[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that standing for long periods is really bad too?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I know that sitting is really bad for you, but I also heard that standing for long periods, like being a cashier or some sort of receptionist, is bad too. I have trouble believing that
>>
Only if you're static and don't walk around
>>
>>41867540

Of course it is.
>>
Its bad for posture if you don't be careful.

I worked as a cashier for a few years, and it can cause bad posture habits when trying to stay comfortable and pain free.

A good way to combat it is to stand with knees unlocked slightly for a few minutes every half hour.
And of course try and walk around as much as possible.
Also work on mobility so you can sit into a third world squat when you get chance.
The human body evolved to be able to sit comfortably in a squat, modern life has taken that from us and it shows in the amount of posture problems people have.
>>
> The human body evolved to be able to sit comfortably in a squat
no it didn't they sat on rocks, leaned up against trees, laid down, stood, etc. squat is no panacea and there's no proof 3rd world countries aren't suffering from hideous conditions from it.
>>
Standing is literally the worst
>>
File: Varicose-veins.jpg (46KB, 768x593px) Image search: [Google]
Varicose-veins.jpg
46KB, 768x593px
Standing for long periods of time can give you varicose veins. This is why it's so common with nurses because they almost never have the time to sit down.
>>
>>41869962>>41867578>>41867553
So would walking in place or doing jumping jacks every 30 minutes be enough as a preventative measure?

Still better than sitting though right?
>>
Standing desks are a meme, you should be slav squatting at your desk
>>
>>41869975
who taught you how to quote
>>
>>41869962
Just run a cutter across that balloons,
Hmmm.... yeah and pop those babies out
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.