[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dieting for muscle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1497871886235.jpg (53KB, 600x661px) Image search: [Google]
1497871886235.jpg
53KB, 600x661px
How do I gain muscle if I hate the taste of protein? And I don't mean just protein powder (which tastes awful to me btw), I also hate eggs and milk.

Meat is better, but I'm picky about it, so I can't be eating higher quality meat all the time since I have no money for that. And yeah I unironically love tofu, fruits, spinach, broccoli, corn, etc.

I've also started lifting but I'm also getting bored of how repetitive it feels. Which is weird because running is also repetitive but I love it.

I don't really need vanity muscle, I'm going more for actual strength.

Advice that goes "no too bad, suck it up and eat eggs/meat/dairy, there's no other way" is good too thanks
>>
>>41865498
looks like your going to be stuck eating chicken and fish OP
>>
>>41865511
yeahh i hate chicken. Beef is good when done right but of course then it's expensive.

Good point that I could just gorge myself on fish. Of course, fish has the least protein of all meats, but whatever.
>>
>>41865498
>start
Learn to season better. Learn other cooking techniques.
>>
>>41865498
Funny, because you just answered your own thread with your pic attached
>>
>>41865498

Try not being an autist and eat like a normal person.
>>
>>41865498
I have no sympathy for picky eaters T B Q H
Did your mom never force you to try new foods?
>>
>>41865689
My mom didn't have a problem with that, because I'm not the kind of person who throws a fuss when someone tells me to eat something. If someone tells me to eat an egg, I'll eat it, and one egg is fine. But I don't love the taste of it so much that I can voluntarily eat like 3 a day. Same goes for a glass of milk, I'll drink it if someone makes me but I'm a lil bitch who can't do it daily of my own initiative.

Anyway, even assuming dieting is settled, how do you personally not get bored when lifting?
>>
>>41865498
>Advice that goes "no too bad, suck it up and eat eggs/meat/dairy, there's no other way" is good too thanks

No too bad, suck it up and eat eggs/meat/dairy, there's no other way.

Just eat ground beef and chicken breast wtf is wrong with you.

Have protein powder with water. You need to stop treating food like some sort of pleasure, and realize that it's fuel to sustain your body.

And as you try new things and become more open to new tastes, you'll get used to these new flavors and adjust.

I hated vegetables when I was a kid, my dad jammed broccoli into my mouth and held my mouth shut, I threw up everywhere and lived off bread for 10 years. Shit fucked me up and only now am I actually willing to try anything remotely different to what I'm used to.

I ate seafood for the first time in 20 years a couple of months ago.

/coolstory
>>
>>41865760
I used to like vanilla, but when I made myelf have vanilla protein powder with water daily, I ended up hating both protein powder and that fake vanilla flavor itself. I stopped because I kept wanting to puke. While I used to like vanilla eclairs and whatnot, now I can't have them anymore without feeling nauseous. Of course that's no loss because those are unhealthy anyway.

But yeah your story sounds way worse and yet you're getting over it, so I do have less of an excuse.

What brand of protein powder do you take, anon?
>>
>>41865732
>1 egg is fine
>1 egg

You'll never make it
>>
>>41865732
I listen to music or podcasts and daydream about what I'm going to do with my GAINZ
>>
>>41865812
Yeah I can see that, I don't think I could do Vanilla either.

I'd go with chocolate and mix in a small amount of hemp seeds or chocolate chips or something, spice it up a lil. I'm an ausfag so I use bulk nutrients whey, not sure if they ship internationally but they're cheap and they taste good/great even.

My story sounds a lot worse when I write it out - my Dad was a very angry man growing up but a brain tumor weirdly sorted him out - he is my best mate.

Honestly just try changing it up a bit. Chicken breast and ground beef is very flexible meat you can buy, and if you get a variety of sauces/spices etc you'll be eating a new meal every day for weeks.

And regarding "I'm getting bored of how repetitive lifting is", you shouldn't be getting bored if you're making progress. I love running too (that's a new thing for me) but nothing makes me feel better than just smashing out my next linear progression/PR.

Have faith anon, try new things and challenge yourself a bit more.
>>
Never gonna make it
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.