/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I get a bro to lift?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1497541296414.jpg (17KB, 466x349px) Image search: [Google]
1497541296414.jpg
17KB, 466x349px
How do I get a friend to lift and into a more positive mindset? I dont wanna ask in /adv/ since they're full of cucks and women.

The guy was a total baller when he was a teenager, but then he failed his college degree and now at 26 he is getting fatter and fatter, and is becoming more and more of a social recluse. How do I start him on a path to making it without being condescending or sounding like an ass?

>pic related, its his current mindset
>>
File: 1497154078211.png (144KB, 500x577px) Image search: [Google]
1497154078211.png
144KB, 500x577px
This unironically
>>
>>41866705
>How do I start him on a path to making it without being condescending or sounding like an ass?
ask him to hang out and take him to the gym, then tell him he's a fat fuck over brunch and to download myfitnesspal and to set hit activity level to minimum.

men need assholes in their lives. be his asshole anon.
>>
>>41866735
>but then he failed his college degree and now at 26 he is getting fatter and fatter, and is becoming more and more of a social recluse
to add to this he might be /depression/ and it would be a good idea to think about SSRIs
>>
>>41866705
Tell him that your roiding and his fattness is increasing his estrogen levels and also making him sweat, giving off feminine hormones that are making you want to dominate his cushy ass sexually. Do this with hungry eyes and occassionally, subtly bite your lip at him.
>>
>>41866723
>>41866735

i dont think tough love is the way to go, he's that ultra-nice guy that everyone likes in my social circle. I mean I can banter with him but past a certain point I think he'll just retreat even more.

>>41866742
Man fuck, wouldnt even know how to bring that up
>>
>>41866813
>Man fuck, wouldnt even know how to bring that up
AYO BOY YOU FINKIN BOUT SUICIDE LATELY? CUZ YOU FAT.
>>
>>41866813
>i dont think tough love is the way to go
That's why gym and brunch.
good cop bad cop with only one cop
>>
>>41866705
The first step would be to get his education / job situation under control, no?
Work is the best anti depressant and not having proper educating is probably a huge self confidence killer.

What did he do after he failed his college education?
>>
>>41866884

he started looking for a job, but hasnt had any luck. still living with his parents, havent had a >gf since highschool.
>>
>>41866937
That's most likely the major reason for his condition.
This is the first thing he needs to get in check, he needs to apply for university / apprenticeship ASAP.
Meaning within this week.
>>
>>41866981

ah okay, I assumed lifting would motivate him to do well in other areas of his life, but maybe the job situation is more important..
>>
>>41867072
>but maybe the job situation is more important..
yes, failing out of college and living with parents can spark up depression very easily, which is why I suggest you talk to him about SSRIs
>but dey make me a zambee
they're not supposed to, if they do, you're on the wrong SSRIs and should switch.
>>
Man, I tried everything I could with my fat friend.
>tough love
>hard truths
>super positive you can do it shit
>let's go together
>bro phrases here and there about how he's a cool dude and shouldn't bring himself down
>back to truths
>back to encouraging him
>leaving him alone
>not leaving him alone
In the end it's almost like he enjoys living like that, and we all in the group are tired of it. It's sad because you don't want to see them like that, but no one can do for him what he isn't willing to do himself.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.