[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ectomorph Hard-Gainer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Okay, /fit/.

I can't seem to get a concrete answer to this.

To gain lean muscle, should I have a calorie deficit or surplus?

I'm 5'8", about 127 lbs, and I've been doing calisthenics fairly hard for a little over a year. While I've definitely gained muscle (I was extremely weak when I started), I want to go further - I find myself at somewhat of a plateau at the moment.

Right now I'm eating about 2500 calories a day (and not gaining weight, probably due to my ridiculous metabolism and profession). Should I eat more to help gain more muscle? Or should I eat less so the muscle I do have shows better? It seems everyone I ask tells me something different.

I don't want to gain bulk, I just want to look lean and muscular, something like Chris Heria or Brad Pitt in Fight Club. Something along those lines.

Thanks.
>>
>>41866407
Think about this logically anon.
You want to gain mass, so where would that mass come from?
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>41866407
>Ectomorph Hard-Gainer
>To gain lean muscle, should I have a calorie deficit or surplus?
>5'8"
>calisthenics
> not gaining weight, probably due to my ridiculous metabolism
>127 lbs ... Should I eat less so the muscle I do have shows better?
> I want to look like Brad Pitt in Fight Club
Kek
10/10
>>
>>41866450

I don't know. I see guys who are lean as fuck but swear by calorie deficits. Others push for eating more to fuel muscle.
>>
>>41866493
Steroids
>>
>>41866493
If you can't figure out the most basic rule of lifting without others spoon feeding you, you don't deserve an answer
>tfw fell for the underage b&
>>
>>41866407
>I can't seem to get a concrete answer to this.
>To gain lean muscle, should I have a calorie deficit or surplus?
Just fucking shoot yourself man.
I dunno when you peaked but you must have been going downhill for years to get this low.
Just give up the struggle now.
>>
Just eat more meats, vegetables, beans, nutz..a lot more. Don't use this "bulking" as an excuse to eat like a fucking pig like some people on here.
>>
As a former Skelly "ectomorph lanklet" or whatever fancy name they call us twig people, I believe I can help you.

in 2015, I started my lifting journey. I was fed up getting no attention from females and no respect from males (of course, I weighed 56kg at a height of 1.8 m)

What I did was starting strength 5x5 for 6 months or so, then switched to PPL. For diet, I ate plenty of eggs, chicken, milk, nuts, oats and rice. I don't count calories but as I was Super skinny I used to force feed. I don't force feed anymore because I have a big appetite from lifting and being active. I am 72 kg now. the first few months are the hardest because you have to force feed, to get your body accustomed to eating huge. Hope this helps
>>
I want to weight myself but don't have a machine is there and app I can stand with
>>
>>41866407
>ectomorph
Kys
>>
>>41866407
>t. 16 yr old faggot
>>
>>41866992
What I used to do was, eat a huge plate of rice (I'm Asian), a portion of protein (5 egg whites/a chicken breast/a cut of red meat), and some vegetables. To wash it down i'd drink a milkshake of peanut butter and oat flour blended into milk. Training hard and eating big is the only way OP. And yes, if you're wondering, people do treat you better when you're physically in great condition. (I get bitches and respect from other guys)
>>
AthleanX says start focusing on healthy food. Then once you adapt then worry about calories.

I think this is where the deficit meme comes from.

It worked for me. 30 lbs over 5 months. Just eat all the time but not shitty food.

I swear my body was rejecting the shitty food. I would eat so much junk and gain nothing.
>>
>>41866407
This is gonna sound ridiculous, but as a former skelly, the best advice I got was from Richie Piano

>U gotta eat big to get big now c'mon
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.