punch it overhead? I really dont like letting the bar touch my body because its hard and there's niggers at my gym that mightve used the bar before me.
>>
>>41876302
not if you're doing sufficient accessory work
>>
File: chuck-taylor-II.jpg (122KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
chuck-taylor-II.jpg
122KB, 960x640px
Need new gym shoes.

Heard chucks are good.

High ankle (pic related) or no?
>>
>>41876884
save up for a pair of actual lifting shoes

in the long term it will save you MUCH embarassment
>>
>>41876912
What are some actual lifting shoes?

>Tfw no idea, I just need to change from my running shoes because too much heel and too spongy for squats/diddly
>>
>>41876254
The more you lift, the more comfortable you'll be at a lower bf%
>>
>>41877113
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=weightlifting+shoes
>>
>>41877158
Just like I can google how to lose weight and American inventors, right?
>>
>>41875462
GOMAD + POBAD (pound of beans a day)
>>
File: 2017-06-21 10.07.16.jpg (336KB, 837x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-21 10.07.16.jpg
336KB, 837x1200px
Whenever I do a chest exercise, I notice my soreness tends to be in this region rather than the actual chest area. Now I have man boobs so my chest obviously isn't nearly as broad as this guy's, but I would imagine I should be feeling the soreness closer to the center of the pecks? Am I using the wrong muscles when pushing?
>>
i see a lot of people saying stuff like "as long as you count your macros you'll get big" and "its doable natty but you gotta do the work and count macros"

as a skelly trying to gain, is counting macros that important? i figure as long as i get 1kg of protein per pound and eat TDEE+500 calories i'll gain. does the ratio of fat/carbs/protein really matter? why do they always say count your macros.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (249KB, 1772x909px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
249KB, 1772x909px
How do i attain the guy on the left from skinnyfat physique?

Not golem on the right.
>>
>>41877362
gain for a year and then cut hard
>>
I've hurt my back somewhat when doing lmao1.5pl squats (I pretty much have zero muscles and worked my way up there from the empty bar). Think my back wasn't straight enough for one rep and I completely fucked up the next one. Now it somewhat hurts when I have to, for example, sit up from a lying position without the help of my arms.

What did I fuck up and how long will it approximately take to heal? It's not some huge pain but it's definitely noticable when moving it.
>>
>>41877374
So +500 surplus for a year then cut for 6 months maybe. Btw 5'11 137 pounds
>>
>>41877285
If you are DYEL/new/reallyunfit this is normal and continue as usual.

If you have been working out for a few weeks now, it is a decent clue that your using your shoulders too much. Ask yourself this: does you back AT ALL lift off the seat/bench/whatever when you do your exercises? If you think you are doing this, focus and keeping your back planted firmly, and remember to extend your ROM to its limit. You'll end up using the chest the further into the push.

If neither of these things, consider taking longer rests, lower sets if your going on heavy days, lower weights if it can't be supplimented.

Lowering weights when not SS'ing is bad for mental fortitude and is a slippery slope to the "It hurts so I can just relax and use lighter weights" mentally.
>>
>>41877415

Sounds like a disc issue, but go by general rule of thumb: if it persists longer than a week, see a doctor.
>>
>>41877546
Thanks. Should I continue lifting though? I usually lift Monday, Wednesday, Friday with Saturday and Sunday being being two rest days after each other. I'll probably take two rest days now to see if it gets any better but I doubt it'll be gone after two days.
>>
Anyone have experience with regrowing muscle? I have a hole in the muscle of my left thigh from a car wreck where the door broke inward and shatter my femur.
I was Sumo DLing Sunday and when I was on my final set it felt like it was going to cramp, but it wasn't really a cramp. I wonder if it's possible to actually fill the hole with muscle.
>>
Greyskull or Strong Lifts?
>>
When I work out I struggle to complete my lifts and I work out for over an hour. Yet I lack a "burn" . Does that mean I need to change something? I used to get a burn the first couple of days I worked out but now I don't. If I don't get a burn does it mean that I'm not making gains?
>>
>>41874046
As a beginner is it worth doing 8-12 reps per set if the weight I'm doing them with is paltry? Or should I go go gadget starting strength to build the numbers even if I'd rather look better than lift heavier?

Also, stomach vacuums yay or nay?
>>
>>41881093
Forgot to say, currently I ohp 40kg / bench 1pl8 and change / squat 1.8 pl8 / deadlift 2pl8 for reps.
>>
File: 1497380607793.jpg (56KB, 640x621px) Image search: [Google]
1497380607793.jpg
56KB, 640x621px
>>41875051
how is that?
>>
If you can still make progress with sets of 5, personally I would say stick with that, just blast through your linear gains. The amount of time they last for is only short in the grand scheme of things, there will be plenty of time for playing with different rep ranges in future.

Stomach vacuums are a very good, worthwhile exercise, they hit certain abdominal muscles that don't get worked much elsewhere, and can help keep a "tight" core that holds itself in more when relaxed.
>>
>>41881149

shit, in reply to >>41881093

Oh and stomach vacuums are great also because you can do them anywhere.
>>
i'm running a ppl routine and i've been doing abs on leg days, but now i'm thinking of doing abs every day. is this a bad idea or a good idea?
>>
>>41881412
Bad idea. Reason being you won't get much more from it and potentially if you strain or fatigue your abs that could contribute to back rounding in heavy lifts, which in turn can damage your spine.

I've been there.

>>41878849
If you mean pump, then yeah thats kinda usual but in a bad way.
Do more sets, don't rest as long between sets, and maybe drink more idk

>>41877727
SS

>>41877649
Once its gone it's gone unfortunately
>>
File: 1472560949741.jpg (122KB, 540x668px) Image search: [Google]
1472560949741.jpg
122KB, 540x668px
So, my trainer at the gym told me I should have more protein every day, that I should double my protein intake, so he told me that, to begging with, I should drink more protein shakes, once in the morning and then after I train. I told him yesterday I had some after I woke up and he told me that wasn't going to work because the body wasn't active so I wasn't going to absorb it as protein but as energy.

How much bullshit is this? I mean, sure, I have to eat/get more protein, but it doesn't sound right that it wont work if I drink it that way.
>>
>>41881490
I'll explain to you the facts and you can decide what's true or not.
1. You need a higher protein intake when building muscle
2. You can theoretically have all your protein for the day in 1 meal and you'll be fine as long as you don't don't this every single day
3. However it is sensible to spread it out between mean, but not detrimental to performance to not do so
4. It doesn't matter what your source of protein is, be it whey or food, its all the same (simplified)

My recommendation would be to eat 1gram of protein per 1lbs of lean body mass
For example, say you weigh 200lbs, and 170lbs of that is lean mass, I'd recommended you'd aim for around 160-170grams a day

However it doesn't matter if you don't always hit that, as long as you are around that mark you'll do fine.

Finally, everyone at the gym is a fucking retarded meathead, so take it all with a grain of salt.
>>
>>41881548
Well, Ill get my new diet tomorrow so I couldnt tell you right now my intake requirementes, but the question wasn't regarding the protein intake, but what he told me about not drinking the shake after waking up

>if you do that you wont get the protein, youll absorb it as energy

Basically, Ill be wasting the protein. He told me I should wake up, have breakfast and what not, and then after 3 hours the body would be active enough to be able to "take" the protein shake as protein.

>Finally, everyone at the gym is a fucking retarded meathead, so take it all with a grain of salt

Well, those guys studied physical education and stuff like that, sure, they are not doctors or nutritionists, but they at least know about that kind of stuff. I agree that even between professionals or whatever, there are many myths and broscience tips with no real science behind them.
>>
>>41881629
I answered your question and if you can't figure it out with the information i supplied then you are doomed.

A degree in physical education doesn't equate to even a basic level of understanding human biology.
>>
>>41881149
>>41881154
All makes sense, cheers mang
>>
>>41881114
How do you squat almost 2 plates but barely bench more than 1 plate. Are my legs seriously that weak. I don't understand how everyone squats so fucking much
>>
Can someone recommend me some good videos for proper form on neck extensions and flexions?
>>
Just started going to the gym
do I have to do any cardio before hitting the benches? or do I go straight for the weights?

I read somewhere that you should do some cardio before or after weights but idk if that was a weightloss tip or a bulkup tip
>>
>>41882394
I'd personally recommend doing some row machine. I only do 500m or so but i feel it helps me not get injured seeing as it will use arms, legs, back, etc.
>>
>>41882413
oh, so just for warmup right?
>>
>>41882467
Yeah for warmup, and some cardio is often recommended after you're done lifting. I recently started doing couch to 5k and im enjoying it
>>
Should I join a gym? Is it worth the money, and how much would it cost?

I've been exercising regularly on my own for over a year now but I've kinda hit a wall. Also I learn best by having a teacher, so maybe get a personal trainer.
>>
File: download2415.png (4KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
download2415.png
4KB, 204x247px
Pretty sure I herniated a disc about 4 weeks in an ATV wreck. Does this shit ever heal completely? Pain is mild, but I still have some referred nerve pain and tingling in my foot when sitting down.

I know the Hodgetwins completely stopped squatting and deadlifting form herniated discs
>>
>>41882493
depends entirely on your goals. Many thrive on calisthenics routines, but there's you will have a bigger opportunity to get a more complete workout at a gym. As for price, its impossible to say, it depends entirely on where you live and what you are willing to pay.
>>
Stuck with Planet Fitness for two and a half months. Wanted to start SL5x5 (they don't have flat barbells though) and I hear that smith machines are really bad for your form if you move on to the real thing later. Should I just fuck around with dumbbell substitutes until I go to a real gym?
>>
>>41882380
looking for these myself.

from searching and no! personal experience:
check out alphadestiny on neck exercises but when your doing exercises, neck related or not, always tuck your chin in and pull head a bit backward.
it's the same with training chest and never back, shoulders get turned in forward ( head sticks out more instead of above your spine etc)
>>
How long should I continue bulking before I start cutting?
>>
If I take creatine and start to notice my hair thinning and stop taking it, will my hair go back to the way it was? I'm 18 and have a full head of hair btw, but my dad's hair has been thinning and I don't wanna fuck with them hair loss genetics
>>
>>41882567
Never cut before (lifting for 5 months from skelly mode), but I'm probably going to bulk until I reach my desired strength levels
>>
File: kjdf.jpg (49KB, 641x429px) Image search: [Google]
kjdf.jpg
49KB, 641x429px
>be skeleton all my life
>decide to get strong and aesthetic
>start lifting and bulking
>lifts going up nicely, gain 10kg first two months
>look at the mirror, ass full of stretch marks, gyno...
>sadfrog.jpg
>at least I'm stronger now :(

I'm still dyel as fuck, specially the chest because I was pressing with my shoulders/arms. I can feel a lump under my nipples that goes towards my armpits, is there anything that I can do about it or it's to late?
I'm not sure why this happened, I don't take steroids (obviously), only thing I can think is that soy protein I took at first...
Also what do with stretch marks?
>>
File: WXrVfSV[1].jpg (56KB, 610x813px) Image search: [Google]
WXrVfSV[1].jpg
56KB, 610x813px
Is bodybuilding when you're ugly(face) a bad investment? Should I just stick to health motivated exercise and use the energy I'd use for bodybuilding for something more productive instead?
>>
Can i spread the exersizes I normally do 3 days a week into 7 days a week ?
I would be doing the exact same on a week by week basis, but I feel spreading it out more will help with having maximum energy when doing an exersize.
>>
File: r26z28.gif (3MB, 433x248px) Image search: [Google]
r26z28.gif
3MB, 433x248px
>>41874046
I can't be the only one who hates this fucking kid??

I can't stand him and will not watch anything he is in, the guy is cringe and is a joke when it come to anything. I wouldn't waste three minutes talking to him or his stupid followers...
>>
Why does 3x8 build size but 5x5 only strength when it has more reps? No bro science pls
>>
They say >abs are made in the kitchen
Does that mean I can skip core workouts completely?
>>
>>41883637
no. the reason your pic looks so bad is because it looks like someone glued some weak nerd kid's head into a bodybuilders body, his style doesnt matches at all. you can be ugly and avoid looking ridiculous by having a consistent style
>>
>>41883699
Fuck no
I fell for that meme and now I have no abs at no more than 15% bf
>>
>>41874046
I'm 6'0 and 250 lbs, moderately fat
Why can I deadlift 3 1/2 plates but only squat one??? Squats just gas me so fucking much. I can leg press 5 plates if that helps. (All these are for 5 reps)
>>
>>41874430
Yes and deadlifts
>>
>>41883710
"Moderately fat" anon. Your squatting a extra plate in fat every time
>>
>>41874046
Where do vegan get essential fats, for things like brain function?
>>
>>41883708
fuck that means i'm in the meme right now
>>
>>41883799
Vegetable oil
are you retarded
>>
dudes

how do i into pull ups. no assisted pull up machine is available. i can do one with good form and then gotta bail
>>
>>41883851
work your back muscles. i'd suggest barbell row
>>
>>41874521
Keep the same volume but if you aren't already then you should take BCAAs. Look them up if you need to but they'll help a LOT. Drink them DURING your workout, not after.

My question is: will a shaker bottle be okay to use if I left it in a hot car? It was empty, so it's not like moldy and disgusting and stuff but I'm worried about the hot plastic part, kinda like how water bottle chemicals will seep into the water. Whatcha think /fit/?
>>
>>41883851
lat pulldowns and negatives
>>
>>41883851
Cut.
Maybe do lat pulldown in the meantime
>>
File: 1496537351940.png (64KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
1496537351940.png
64KB, 658x901px
>>41874046
I don't think my recovery is good enough to be on a PPL

I was on SL5x5 for a while and was doing pretty good, but I've been on coolcicadas PPL for a few weeks now and I feel exhausted every fucking day

I'm pushing all my days forward a day because I'm way too zonked to go to the gym right now

am I a failure? Should I kill myself?

Also with a PPL does it matter the order of the days? i.e. if I go PLPPLPx instead of PPLPPLx does it make a difference?
>>
>>41883851
negatives are dope as shit for building your pull ups
>>
File: 1497644305551.png (238KB, 692x687px) Image search: [Google]
1497644305551.png
238KB, 692x687px
How does front squat compare to back squat as far as maxes? Is lmao 2pl8 decent for front?
>>
>>41874046
Q: what's the daily sodium intake?

Q: does (static) stretching actually work?
>>
I have forearm splints I think. Sharp pain just above the wrist bone up to the mid forearm. I think it was from curls. I lowered the weight and tried gripping it tightly and slowly releasing it. It's still fucking me up, if I rotate my forearm in certain angles it hurts and now it's impacting other pull/push lifts and even annoyed me during squats.

Should I stop lifting completely until it heals?
>>
>>41883914
TAKE BCAAs NIGGA

I'm autistic so I'd stick to PPLPPLx and not switch up the days, but why would you even need to switch it up? Objectively though, you'll have different amounts of rest time for different muscle groups so for instance your legs wouldn't get as much rest as your second pull/push day since it's so much further out if you switch it up.

As a side note, if you don't already, try switching up your main lifts on different Push/Pull days. What I mean is, for example, on first push day you'd maybe start with bench, then OHP. Since they work the same muscles basically, your OHP will be weaker, as you're already fatigued, and you'll lift less. Second push day then, start with OHP instead and you'll be able to do more, but then your bench will suffer in the same way.

If you're on a weekly progression it's perfect DESU
>>
How does front squat compare to back as far as maxes go? Is lmao 2pl8 decent for a front squat max?
>>
>>41884024
Oh I misread it, PLP vs PPL isn't a big difference really, as long as you're consistent
>>
>>41877421
>5'11
>137 pounds

Are you male or female?
>>
>>41877113
>shoes matter when lifting
nice meme m8
>>
File: 1498014506810.jpg (20KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1498014506810.jpg
20KB, 540x540px
>>41884024
>>41884033
Do BCAAs help with recovery/fatigue?

Only reason I'd want to switch up my days is because I'm a vapid slut so I'd rather have a good upper body workout/pump on saturday when i'm gonna be trying to bang sloots lel

I'll try the mixing up main lifts thing, thanks
>>
/fit/ says lifting won't cure autism, but how much can lifting mask it?
>>
>>41884077
Yeah they do, just read up on them nibba. Make sure it has glutamine too, but XTEND for instance is a good brand. In my state there's a store called hi health that has a good one but it's Arizona only I think. Anyway, research them, they're the real deal.

As far as the main lift, to give you an idea of what I did when I was newer to lifting (this applies more to push days than it does to leg/pull desu) but I'd do bench at 100% weight, then OHP at 80-90%. This is working/rep weight, not max. Then on the second push day, I'd do a heavier 100% of my OHP, but then deload bench to 80-90%. Next week, id do 100% bench again but add like 5 pounds or whatever, and do the same for OHP the next pull day. Does that make sense lad? Anyways it's just so you get a better sense of progression on both lifts, instead of always having one be a bit weaker. This is only really useful for weekly progression tho as I mentioned, since if you're adding weight every single session it's a little more confusing (but really you just add weight to the lifts anyways and still do the 100% or 80% thing)
>>
>>41884064
Male
>>
File: 1497607731166.jpg (56KB, 510x766px) Image search: [Google]
1497607731166.jpg
56KB, 510x766px
Best way to work neck muscles?
>>
>>41874430
As the first replier said, speed squats may help a bit. The best way to train your vertical is directly, and the second best way is probably with power cleans.
The second replier who said yes and deadlifts is a fucking moron.
>>
>>41874650
l2costco

>>41874867
yes it's normal, just be mindful about how they feel

>>41875924
you can do abs however often you like. to the best of my knowledge, situps/crunches are considered potentially detrimental to your spine health and youre better off with static training anyway, since core muscles are primarily for stabilization.

>>41876044
sorry about your autism m8
>>
>>41884164
yeah that makes sense, appreciate all the help anon
>>
Can I lose fat by just walking? Can't run because of fucked up knee but I can walk. Will walking an hour a few times a week help?
>>
File: 1495567038129.jpg (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495567038129.jpg
30KB, 300x300px
Hey lads so heres a thought. I have had a slight case of jock itch on my butt for many years. Doesn't really itch anymore unless I sweat and don't shower for a few hours. However the discoloration is still there. My prosition is this, can a sunburn cure the discoloration?

Heres my logic, the sun burns your skin, peels, and sort of gives you a new layer of skin. If I sunburn the area with the jock itch, will it make it go away once the sunburn jock itch skin peels off?
>>
>>41876044
Yes. I don't know about "mad" but I certainly don't know how I come across, then I get to wondering about how much of the social other people are modeling, because I'm always modeling less than I'd like, but at the same time I'd rather think about other things then the current social situation most of the time.
>>
>>41875483
Who cares what women want.
That being said, women want someone to take care of them. If that means looking tough and intimidating scary men, then do that; or if that means providing for them financially, do that.
If you're getting married regardless, just fucking go with it.
>>
>>41875508
Sounds like sand nigger talk or poo in loo talk.
Be the best you can be.
Deus Vult if you can.
>>
File: whole-grain-bread.jpg (203KB, 1024x750px) Image search: [Google]
whole-grain-bread.jpg
203KB, 1024x750px
Are peanut butter sandwiches a meme? Should I switch to regular ham and cheese?

Also, creamy or nutty PB?
>>
>>41884553
Running overall is just more time efficient time wise, but sure walking helps, way better than sitting in your ass
takes your mind off food/eating too
>>
i keep rounding my back and getting knee pain when i squat/deadlift. i've been told it's an issue of core activation so i've been working on that. i've still been doing ohp/bench/chinups/other arm+chest stuff and i've been doing a shitload of planks. what do i do to help correct this?
>>
>>41883810
>animal fats
>vegetable oil
>same thing
K lad
>>
>>41885265
Just squat or deadlift lighter, and work on form more desu lad
>>
Why are basketball shorts a meme? What else am I going to fucking wear? Leggings?
>>
>>41883710
because you have shitty squat leverages probably
>>
>>41885265
Full range abdominals
>>
File: 1496902281140.png (495KB, 953x1282px) Image search: [Google]
1496902281140.png
495KB, 953x1282px
>>41886420
How about normal shorts retard?
>>
I've lost 56 lbs (from 235) but I still have bltch tìts and love handles. What are some excercises or diets that help?
>>
>>41877727
SS>SL>GSLP
>>
>>41875578
I'm guessing you're long gone but for what it's worth this worked thanks m8, working out actually did help reduce the pain and didn't make it worse. I'm so glad helpful people like you are on /fit/.
>>
Why people barefoot squat and deadlift?
>>
>>41883994
I had the same, what worked for me is doing Cross Body Hammer Curl instead EZ bar curl.
>>
I was doing reddit ppl for about 3 months but recent work and family commitment has reduced the amount of time I can spend at the gym, what's a good program for 3 times a week? SS? What about accessories? I believe SS doesn't come with any.
>>
File: 1496278182825.jpg (30KB, 480x461px) Image search: [Google]
1496278182825.jpg
30KB, 480x461px
>>41874046
>270 pounds

Is there any hope for me? I'm 18, going onto 19 and I heard that as I get older it will be harder and harder to lose weight. What do I do about stretch marks?
>>
anybody wanna give me 75€ so i dont have to wait weeks till i have all money together for my first cycle?
[email protected]
would really change a life guys
>>
>>41888315
.net but i guess no ones gonna do it anyway
>>
been lifting a little under 3 months and i'm pulling a 255-270lb deadlift but my grip is starting to become an issue to where i feel it slipping and my form suffers. is that too light to be using straps? should i get straps to keep progressing on the dl and just do additional grip exercises?
>>
beginner noobfag here
what are those 1/2/3/4 or 4/3/2/1 mean?
>>
File: IMG_2419.jpg (179KB, 736x1046px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2419.jpg
179KB, 736x1046px
How do get a lumpy swole back like this statue? I'm assuming they're part of the lats or either Erectors, but what lifts will make them become bulgy like that?
>>
>>41888349
1/2/3/4 are the # of plates for the big compound lifts: overhead press/bench press/squat/deadlift
>>
>>41888394
nice, cheers!
>>
>>41888349
Amount of plates in the main compound lifts (OHP, Bench, Squat, Deadlift)
1 plate = 20kg/45lbs on each side + 20kg bar, so 1=60kg ohp, 2=100kg bench, etc
Not to be confused with the routine 5/3/1
>>
File: 1497093361894.png (25KB, 448x412px) Image search: [Google]
1497093361894.png
25KB, 448x412px
I had to stop squatting and deadlifting for a couple of months. I was at 225 / 295 before I stopped. I was cutting that entire time so I can only assume the muscles associated with those lifts have atrophied quite a bit.

Just got back into both, though I am box squatting. Box squat is at 225 and Deadlift is at 225. Can I still make it back up to normal squat at 240 + deadlift at 315 while I'm still cutting?

5'7" - 154 lbs, goal is at least 10 - 12% bf which I really fucking hope is around 140 lbs.
>>
>>41888499
Just to add, I dropped from 192.
OHP, bench and rows have all improved by 10 - 20 lbs.
>>
Why do people do one arm tricep pushdowns while grasping the cable instead of using a handle?
>>
>>41889295
To build callouses to put off the illusion they're men that do hard work when in reality they're soft cunts that really just do office work pushing a pencil.
>>
I have a standing desk work station. Pros/cons of doing weightless shrugs and calf raises besides looking like an insecure manlet who doesn't know wtf he's doing at work? Will I actually see any gains in my calves and traps by doing this all day?
>>
My wrists are 1 and a half inches wide. Since there's no way of ever increasing this size should i just give up? I feel like I've already maxed out at 40lbs OHP, 65lbs bench, 55lbs squat without snapping my wrists.
>>
>>41889478
Lol dude, my wrists are barely wider than that I I ohp 105 and push press 130. You're not going to break your wrists.
>>
File: IMG_4586.jpg (520KB, 1502x2264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4586.jpg
520KB, 1502x2264px
Do I have gyno or am I just a fat fuck? Or both?

Skinnyfat at 6'2 180lbs
>>
>>41889478
Are you not counting the bar (45 lbs) in those lifts? Either way, you're still weak as fuck, just lift.
Also stop fucking browsing this site or taking it so seriously cause all of the shitposting is clearly legitimately messing with you.
>>
>>41889746
That's not gyno. That's the affect gravity has on excess fat.
>>
>>41889746
You're just skinnyfat and sitting, so your dainties slope down.

You have great body hair and could be quite sexy if you actually lifted.
>>
>>41889746
u dont have gyno neither muscle
>>
Is light cardio enough to warm up before lifting, or should I do sets with no weight instead?

Also, I'm a dumb noob - how do I avoid being in the wrong place to do lifts? Is there a deadlift/OHP equivalent of doing curls in the squat rack that I shouldn't do?
>>
>>41889771
Sweet I shoulda paid more attention in science class.
>>41889778
Thanks, and yeah I'm recovering from a serious knee injury right now so I've pretty much been bedridden for the past month or so, but once I start my physical therapy and start moving around I'm definitely gonna start lifting!
>>
in your opinion, what the average height for a 14 year old?
>>
>>41890255
3ft 2 inches
>>
Can anyone link/recommend me a program where you train OHP, bench, squat, dl for strength and rest is aesthetics?

Is that even possible? If I pick regular bro split program and do those for lifts for 3x5 instead of 3x10, 2x8 etc. will it work?
>>
>>41890661
PHUL
>>
>>41875393
My condolences to your gains man.
>>
>>41876247
fucking hell bikefags are a fucking thing even on /fit/
>>
>>41890255
Underage b&
>>
>>41876399
why do you have that pic saved
>>
>>41881548
Are these, in fact, facts?
>>
>>41882394
You are 8 years old.
>>
>>41882493
GTFO off my board
>>
Anyone else going vegan after What the Health
I'm giving it 2 weeks, and eating a fuckton of beans and nuts
>>
>>41883637
you think that nerd wears those boxers?

>>41883695
R
>>
>>41892471
No
>>
File: 20170622_152237.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170622_152237.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I haven't worked out or lifted since Aug 16, does anyone have a guess what my bf % is and how long it will take me to get to 15% with 1400kcals a day and exercise? And is muscle memory a real thing?
>>
if I'm trying to lose weight and I only eat between 500-700 calories because I'm not hungry, is that ok? After working out I don't feel hungry at all, and I usually work out after breakfast or lunch, hence the little amount of calories.
>>
>>41883695
Read the fucking book

>>41883699
Yes that is obviously what it means
>>
>>41889778
nohomo
>>
File: softone.jpg (439KB, 1210x1613px) Image search: [Google]
softone.jpg
439KB, 1210x1613px
>>41892485

and from the front
>>
File: 1476065370996.png (21KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1476065370996.png
21KB, 657x527px
My left shoulder and rotator cuff are inflamed, I think.

I'm pretty sure it's an injury because my right arm isn't giving me any trouble and I've been doing the same shit with it.

It isn't torn because the pain isn't huge, but they both pop and it is uncomfortable to do sudden movements with my arms or touch my back.

What's some good treatment before I head to a clinic?
>>
>>41892641
I meant left elbow and rotator cuff.
>>
File: br.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
br.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
I have to do 19 push ups and 39 crunches to pass the physical test to get in the army here. I can do it now, but its still hard. I want to go beyond it. How do i know when doing to much and not doing enough? I've read somewhere that if you do too many reps you get no gains.
>>
>>41892816
you won't get much gains from pullups
>>
>>41892840
I mean, i dont want to get bigger, just good at these calisthenics
>>
>>41892816
>19 push ups and 39 crunches
is this a joke
>>
>>41892816

just do planks daily, start at 15 seconds and work your way up to 3 minutes at 15 seconds intervals

close in pull ups will do wonders for pushups, have someone hold your legs for the bar if you cant do them at first

also dont forget to eat at least 1 gram of protein per every 2 lbs you weigh a day
>>
>>41892816
>And this... is to... go.. even further ... BEYOND !!!!
>>
>>41892816
>I've read somewhere that if you do too many reps you get no gains.
pure /fit/ science
>>
Is SS+GOMAD and Cowboy method a meme?

Is 5/3/1 a meme?
>>
File: 1470768926171.png (522KB, 512x595px) Image search: [Google]
1470768926171.png
522KB, 512x595px
>>41892816
>exército brasileiro
>>
>>41893531
SS and GOMAD are not memes. I wouldn't say it was useful if you were a bodybuilder going the aesthetics, striations and all that shit. But if you're just a guy looking to beef up it works well. People will argue for days about clean bulls/dirty bulks rarara, but fact is a gallon of milk, 3 calorie heavy meals and heavy consistent lifting will make you grow. Do it for a while, if you don't like it choose a different method, it's that easy. Stop looking for strangers on the internet to make choices for you, it's your life.
>>
is biking a good replacement for leg day ?
>>
>>41894425
are you executing a barbell squat on your bike?
>>
>>41894425
If you're climbing.
>>
What type of pants should I wear to hide my embarrassingly small dick
>>
>>41895665
Or I should say the to hide the fact that I have a small dick
>>
>>41894425
No. It's an endurance exercise, not strength training. Yes, biking will increase your leg size. It's still not strength training. Yes, the sprint cyclists with the huge legs do lots of squats and lower body strength training apart from biking.
>>
File: UthertheLightbringer.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
UthertheLightbringer.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
How the fuck do i fix tennis elbow

and how the fuck do i get rid of hemorrhoids
>>
Does a rowing machine count as cardio?
>>
>>41895939
yes
>>
Will the VA cover gyno surgery?
>>
>>41882508
fucked for life
>>
How do I get better chest activation in bench? I already arch my back and squeeze my shoulder blades, but I mostly feel it in my tris.
>>
What are the pros of cold shower? and (don't hate pls I'm new) is localized fat loss a meme or can it be achieved in some way?
>>
What is the female version of 1/2/3/4?

Thanks.
>>
>>41874046
Question. I the guy in OP pic actually a downy/autistic (srs). I watched a video of his a while back and it seems like the dude is putting on an act he's so fucking stupid. If this guy is actually like this I'm schlump.
>>
I'm trying to calculate my resting metabolic rate and the formula I found to do just that needs my height, weight, and age.

For the weight portion, should I exclude the weight of my fat or just put in my whole weight? If I should exclude the weight of fat, how could I determine what percentage of my weight is fat?

Fat doesn't burn through any calories, right? It's just lean mass that does that, right?
>>
I've lost 30lbs and look the exact same, what gives?

I'm 5'7" and currently 177lbs. I thought that dropping to 155lbs would be enough to be thin, but judging by how I look and how close I am, I dont think I'm going to look how I want. At what point am I going to see changes in my body?
>>
I've been on this routine for about 4 months and have made excellent gains, but I'm wondering if there is anything to add/remove for a more rounded aesthetic or more efficient gains. Unfortunately, the gyms I have access to do NOT have barbells and I'm too poor to afford a membership right now. Hopefully in a few months I'll have enough dosh to do so.

PPLPPLx

Push:
Dumbbell Press 3x8
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 3x8
Incline Dumbbell Press 3x8 (only on first push day)
Cable flyes 3x8
Tricep pushdowns 3x8
Side lat raise 3x8
Front lat raise 3x8

Pull:
Lat pulldown 3x8
Seated Rows 3x8
Bicep Curls 3x8
Hammer curls 3x8
Farmer Carry 2x across the gym and back
Shrugs 3x8

Legs:
Dumbbell squats 3x8
Calf Raises 3x12
hamstring curls 3x8
leg raises 3x8
plank 1 min center/left/right
Bicycle kicks 3x24
>>
>>41892816

Before I enlisted I went from 10 pushups to 50+.

I just did the 100 pushup challenge. It's surprisingly effective considering it was on Buzzfeed. Only took about 3-4 weeks to get to 50 in one sitting.
>>
>>41897329
your full weight. unless you have fat capliers dont worry about bodyfat%
>>
>>41897377
did you take a photo every monoth or so to watch your progress?
>>
How much strength can you gain while losing weight?

I'm a newfag, started at around 235 lb at 6 ft. Down to about 220 now. I'm on that basic 5x5 program and im so fucking happy about the little strength gains i've mad that im scared i won't be able to keep up progress when i lose more weight
>>
how much on average does a full cycle of gear cost?

i need the info for my bullshit detector
>>
Am I gay?
>>
Best warmup for a leg day?
Threadmill running?
Incline threadmill walking?
Cycling machine?
Eliptical (doubt it though)?
No stepping machine in my gym.
>>
>>41898247
Skip rope (like a boxer, not a little girl on the playground), explosive squats with bar, plyometric jumps from an ass to grass position, foam roll. I read an article some that talked about performing explosive movements 'woke Up' muscles so to speak, and allowed for more fibre recruitment.
>>
/Fit/ experiences with phenibut? Heard its great against anxiety.
>>
>>41881145
Both reduce inflammation, which is the mechanism by which the body heals. Ice does it by constricting vessels and ibuprofen is an NSAID, non steroidal anti inflammatory. Swelling a little is beneficial, but doing nothing is better than doing too much when combatting swelling, a little bit of RICE treatment if and when you feel muscle pain is best then nothing else.
>>
>>41885127
nutty
>>
>>41897003
Generally half of what men do
>>
File: file.png (471KB, 549x563px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
471KB, 549x563px
Are wrist curls a meme? Anybody actually done these and achieved results?
>>
>>41899049
ive bene doing them for two weeks and seeing results but probably nothing that would impress someone who isnt me so im not posting a before and after but yeah they do
>>
>>41883990
A: as little as possible whilst maintaining electrolyte balance.

A: not as much as people think, but some is better than none.
>>
>>41899049
Do them behind the back with a barbell or a cable machine your forearms will EXPLODE it's crazy how huge they feel with the pump
I've been doing them for the past couple of months and my forearms are noticeably larger
>>
>>41884553
Yes.
>>
>>41899085
>>41899125
Thanks!
>>
>>41888027
Start today and don't look back. You can't change the past but you can decide to take action now.

When you get food cravings, and you will, it's not healthy to suppress them permanently, but one thing I found helped me was to think about the food I wanted, then think would I rather have the food or would I rather be happy with myself.

Start cardio, do strength too for noon gains.
>>
Female here, 5'7, 152lbs. An avid lifter so I'm in a decent shape and familiar with exercise from weightlifting to sprinting. I'm going on a vacay 50 days from here, and my question is, what kind of calorie target should I take to maximize results before that? Is 1000kcal too radical for someone my size and activity levels?

Also should I alter my lifting schedule? Maybe do more cardio and keep lifting simple and focus on big compound lifts?
>>
>>41874046
I am fat and I want to lose weight. I'm in a boarding school which makes it quite hard to live healthy...
So my question is if it makes more sense to make my own rice, instead of going to lunch and dinner, or to drink protein shakes with a lot of kalories.
>>
>>41900648
How fat are you, exactly? Start cardio and calisthenics if you don't have access to a gym or weights. Become active, MOVE. The reason people become fat is due to inactivity and a caloric surplus. Skipping rope, sprints (if you're not healthy enough for sprints then walk, work up to jogging then running til you're healthy enough), and climbing hills or stairs will raise your metabolism and you will lose weight. Add in body weight exercises, push ups, pull ups, chin up, body weight squats the list is endless. If you become active enough you will begin to lose weight.
Thread posts: 274
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.