[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fits food budget

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (32KB, 473x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 473x311px
Iv decided after 4 years of being on a six figure salary that I am ready to put life first and just work a normal job that doesn't expect as much from me as my old job did. This has resulted in a massive pay cut but the lifestyle I have gained is worth it ten times over. For the first time in a long time however, Iv had to be mindful of what I spend on food. Iv allowed $20 a day on all food which for me has meant everything I eat is prepared at home, no more take out and eating at restaurants is now reserved for date nights with the gf. I'm doing ok so far, the gf eats what I eat and on the same budget so we normally go shopping every 2 days with an $80 budget to cover all meals (plus other basics like bathroom/kitchen stuff) for the next two.
Shopping list basically consists of
>eggs
>chicken breast
>pork and beef Mince
> brown rice
>whole meal pasta
>almond and/or peanut butter
>milk
>oats
>all fruit and veg that is reasonably priced

I was surprised at how well I was doing but I'm wondering if that's only because $20 per person a day is actually a ridiculous amount and you guys do it much tighter. I'm bulking and have to get 3100 cal

Share your budgets with me guys
>>
>>$20 per person a day
>>$140 per week
>>$600 per month
wew lad, for that price, you should be able to afford fresh salmon/tuna

Groceries list is typical /fit/ food, nothing wrong here, but that seems like a lot of money for such a list. I eat like you, and average spend is ~50$ per person per week.

Either you're shopping at Whole Foods in SF, or you and your gf go through a shitload of shampoo and aluminium foil
>>
>>41874222
Does the fact that I live in Australia make a difference? I couldn't imagine every stretching $50 to last a whole week
>>
>>41873842
If you wouldn't mind, could you tell us a bit more about the job situation, what caused you to change, what are the benefits now.

Wondering because I'm in a similar situation thingken about a similar change.
>>
>>41873842
>$80 every two days

what the fuck are you doing nigger?

i spend 80 bucks every two weeks. TWO WEEKS.
>>
>>41874475
oh you live in australia. carry on then.
>>
>>41874475
Yeah that makes a big difference. Things in America are much cheaper.
>>
>>41873842
>pork and beef Mince
why pork? if you're going to buy a non-beef mince, why not turkey or chicken?
For me, I spend probably about $40 a week on groceries. I'm not on a limited budget, that's just how much I spend. I buy all organic. I usually just go in and buy whatever looks good. Lean protein, vegetables (which are so cheap they're basically free), pasta, tomato sauce, a fresh loaf of whole grain bread, etc.
You probably shouldn't feel like you have to spend $140 per week.
>>
>>41874490
I was a regional manager for a hotel chain, wouldn't be uncommon for me to spend a week away from home at a time, working 14-16 hrs a day, sometimes only spending weekends with the gf 3 weeks in a month. Plus constantly on call, expected to answer emails within the same day even when im on day off or on holidays. All of that was just killing me, I'm 27 and spent 7 years working for this company,the first few years weren't too bad but once I got into a more demanding position I started to lose my social life. Ultimately, it just wasn't for me anymore, the house is mostly paid off, I'm in no other debt and just want to enjoy the rest of my 20's doing whatever the fuck I want in my spare time without wondering if my phones gonna ring and my day off will be interrupted by work. So I took the first job that would pay enough so that I'm not going backwards, it's just a retail job but honestly I don't mind right now, could always get back into management one day if I need to.
>>
>>41874544
Very rarely see turkey mince and I already over do it with chicken as it is
>>
>>41874561
>I already over do it with chicken as it is
Healthwise, its always better to substitute a lean protein like chicken for a fatty protein like pork. If you're just saying you don't want to eat chicken all week because you'll get sick of it, I'd say that chicken spaghetti disguises the taste of ground chicken very well.
>>
>>41874573
Yeah, I just mean that I don't wanna eat chicken every night but I do get what your saying. I'll pick some up next time and see what I can come up with. Both the gf and me are good cooks so shouldn't be too difficult I guess
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.