[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /fit/ ive been training and eating clean foe about 6 months.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1495225082550.png (478KB, 613x1362px) Image search: [Google]
1495225082550.png
478KB, 613x1362px
So /fit/ ive been training and eating clean foe about 6 months. Lost a ton of weight and gained a bit of muscle. However I cant find the motivation to keep going to the gym anymore.

I still eat clean but now that i actually have a more socially and academically active life the gym just burns me out. Any tips?
>>
Start roiding and get bigger gains while working out less time
>>
>>41868693
just repeat the ronnie mantra

nothing to it but to do it
>>
>>41868693
If you need energy: eat more. You can eat 1000 calories clean or 3000 calories clean, just depends what your goal is. If you're constantly sluggish, you may be in too deep a cut
If you need motivation: not always gonna be motivation good buddy. Just remember you're working towards a goal. Failing that, 300mg of caffeine and some death metal should do it as a short-term fix
>>
Can I replace the tuna with something else? I have a genuine hate of fish and seafood
>>
>>41868842
OP here. Chicken and steak does the trick

>>41868770
I still would like to be leaner. Should I eat at maitance or just cut less?
>>
>>41868998
Ground beef not steak, cobfused the words
>>
>>41868719
Obligatory loser response.

>>41868770
Do not listen to this garbage advice.

I am so fucking sick of people giving the advice "U NEED TO EET MOAR" for everything everybody asks. You're seriously recommending this dude eats 3000 calories a fucking day? He's going to undo 6 months of progress. Seriously, half of the problem for the majority of people on fit is that they're eating too much or simply eating the wrong things. Most of the people posting here don't have the discipline to stop eating junk food or regulate their calories, so they go for this "build" that just so happens to come with a huge fucking beer belly and tits. I don't care how much you lift, if you're overweight it's still not healthy for you. People can shout their memes "LAWL MUH SKELLY DYEL SPOTTED OLOL" like a bunch of children, but odds are that not everybody who logs into this forum is trying to get huge fucking swole Arnold steroids mode.

No fuckhead, OP doesn't necessarily need to "eat more" just because he has an active social life and is going to school. It's amazing that he's balancing all three - he should feel tired at the end of the day.

>>41868693
First of all, congrats on making it that long and taking changes in your life.

The main advice I'd give you is that, if you need motivation, you won't be able to do this for the long term. Discipline is best. I've found that getting up early and getting to bed early are usually the most helpful for getting energy. How many hours of sleep are you getting a night?
>>
>>41869570
I usually get arround 8 to 9 hours. But sometimes go out on week days or have the ocational saturday exam an get about 5 hours
>>
>>41869638

Believe it or not, those 5 hour nights could be part of the problem.

But yeah, if you're not getting up before your alarm goes off, that's pretty much a sign you're not getting enough sleep.

Again, balancing gym, academics, and an active social life should make you tired at the end of the day.
>>
>>41869715
It is rarley the case I get so few hours. Maybe 3 or 4 times a month.

However I am tired before my morning cofee. Is it possible I need more sleep and that its affecting my motivation (or gain)?
>>
File: sobe.jpg (51KB, 304x405px) Image search: [Google]
sobe.jpg
51KB, 304x405px
>>41869761

I would venture to guess yes. I'm personally pretty against coffee / caffeine (but that's just me), because you're artificially making your body think its' more "awake" than it really is (possibly part of the problem). In fact, depending on how much coffee you're drinking, you'll probably experience headaches and become super tired if you quit cold turkey.

But another thing that might help your original problem would be to set fitness goals. Losing x lbs, doing x on bench, running x distance in y time, etc. Usually when I have a goal to work towards it keeps me going.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.