[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Personal Trainers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 475511524.jpg (1MB, 2125x1417px) Image search: [Google]
475511524.jpg
1MB, 2125x1417px
What's /fit/'s thoughts on personal trainers? Are they a meme or do they actually help you improve your form and make better gains? I don't have any gym bros that are helpful.
>>
Waste of money. Make some friends. Failing that just look up form vids on the internet. Athleanx, candito, Jeff nippard are all good
>>
>>41870146
depends, if youre totally new they can help you get good form. After that you shouldnt need them
>>
>>41871584
not OP but i have been lurking here and you seem to have answered question for me. I do little exercising at home and have avoided going to gym because i have no experience with forms or equipment and don't want to snap my shit or embarrass myself. At home i just do situps,pushups, and bunch of shit with pullup door mount. Is it expensive to get a personal trainer?
>>
Some trainers suck some are good, find one that has a background in powerlifting or something so they can teach you good form.
>>
90% of personal trainers don't know a thing about good form on compound lifts. They are good to build a machine program for a 65 year old retiree, but won't help you become fuckin zyzz brah. That said, a legitimate strength coach can help anyone from beginner to advanced improve immensely.

Better off imo to learn through the Internet.
>>
>>41870146
They arent needed at all. Just do some fucking research on the internet for good routines that match your goals. As for diet, just do TDEE - 500 if you want to lose weight, TDEE + 500 if you want to gain weight.
>>
>>41871631
it really depends on the gym, if you could find an experienced friend you may not even need one
>>
>>41871631
watch youtube for form and more importantly, practice. PTs are neither coaches nor experts; they are salesmen, and the sooner you realize this the better. they're literally never worth the money.
>>
>>41870183
fuck that gay shit use EXRX
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.