[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fat/ "wojacks only" edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 32

File: 1497177613276.jpg (395KB, 1238x2174px) Image search: [Google]
1497177613276.jpg
395KB, 1238x2174px
Previous thread
>>41854701

>Who is /fat/ for?
Fat members of /fit/ who want to lose weight

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
http://fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Discord
https://discord dot gg/tECCTD
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
https://www.myfitnesspal.com/
>>
First to say stop forcing your shitty discord server
>>
Anyone else feel like their taste buds are changing? I was offered a home baked cookie and since I was within calories, I took it. It was the weirdest unsatisfying taste I've had and felt bitter I wasted calories on this
>>
>>41864399
either gained four pounds (down to a pound and a half) this weekend from substantial eating and drinking of booze, however I don't think I had THAT much to eat since I was still watching what I was eating the whole time and only got blitzed one night. 100% out of ketosis but could it be more than waterweight? Could I be eating at enough of a deficit to slow my metabolism (1500-2000 cal.deficit) and thus actually gain when I exceed my TDEE?
>>
>>41864467
Yeah, I had some pastry the other day trying to be polite and it tasted bad. It was too sweet with the strawberry jam and the bread just tasted like nothing. I don't really feel like I'm missing much anymore.

Sometimes I get a taste for chocolate things, but if I eat too much it makes me sick.
>>
File: thick.png (671KB, 867x1185px) Image search: [Google]
thick.png
671KB, 867x1185px
>>
>>41864489
Whenever I binge I end up weighing a bunch more. It's the carbs and salt causing you to hold water. To find your weight weigh yourself every day, first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything and after your morning piss, then take the average for the week. Don't pay too much attention to the individual weigh ins.
>>
>>41864467
Something similar. I cut out a lot of dairy and whenever I have a bit of ice cream or some shit like that, my stomach and bowels punish me these days.

Back when I started, before the dieting and weight loss, I was fine with dairy. Now my body struggles to process it.
>>
>>41864494

BIG BUFF CHEETO PUFF
>>
File: maybe-a-mealcuck.jpg (39KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
maybe-a-mealcuck.jpg
39KB, 550x535px
There are mealcucks lurking in this thread RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>41864508
Thanks, m8. Really hoping it's only water weight so I don't lose a whole week of progress.
>>
>>41864467
Yeah. Haven't had chocolate in 3-4 months. Took one bit and it felt like I was riding the rainbow
>>
>>41864422
OP here, I didnt include it for that reason. we have a thread here for talking not a discord server. discord will only encourage tripfags.
>>
>>41864399
It's Wojak you newfaggot.
>>
>>41864554
You won't. Regarding your metabolism, I'd recommend integrating some days where you skip breakfast at least to improve your insulin sensitivity, that way when you do have carbs your body will react to them better.
>>
>>41864585
Not him, but do you have any other tips to improve insulin sensitivity? I take it skipping meals is one way.
>>
Should I get whey or casein? I'm not working out but I wanna get protons and also feel full. Whey is decent but it doesn't satiate me.
>>
>>41864636
proatmeal
oatmeal with protein mixed in.
satiating, filled with protons, tasty.
>>
>>41864608
Insulin resistance is a reaction against excessive insulin, so basically you just want to spike your insulin levels less. That can be from having some fasted periods, reducing sugar consumption, avoiding simple carbs when you do eat carbs, having meals that are free from carbohydrates (protein also raises insulin, but not nearly as much). It's about getting your body used to switching from burning glucose over to burning from your fat stores. Reducing snacks can also help, eat meals that are big enough to get you to your next one. Increase the span between meals.

It doesn't have to be a black and white thing where you have to be in ketosis all the time, just watching your sugar intake helps. The easiest and most effective thing to do is some intermittent fasting.
>>
I know there are probably some /fat/ties who are pre-diabetic or diabetic. Like people discussed earlier, keto is a great way of stopping insulin spikes. Even with insulin pills/shots, having high blood sugar all the time destroys your body.
>>
File: 1495680233249.jpg (62KB, 667x798px) Image search: [Google]
1495680233249.jpg
62KB, 667x798px
>>41864805
Treating insulin resistance with more insulin makes little sense to me. I'm sure doctors do this for a reason, but, it escapes me why they wouldn't just tell people to intermittent fast, do keto diet, or at least avoid sugar?

If diabetes is like a heroin addict who has tolerance, only instead of opiates it is too insulin, then raising the dose is the same as raising a heroin dose, right? Wouldn't it just make you more insulin resistant and make the cycle even worse? Then by being insulin resistant, you'd get fatter, which would then further promote the bad cycle?
>>
If you're cutting and not doing keto, you're wasting a lot of time. The fatter you are, the better it works. Come join us in the rejection of carbohydrates today! What are you waiting for?
>>
>>41864855
I don't know if insulin dosages make you more insulin resistant, since it has to do with fucked up pancreas. I think the goal is the stabilize your sugar levels for a while until they drop. Doctors always used to prescribe really carby foods like bread, rice, pasta, and not to do keto, but I think it's had an awful effect on the health of many diabetics. Basically you just up the dosage and keep eating a bunch of sugar that doesn't get absorbed, so it flows around your bloodstream, little tiny shards that tear up your nerves, eyes, and veins, slowly killing your from the inside. Most doctors now recommend keto, and some recommend fasting.
>>
>>41864860

It's too much of a bother.
>>
>>41864860
>ketosis raises your metabolism, burning fat quicker.
give me a source on that champ.
>>
It is literally impossible to cut when your mom keeps bringing home fast food everyday. I know some people just say "just don't eat it" but I don't want her to feel like she wasted her money. Every time I try to eat healthy she just says I will burn it off at the gym. Is there anyway around this bros? Been stuck at 230 since May
>>
>>41864855
Most humans are mentally weak and only the minority of people changes their lifestyle significantly when they learn that they are sick. The doctor has no other choice but to describe things that will help with the current lifestyle.
>>
>>41864924
kill her
>>
What keto is: a good way of lowering empty calories, making some people more energetic, introducing more dietary fat into your system, and treating diabetes
What keto is not: some ultimate metabolism booster that makes you burn calories a lot quicker or more effectively.
>>
>>41864924
>I know some people just say "just don't eat it" but I don't want her to feel like she wasted her money
If you don't eat it, she'll stop buying it.
>>
>>41864860
Literally no scientific evidence. All advantages of keto are rooted in zero sugar and not carbs generally.
>>
>wandering around town
>corner shop
>yoghurt coated peanuts
>"hmm, both of those are healthy"
>munch on half the bag
>get home
>kcal per 100g: 498
>this bag: 175g
fuck.
>>
>>41864941
Not him but my mom is obese and she cooks a lot of food and she tries guilting you into eating it. One of the reasons my entire family was obese at one point. Everyone except her are losing weight now. When delusional hams see you making healthy choices they feel guilty.
>>
>>41864897
I guess what doesn't make sense to me is that if insulin resistance is diabetes, then adding more insulin I'd think would just make it worse. Again, not trying to play doctor and I'm way over my head, but, seems counter intuitive to me. It's like "well your body can't get an affect from insulin in normal doses anymore because you are too tolerant to it, so we're going to mega dose you!" Seems like that would work, until the body just builds up more resistance and then you have to increase the insulin dose to keep up. What a terrible cycle. Maybe it doesn't work like that?

Recommending keto and fasting does make sense. I have a coworker with diabetes I always want to bring that up to, but, it feels out of place/rude/invasive.
>>
>>41864943
Aren't carbs basically sugar? Doesn't it all break down into glucose?
>>
File: 1426523293331.jpg (56KB, 416x430px) Image search: [Google]
1426523293331.jpg
56KB, 416x430px
>>41864956

>"""yoghurt"""
>peanuts

anon, please
>>
>>41864958
It's not that you're insulin tolerant really I think, it's that your pancreas get so overworked they shut down and stop producing insulin effectively. Don't quote me on that though.
>>
>>41864956
You have to assume the worst with anything you haven't made yourself.
>>
>>41864957
>When delusional hams see you making healthy choices they feel guilty.
yes, and then you don't break under their manipulative horseshit and they do what ever they were going to do anyway.

t. man with a manipulative mother
>>
>>41864898

You should already be tracking calories, just track carbs as well and you're more than halfway there!

>>41864902

Large specimens have more glycogen stored in their fatty livers and thus are more prone to fast water weight losses which will motivate them to continue a strict diet. Less blood glucose swings can fight off cravings also increasing motivation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/
>>
>>41864924
>"son here I brought you five double quarter pounder with cheese to tide you over until dinner"
>'no'

Seriously just give her an honest talk and tell her which of her behaviors are not helping you.
>>
>>41864924
be firm with you words and actions. she will waste money 3 times then she will stop. if she wants to treat you to something good let it be something more healthy like some expensive fruit of veg. or at least the healthy option at that fast food place. but learn to grow and say no.
>>
>>41864968
Ah okay.
>>
>>41864962
Glucose is literally the only sugar you absolutely need to the point that if you don't take in glucose your body will produce it itself. It's fructose and sucrose and all the other shitty sugars that are just there to fuck your shit up.
>>
>>41864974
>water weight losses which will motivate them to continue a strict diet. Less blood glucose swings can fight off cravings also increasing motivation.

>it motivates you because you retain less water
that doesn't make you lose fat quicker.
keto does nothing that a non-low carb diet doesn't, except help insulin sensitivity.

which doesn't matter unless you're pre-diabetic.
>>
>>41864957
>>41864973
iktf. Just have to stand your ground.

I have a bmi of 21 and my dad tells me I'm too thin. I'm thin, yes, but bmi of 21 isn't exactly underweight either.
>>
>>41864973
My mum's been on my case for a few weeks now
>anon you're looking very gaunt
>anon I can see the veins on your wrist
>anon what have you eaten today?
>anon do you not think you're taking it too far?

She never once mentioned my weight when I was pushing 22 stone.
So she's fine with me dying of heart disease but being a healthy weight is where she draws the line.

She pisses me off sometimes.
>>
>>41864924
>I don't want her to feel like she wasted her money.

But she did. You should want her to feel like she did what she actually did. Which was waste her money. It's bad for both of you to try to adapt to her mistake in this sneaky, passive way (by eating the food).

Don't eat the food, and tell her that you aren't going to eat the food, and if she says you will burn it off then tell her you won't burn it off because you aren't even going to eat it. If you think you'll feel badly about this then do it nicely and use "I statements" and be gentle and stuff. If you do it and still feel badly then just accept that you feel badly.

If you can't handle any of the above, then try instead the ultimate passive solution, the one that (unlike your solution of eating the food) actually works: murder-suicide. (This is an active solution, in a sense, but it's passive in the important sense: It does not require you to open your mouth and say how you are feeling, which of course is much harder for us adult babyboys than choking somebody to death in the middle of the night.)
>>
>>41865003
I'm almost 6 foot tall (like a quarter inch short), 249 lbs. I don't have a lot of muscle and I thinik I could drop down at least 155 lbs. It's frustrating when everyone you now keeps telling you to stop at like 180-190 lbs and how a bmi under 25 is basically starving.
>>
>>41865012

Tell her if she doesn't stop feeding you garbage you won't be able to jump out of the way when Mohammed drives another truck on the sidewalk.
>>
>>41865027
I'm northern
it's the nail bombs I gotta watch out for
>>
>>41865012
>>anon you're looking very gaunt
that happens when you first start losing weight
>>anon I can see the veins on your wrist
you're supposed to
>>anon what have you eaten today?
food that fits my tdee
>>anon do you not think you're taking it too far?
too far is below 5% body fat (for males) which can make you sick. I guarantee you're not at 5% body fat.

just respond knowledgeably to all of her questions and go on the counter attack and tell her you'd like her to be able to see her grandkids.
>>
>>41865012

My mom worked in a medical lab; she actually always used to compliment my visible veins, because she appreciated how much easier they made the job of drawing blood from people.

You need a better mom I guess is what I'm saying
>>
>>41865055
>sick vascularity honey, lookin ripped.
>>
I don't hate my parents for raising me with awful eating habits. They grew up when you were supposed to clean your plate and I guess they wanted to make sure I always had enough food to eat. Just gotta unlearn it now and not pass it onto my kids if I have any.
>>
>>41865055
oh yeah I was in hospital earlier this year, 50lbs heavier than I am now
needed a GA and the anaesthetist had to whack my hand for a good 5 minutes before she could place the canula
>>
>>41864974

Not eating carbs in itself doesn't bother me that much, it's the ketosis thing that's going to annoy me. That, and the fact that I can't look down on keto people anymore.
>>
>>41865067
Parents are just that generation where anecdotal evidence is the primary source of knowledge.
>>
>>41865091

And that dietary guidelines flip-flopped every other year while the food companies started buying out the (((sciencetists)))
>>
>>41865091
So true. I'll have spirited debates with my stepfather over things like demographic shifts, immigration policies, and welfare and most of his arguments are based on anecdotes.
>>
File: ulvnyk8xmjcy.jpg (45KB, 570x487px) Image search: [Google]
ulvnyk8xmjcy.jpg
45KB, 570x487px
I may just be delusional but I think my abs are starting to poke through
fucking hell lads, I could be just months away
>>
Type 2 beetus here.

Is there any proof that ketosis can put T2 into remission?

My doctor seems reluctant to believe that i can get off the medications he's put me on. I've lost about 11kg since my diagnosis 3 months ago.

I was interested in trying an 800 Cal diet which is also supposed to lead to quick remission, but he cautioned very strongly against it and suggested 1200cal instead.
>>
>>41865082
>I think something I have never tried before is gonna be annoying wahh

What do you have to lose? You're already posting in a sad fat wojak support thread in a Moroccan fingertrap making symposium. Your life is already at rock bottom. Try keto today!
>>
>>41864924
How about "Just not eating it" or getting less and low cal items, fat fuck?
Stop making excuses. I was 16 and lost over 100 pounds while my family just got fatter over the years
You're either a fat ass making excuses or don't have the balls to tell your parents "no', you fat pussy
>>
>>41865153
Congratulations anon.
>>41865141
Same here. My dad's at least 30 IQ higher than me but people above 40 can't use statistics or arguments.
>>
>>41865131
This is still a big problem that is affecting even us. There are so many studies out there and most of them are shit and are spreading misinformation. Remember that only 15% of our current knowledge is based on actual hard science facts. The information age comes at the price of so much information that it's hard to filter and find the correct stuff.
>>
>>41865159
https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/67uf9l/well_its_official_folks_ten_months_of_keto_and_i/
anecdotal i know but still
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/more-eggs-please-cholesterol-is-ok-now-f0drthmtqh3
https://blog.csiro.au/managing-type-2-diabetes-how-low-carb-diets-can-help/
It's pretty simple. Losing weight helps with diabetes, keto helps a lot of people lose weight. Eating less sugar makes you spike less. A lot of people can significantly reduce their insulin dosage, and a few (after losing a significant amount of weight excercising, and eating healthy) go without insulin completely. Good luck anon. Excercise is also good, it lowers youd blood sugar.
>>
>>41865183

Yep. The meme of the week is that coconut oil is now as bad for you as trans fats. Yet it's been hailed as the savior of people hearts for years now. I hate the fucking sciency clickbait shocking headline meme.
>>
>>41864399
Can anyone recommend an artifical sweetener?
>>
>>41865232
stevia, minus the ricin
>>
>>41865232
Saccharin, stevia. You can grow the stevia plant at home easily. Just grab some leaves, cut them, and put them in tea or whatever.
>>
>>41865223
Personally I love the "this will increase cancer rates" meme although it's absolutely impossible to actually test those suggestions seeing how you would need to isolate a group of people and mainly give them the stuff that would increase the cancer which is impossible to do with current moral standards.
>>
File: 1497312947442.png (146KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1497312947442.png
146KB, 1100x1100px
>>41864399
>There are people in this thread RIGHT NOW that eat

never gonna make it
>>
>>41865232

Swerve is my favorite. It's stevia and erythritol so it doesn't have as much of the nasty aftertaste artificial sweeteners have.
>>
>>41865251
>>41865247
Thanks, though I'll buy some powdered stevia. I just need some sweet in my tea or the cravings will get me.
>>
I've rediscovered a love for sandwhiches. They make for great on the run food.
>>
>>41865292
My friend who drinks a lot of coffee doesn't like stevia and only uses saccharin. I'd recommend giving that a try as well. I use a mix of cyclamate and saccharin myself, but I prefer stevia.
>>
hey /fat/ I have a question

is it possible to cut too many calories? currently cutting on 1500 calories and working a lot but i'm not losing weight. What gives?
>>
>>41865319
>cutting on 1500 calories
for all we know that's your TDEE
what's your weight and height m80?
>>
>>41865319
Water weight plateaus, losing less weight as you shrink. Things like that. If you keep at it you should lose normally in a few weeks at most.
>>
>>41865332
>>41865338
These. Give us more info but the go to is water weight. I stopped taking my medication for my pneumonia and I've lost about 2kg in the last 4days; most likely all water weight from bloating
>>
who else stuck at 200 here? :(
>>
>>41865332
What kind of spoopy skellington would have a TDEE of 1500?
>>
>>41865364
Start lifting.
>>
>>41865364
Plateau between 214-218 for nearly a fuckin month

then suddenly I was consistently a bit below 210

So close to the 200 mark. Soooo close...
>>
>>41865378
I am :(

I look better than I ever have in my life
>>
>>41865159
Read everything by Dr. Jason Fung. Books and website.
https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/reverse-type-2-diabetes-the-quick-start-guide/

Watch videos with him too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Aw0P7GjHE

A lot of it is repetitive but since it is all free (can steal the book in torrent form), just grab it all.
>>
>>41865389
Are you building muscle? Might be it.
>>
>>41865373
A 5'2" 45kg woman has a TDEE of 1460
>>41865364
Plateaus are the worst man; stay strong and push through! <3
>>41865384
It's a great feeling man, sub 200 is when you start regaining your humanity; you will make it man, you will look like a human once again! I believe in you <3
>>
>>41865407
http://b-ok.org/s/?q=Jason+Fung&yearFrom=&yearTo=&language=&extension=&t=0
not him but you can download pdf's here of pretty much anything
>>
File: IMAG0911 (Large).jpg (83KB, 608x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0911 (Large).jpg
83KB, 608x1080px
>>
File: 1496694663060.png (482KB, 1737x967px) Image search: [Google]
1496694663060.png
482KB, 1737x967px
>>41865159
Dude, I was diagnosed with Type 2 two years ago when I was rushed to the emergency room due to acidic ketoacidosis. Almost died.

You don't necessarily need ketosis. Dieting and exercise will do the trick for you. It's been a year, and my blood sugar has been blood stable around the clock. As long as I keep up this lifestyle, which I've adapted into comfortably, I can safely say that I've defeated type 2.

Just wanted to let you know, that even with ketosis, losing weight and being healthier will do the trick. Good luck anon, it's fully possible! Don't listen to the doctor kikes, they want you on insulin and metformin, and they want you coming back. But you can cure it on your own.
>>
>>41865449
Doctors teach you stuff they learned back in med school in the 80s. People don't adapt with new information really. Diabetic treatment is getting better but a lot of people are still stuck doing the same thing they've been doing their whole career. Surprised they don't drink diabetic pee still to check for sugar.
>>
took about 9 months to get from 35-25%bf, then it just felt like a few weeks between 25 and 21
is there a progress curve, so to speak?
>>
Has anyone got any meal plans that I could follow? I am just kinda eating foods and using MFP which says I am staying under 1500 cals, but this is just an estimate as the meals I eat aren't overly healthy, (although I do put it in accurately into MFP somehow it says I am still under 1500cals, which doesn't seem right).
>>
>>41865487
My father is diabetic (type 1) and has been since he was 14 and fell out of a tree, breaking both arms and a leg. He is so set on needle injections that I can't even get him to consider alternate methods. I really want to help him, and I'm super excited for the trials coming that could potentially reverse type 1 diabetes by "kick starting" the pancreas but he won't have any of it :(
>>
>>41865509
The more you work out, the more muscle you develop, the more muscle, the higher your TDEE due to muscle requiring more to maintain than fat.
>>
>>41865303
>eating bread
enjoy no gainz
>>
>>41865522
he won't even try IF or keto diet? I imagine he'd need to do it with a doctor overseeing it in case he needs to lower his insulin as it gets better.
>>
>>41865531
probably true, but I've not been working out
>>
Should I incorporate jerking off into my workout

I'm serious
>>
So how do yall handle food pushers at work? My job is nice and all but there is a guy who pushes cakes on all of us.
>old black guy has a wife who owns a bakery
>brings in cookies and cakes sometimes homemade bread like sourdough or cranberry walnut
>gives out whole cakes
Last time his wife stopped in she found out my favorite cake and made a half sheet cake of it. It was the best cake I ever had.
>>
>>41865568
No, the wages of sin is death.
>>
>>41864924
Either make her understand that this is really important to you, and that she is wrong, or just falt out don't eat it, and wait until it rots in the fridge.
>>
>>41865571
I always say that I have a weak stomach so I can't just eat randomly which is kinda even true.
>>
>>41865532
>implying
Some bread is fucking amazing, and has good macros. But I'll stop before become pic related 2.0
>>41865536
Nope. He's a very typical, set in his way man. Was raised and still is to this day a devout JW; there's a real "this is the way things are" sort of mentality to him. I'm really worried because he's gaining weight too and had a stroke like 3-4yrs back I don't wanna lose him before I'm 30 but it's a likely possibility. Especially seeing as he's had diabetic fits while driving before and it's only through some divine intervention he survived.
>>41865566
Even still, it's like a bell curve; it's harder at first, then easier, then harder again to get those last few kilos.
>>
Just three more hours then I can eat my daily 8:20 pm meal. I'm practically bedridden so I only eat one big 1000-1500 cal meal a day. Gonna get 15 strips of bacon, 4 eggs, and some veggies.
>>
>>41865571
Thank them, make a really big deal like "holy shit this is amazing! I love it etc" have a small sliver to taste. And then say you'll take it home and have it for desert after dinner as that's your "sweet food time" while you watch [generic tv series that's popular]. Take home, bin it, you've just gotten yourself 2-3 weeks of "free time" while you can say "oh jeez, I still have the last one!"
>>
>>41865618
>no pic
>>
>>41865633
This. Stop eating food altogether, just drink water, eat cake, and take supplements from Taiwan or Brazil. Steal the sups for max frugality.
>>
>>41865003
Same BMI here, my mom told me I'm too thin too. Luckily, she doesn't hinder my progress by bringing home fast food or anything, she often asks if I want something to eat, but I just decline.
>>
>>41865332
>>41865360
I posted this in a QTDDTOT a few minutes ago but

currently weigh 196 lbs 5'4 tall (used to weigh 320)

My Fitness Pal says I should be eating 1500 calories at sedentary

But on the TDEE calculator I put in my stats and it says my sedentary calorie limit should be 2145
>>
>>41865571

"I'm sorry but my doctor told me I should stay away from sweets."

Give them a medical related reason. They won't fight back bc they don't want to seem insensitive to something so serious.
>>
>>41865659

think mfp is your tdee minus the calories that would get your calculated weight loss
>>
>>41865640
Pic of what man?
>>41865649
Oh shit son! You may be onto something!
>>41865659
Are you a boy or a girl?

I'm assuming you're a guy, and yes that seems right for a TDEE. MFP automatically takes in your goal of "lose 1lb/week" which means it'd bring it down to 1500cals, where as the TDEE calculator is just your straight TDEE. Make sense?
>>
>>41865649
not >>41865633
but what kind of taiwan sups are you talking about... curious since i live in taiwan..
>>
>>41865695

Where in Taiwan?
>>
>>41865695
Fish oil and magnesium, cialis, caffeine powder mixed with B12 all the good stuff. Gotta get your daily 40 grams of sodium too.
>>
>>41865668
>>41865688
yes i'm a guy, 20 years old

so basically MFP is right? I should be cutting at 1500 to lose weight? (that's the setting with goal to lose 2 lb.'s a week)
>>
>>41865742
Run at 1500 for a month, but don't sweat it too much if you go above it by 100-200 a day; 2lbs/week is at the high end of weight loss. Especially with that BMI you may find the sudden drop in calories giving you some mad cravings. Aim for anywhere between 1500-1750, obviously the closer to 1500 the better. Remember it's not a race, but a change in lifestyle. You've got this man, I'm rooting for you!
>>
>>41865742
At a 500 cal deficit every day you lose 0.5 kg, at 1000 cal you lose 1 kg, at 1500 you lose 1.5 kg. That's fine if you're e x t r a t h i c c.
>>
>>41865767
I forgot to mention that by "a month" I mean be a little bit lenient on yourself during this transition phase. After you've gotten into the groove and you've seen the first 5-8lbs lost, you should be in a mindset and routine to strictly hit 1500cals.

You've got this man, and remember we're here for support!
>>
>>41865773
You lose that a week, I mean, You can't lose that much in a day.
>>
>>41865767
>>41865773
thank you anon's, after looking at TDEE carefully it says my cutting calories should be 1672 which sounds right from what you guys are telling me

I used to weigh 320 and I'm close to my goal weight (160). i was only 189 a month ago before my surgery but after that i've been off track. We're gonna make it bro's
>>
>>41865711
northern taiwan...not taipei but close.
>>41865717
do you have a particular sup or do u just buy any u can get your hands on. prices for sups here are all over the place from what i can see. so i just dont realy trust most stuff i find dirt cheap
>>
>>41865821
I only take B12 on the regular and sometimes magnesium+potassium.
>>
>>41865815
anon im 5"5' @ 156 lbs and i can say i need to go further. so you might want to prepare yourself for it when you get closer to your goal. it happened to me when i hit 160 and im like nope need to keep going.
>>
>>41865815
I felt dead when I was 280 at 6 feet (246 now). Can't imagine being 320. Good on you for losing a lot anon, I know you can do it.
>>
File: 1493085877249.jpg (127KB, 601x569px) Image search: [Google]
1493085877249.jpg
127KB, 601x569px
>>41865840
i have something similar to that but with additional chinese stuff like grape seed powder and junk. it was on sale and i like sales, plus it had most of what i was looking for. on a side note im also looking for pic related sup but dont find anything with more than a single ingredient and im like na man i dont want to be taking 3-4 sups a day.
>>
>>41865846
one of my biggest fears lol. I have a friend who weighs 160 at my height and he looks great (n-no homo) but he's never been fat and has some pretty good genetics.

do you have any pictures from when you were that weight?
>>
I ate more food in the last 4 days than in the last 3 weeks combined. I have now given up hope on conventional dieting and I am ready to repent and accept the teachings of Father Fung into my life, starting tomorrow I will be fasting untill I am lean. I walk now looking like I am pregnant and I am more bloated than an alcoholic with chirossis or whatever its called.
>>
>>41865815
That sounds about right man; if you've made it this far you know what you gotta do. Remember to keep adjusting your TDEE as you come down in weight.
And don't be upset if you're like this anon >>41865846 and you find you have to keep going. My original goal was 80kg, but being only a few kilos away I realise I will probably need to hit 75-77kg to really be at where I want. It's all a journey, don't fret about the destination.
>>41865840
Vitamin D is also extremely helpful; apparently a lot of people are deficient in it. I work nights so I know for sure I don't get enough natural sunlight.
>>
>>41865566

with huge amounts of fat, your surface area is larger, which means your volume doesn't change as much when you reduce your fat.
as you lose weight your bods surface area gets smaller, making it's volume over all smaller, which makes it way more noticeable to lose weight.
meaning losing 20lbs as a 500lbs tub of shit will look less impressive than losing 10lbs at 180
If you're using a calculator and a measuring tape it's probably just not very accurate.
>>
Has anyone got any 1500kcal meal plans?
>>
>>41865920
1500kcal for a single meal? Or 1500kcal/day?
>>
>>41865920
>16 oz beef
>2 cups of rice
>protein
>>
>>41865934
Per day
>>
File: IMG_0549.png (146KB, 671x519px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0549.png
146KB, 671x519px
>lost 60 lbs.
>starting to make gains in my upper body and legs
>feel good
>look at my ass
>super flabby and flat from loose skin
>also still can't get rid of love handles
HOW DO I GET A GOOD LOOKIN ASS
>>
>>41865958
SQUATZ
>>
>>41865958
>HOW DO I GET A GOOD LOOKIN ASS
HIP DRAHVE
>>
File: 1497388412596s.jpg (3KB, 124x125px) Image search: [Google]
1497388412596s.jpg
3KB, 124x125px
>>41865958
LUAGNGES
>>
>>41865958

hip thrusts
>>
>>41865920
Sure

700 cal breakfast

700 cal dinner

mix a drink in there somewhere to get that 1500.
>>
>>41865439

You've got a good frame anon (n-no homo).
You got this. DO ITTT.
>>
>>41865916
so my circumference has effectively shrunk
>>
>>41865949
Give me a moment to finish these jobs at work and I'll write up something quick
>>41865958
Donkey kickbacks, barbell hip thrusts, lunges, highbar squat.
>>
>>41866005
Yes, your circumference will continue to shrink and that will make your surface area drop exponentially.
>>
File: 1497962158065.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1497962158065.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>41865439
>Working on my vacuum pose
>>
File: 162.gif (2MB, 2610x4640px) Image search: [Google]
162.gif
2MB, 2610x4640px
>>41865878
>was 200 @5'5"
>>
File: IMAG0920.jpg (2MB, 3024x5376px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0920.jpg
2MB, 3024x5376px
>>41866014
>>41865439
>>
>tfw no longer obese and now just overweight

We're gonna make it lads.
>>
>>41865891
listen, bud
as a Christian, I'm triggered at how easily you use the word 'repent'

Repentance is a 180 degree tun away from sin. If you're going to
>fast until lean
i doubt that you will not eat like the pig you are, and that will not be a repentance.

Admit that you aren't going to change anything, and that you will binge again in 2 days.
>>
>>41865618
Is he Cuban?
>>
>>41866026

t-those perky tiddies
i-i need

>>41866053

This smile is contagious.
Thanks anon.
>>
>>41865920
I'm on 1500k and usually eat a 400 to 500 calorie brunch and a 1000 calorie dinner. Oatmeal, fruit, and maybe a fiber bar for brunch. Whatever the hell I'm feeling for dinner; 1000 calories is enough to satisfy most cravings.
>>
File: 1497823037298.png (113KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1497823037298.png
113KB, 800x800px
Confess your sins.
>>
>>41866053
I remember the day I was 24.9bmi
for 40.5 that was an accomplishment
>>
File: IMG_20170620_171348.jpg (331KB, 1296x972px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170620_171348.jpg
331KB, 1296x972px
>>41866084
sorry father
>>
>>41866135
That is an ugly pizza.
I don't give a shit about how it tastes.
>>
>>41866141
then how did you get fat
>>
>>41866084
Father
I'm hungry as fuck and I keep eyeing hamburgers like I"m never gonna see one again.

I need to find more active things to do on my day off the difficulty increases in ignoring hunger.
>>
>>41866053
Man, I can't help but smile along with you. You're making it man!
>>41866062
Nah, Australian.
>>41866094
Holy shit man, that's amazing! I'm proud of you. Have you been keeping progress pics? I remember hitting 24.9 and it was really nice to be able to consider myself "normal" again.
>>41866084
I had a chocolate binge last week. It was ridiculous, but idk I guess I just snapped. Not gonna happen again that's for sure; felt so sick
>>
File: 1449105755605.png (525KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1449105755605.png
525KB, 1106x1012px
>>41866084
I put cheese on my teriyaki chicken bowl (light teriyaki) today.
>>
8kg to go, 6 weeks till im no longer a fatso, i'll miss you all.
>>
>>41866160
took the odd picture
I don't really like looking at myself, even now
>>
>>41865821

Cool. I lived in Taipei for 6 months. I stuck out everywhere I went because I was 6 ft tall and 230 lbs. Lel.
>>
>>41866166
8kg in 6 weeks anon, what are you doing...
>>
>>41865627
>15 strips of bacon, 4 eggs, and some veggies.

That's only 1500 cal?
>>
>>41866197
if white is not so bad. if not den enjoy that subtle racism...
>>
>>41866141
It was a tasty pizza
I don't give a shit about how it looks. I don't eat with my eyes.

It's the only thing I've eaten today, thus far
I said I'd eat it when I've eaten all my 'good' food, and I had.
If that's a cheat then so be it, but it's a consequence free cheat.
>>
>>41866227
>. I don't eat with my eyes.
you do, your sight, along with your sense of smell all affect how you taste the food you put in your mouth.

>lmao he doesn't give a shit about how it tastes
>I better tell him how it tasted
>>
>>41866198
1000 calorie deficit, 500 cal cardio workou 5x a week and lifting.
>>
>>41866242
I think you missed the point of the mirror response
never give up
>>
>>41866242
As long as the image doesn't bring up the association with something negative the visual impact of a meal has literally no influence on the taste.
>>
>>41866273
i think he means the new-agey 'visualise your success' kind of thinking
which is probably true if you believe it's true
he obviously does
>>
>>41866191
I can understand that man, props to you either way. That's awesome
>>
>>41865958
This concerned me from the beginning when a coworker said she fucked up her back and a physio told her it was because her ass was too weak.

Now we do butt lifts in the office.
>>
>>41866273
>food is ugly,
>lol I don't eat with my eyes
>you do
>fuck off food doesn't taste different unless you think it's ugly
>>
>>41866141
I don't get how fat people can be so snobbish about food
did you get fat by eating caviar and lobster thermidor?
>>
Might as well ask here, but what is the 'better' exercise between squats and seated leg press.

With the leg press, I can easily double what I squat and it is a million times better on my kness, but feel like the fact it's a machine makes it ez mode.
>>
>>41866289
It doesn't affect you if you don't give a fuck about it? Stop the presses.
>>
>>41865958
Just found motivation to keep going

>Right on man

>lost 60 lbs.
>starting to make gains in my upper body and legs
>feel good
>>
>>41864489
I can jump up to 6 lbs in a day with fucking water it's weird
>>
>>41866303
Squats. Always squats. Learn to squat properly and it doesn't impact on the knees as much. Otherwise, start at a lower weight to condition your knee joints or use knee straps. Squats are so much better for several reasons; posture, core, glutes, depth, power, stabilisers, etc etc
>>
>>41866303
If squatting hurts your knees and you don't have a previous knee injury diagnosed by a doctor, it's hurting your knees because you're squatting wrong.
>>
>>41866210

I'm Hispanic with a beard so I got plenty of dirty looks from old ladies in the MRT every time I spoken English with my friends.
>>
>>41866335
Or you have undiagnosed knee problems.
>>
>>41866331
>>41866335
Ah right thanks guys, I'll admit I've never been all that confident with squatting, so I found it a bit odd that I was lifting so much more with the leg press.
>>
>>41866344
same here except was overweight and for some reason locals think im philipino which is like being mexican in burgerland. i lost the weight so now im mostly just ignored, but the fact that im lifting and have some gainz makes it harder to convince the grils that im not philipino but rather hispanic. so im learning 2 chinese since i have another year to go here.
>>
4th week of dieting.

Down from 17st to 15st 12lbs.

Starting to see changes.

>we're all gonna make it /fit/
>>
File: IMG_4521.jpg (247KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4521.jpg
247KB, 720x405px
I've lost 38.5 lbs since last august, trying to pickup the pace now for a summer trip. I still have like 60 pounds to lose
>>
>>41866429
how much do you weigh?
>>
>>41865159
I had Type 2 until just over a year ago, dropped 60 odd lbs and officially in remission doing a low carb diet with pretty much no sugar whenever possible - not quite keto but it did the job. Took only a year as well.

I should also mention I exercised and took supplements to help like vit d, omega 3, zinc, vit k2 and magnesium.
>>
>>41866391

Nice. I regret not getting a local tutor while I was there but all the hiking I did through Taipei, Kaohsiung and Keelung made up for it since I got to shed some weight while eating a bunch of Chinese and japanese food.
>>
Is 150 lbs fat for a 5'9 female?
>>
>>41866467
>I should also mention I exercised and took supplements to help like vit d, omega 3, zinc, vit k2 and magnesium.

Those are quite normal to supplement with and are good etc..

the thing with omega 3s there are many sources of omega 3, do you just use fish oils or something like cod or kirll oil?
>>
>>41866486
It depends on the body fat % but with 150+lb at 5ft 9 it isn't too bad but you're probably pretty soft and have some fat stored up, I''d focus on lifting, and eating a little better without focusing on becoming full on cardio bunny, just lift and you;re good..
>>
>>41866391
Filipino
>>
>>41866486

Yes. That's my gfs short term goal. Aim for 130 if you want to be seen as average.
>>
>>41866486
To me, yes, depending on your aesthetic goals. I'm same gender and height, but want to be really thin rather than strong.
>>
>>41866486
No, it's perfectly healthy, though she'd probably look better at 135lbs.
>>
>>41866486
Seems about normal for a female, you could spare to shed another 10-15lbs but. It's 22BMI so that's considered the base for "normal".
>>
>>41866513
what do you weigh now?
>>
>>41866501
>>41866511
>>41866513
Forgot to mention 23.7% bodyfat
What do guys generally like? Is thicc just a meme and should I aim for skinny?
>>
>>41866524
>>
>>41865920

I meal prep alot. Meals are 500-700 calories each, I eat two a day. Small amount of wiggle room for a random snack or coffee as needed.

Example: My Meals for the Week:

Honey Sriracha Turkey Meatballs(A shit ton of spinach in these but thats optional)
Roasted Sweet Potato and Red Onion

Chicken Burrito Bowls
(Baked Chicken Thigh/No Skins, Small amount homemade spanish rice, shitton of black beans, avocado, roasted veggies, + lime)
>>
>>41866525
Depends on the guy. I like sticc, but there are plenty of guys that like thicc and everything inbetween.
>>
File: thinking man.jpg (44KB, 576x777px) Image search: [Google]
thinking man.jpg
44KB, 576x777px
>>41866513

>want to be really thin rather than strong
>>
>>41866525
>Is thicc just a meme

Not to me it isn't. Shit if you want proof just go on instagram. HIGH TEST, now that's a meme.

THICC > STICC
>>
>>41866545
Not him but if you were fat for a shitload of time the desire to just be thin rather than anything else is pretty strong.
>>
File: 1497920088466.gif (4MB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
1497920088466.gif
4MB, 204x204px
>>41866525
I like thick girls.

but they have to be less than 30% body fat.
see >>41864494
>tfw those delts and 'ceps are not possible natty
>>
I just want to be clear of something. Are most the people of this general just using calorie control and not doing cardio/weights any kind of training?
>>
>>41866545
I want to have a body like Amelie Lens.
>>
>>41866525
Sticc looks gross. Lift weights to build lower body mass and drop 5% body fat.
>>
>>41866567
Seems to be a mixture. A lot of people have some sort of comprehensive health plan that regular.
>>
>>41866568
>Amelie Lens
>go back to /fa/
>>
>>41866525
Doesn't matter for getting a bf.

Which one do you like the best? Do you like a model look? Or more of a athletic look? Or a ghetto girl look? /thinspo/ on /fa/ everyone wants to look like a model, I think here people are more likely to be aiming for athletic.
>>
>>41866568
Isn't she 6 foot? If you want a models body just smoke and do coke.
>>
>>41866607
She's just under. I'm 6', same color hair, similar body type.. so, just kind of a name to give a goal.
>>
>>41866567
I lift weights and do cardio. I run massive deficits during the week then eat 2000 cals a day on weekends because social life. If you're not lifting weights you're going to look like shit.
>>
>>41866567

I track calories, macros and jog 3 times a week.

I've lost 60 lbs.
>>
>>41864957
Do you feel concerned with her health? Like is that something you worry about or at this point if she dies from a health complication will you be more ok with it?
>>
>>41866525
I like petite frames, but that's just my preference. If I found a girl I clicked with, barring she weighs more than me, he body wouldn't play too big a role in my decision to date. Mindset is a lot more important; being with someone who sabotages you or actively hates an active healthy lifestyle is a big turn off
>>41866567
I use cardio, weights, calisthenics and martial arts on top of diet. Admittedly those went out the door with my bout of pneumonia, but I'm slowly getting them back on track now I'm better
>>
>>41866606
>doesn't matter for getting a bf
What did he mean by this?

If I want to have the ideal body type for men is it thicc, thin or athletic? It doesn't matter what I want, I want to be attractive to whomever I find attractive. It's unfair when girls don't return the favour.
>>
>>41866568
>Google name
Ho damn she's a cutie, if that what you want anon more power to you. But at least incorporate a calisthenics routine if not weights; having a good base for strength will really make you "pop" in the sexieness category at that sort of frame
>>
Red pill me on IF. Is there a noticeable difference between 16:8 and say 14:10? I've heard that 16 hours is the sweet spot for fat loss, but I know it's the calories you consume during the feeding period that actually matters.
>>
>>41866673
>depends on the setting ~ /tg/
But seriously, it varies. What sort of man do you go for?
>>
>>41866684
>Red pill me
Gas yourself
>>
>>41866697
"Explain it" to me then
>>
>>41866480
been doing that when i get the chance as well, but engineering degree does not want me to do so. the only place i havent been to is taichung but its ok i have another year. thankfully only thesis work is left for me so ill try to teach english on the side since it pays more than everything else here.
>>
>>41866692
I'm not picky looks wise. He just has to be 5'8+, have a 5+/10 face and not be obese.
>>
>>41866673
Honestly, it's just anything but fat. Men are not hard, and shit most put more attention into what your hair color is.
>>
>being fat

Christ
>>
>>41866719
That's like...a good chunk of men everywhere. Also, I'll give you props for not being those "6"+ only men" sort of girls.

Just go for an average look, keep a decent 18-22% bf, cardio and calisthenics. From there, you'll attract 99% of guys. AFTER you met yourself the bf you want, and you know it's something you both want, then you can discuss with him what sort of body he finds most attractive, and work together to adjust your goals. But remember this is so fucking true it's not even funny >>41866721
>>
>>41866673
I'm not a he, and what I mean is men are less picky than women and, just like women, different guys find different aesthetics attractive. Some like thicc, some like medium, some like sticc, some like downright fat.
>>
is the diabeetus gene matrilineal?
both my mom and sister have it, I was waiting for my turn
>>
>>41866684
The fasted period is supposed to spare muscle loss and increase test, at least. I remember reading studies years ago that the lean gains dude was spamming on forums.
>>
>>41866719
pls b miami
>>
>>41866759
Partially. Anyone overweight in my family has it, but I don't because I eat well. It's literally insulin resistance as someone said earlier, so, don't spike your insulin a lot and it won't be a problem.
>>
File: zizekfeel.jpg (37KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
zizekfeel.jpg
37KB, 384x288px
>>41866061
kek, a christian that doesn't understand the power of fasting as a way to absolve and stray from "sin"...what has this world come to? fasting is an essential founding ritual of the abrahamic religions.
>admit [...] you will binge in 2 days
what is this the spanish inquisition? you're no better than the "christians" (aka the catholic church) who lives on the confessions of others, if you already have lost "faith" in people before they even try.
Good luck with your "religion" pal.
Oh ye of little faith
>>
>>41866444
>>
I can't stop obsessively checking my weight multiple times a day, I'm so scared of gaining weight back I'm giving myself a complex
>>
>>41864924
Hi anon, I was in this exact situation, and I loved and appreciated my mom so much, I knew she was making an effort to bring me home something to eat, and I would feel awful for not eating it.

So I sat down with her, thanked her, told her fast food was bad for me, and asked her if she could bring something healthier. When she said "you'll burn it off at the gym", I carefully explained to her how it doesn't work that way, and she understood.

Actually she started helping with my fat loss, and eating healthier herself. Don't be afraid to talk to your family is what I'm saying.
>>
>>41866202
Yeah. 15 strips of bacon=740 cal, 4 eggs=400 cal to 600 cal or so, plus veggies.
>>
>6'3"
>323 lb start

315.5 this morning!
>>
>>41866987
moving in the right direction
don't run out of steam too quickly, it's a marathon
>>
>>41867035
Yup. I was actually looking at where I'll be in a year, and it's crazy to think I could lose 100 lbs between now and then.
>>
>>41866084
I don't know if i should eat more or less. Being 2000 below tdee has fucked my metabolism and water weight when I don't sustain it.
Should I aim for 1000 or more calories a day instead of 300-600?
>>
>>41867124
You shouldn't go under 1000 ideally. Slow and steady wins the race.
>>
>>41867124
Depends on your height and current weight. But generally speaking there is no reason to eat less than 1200 calories a day.
>>
>>41867139
But i feel like a fatty ding dong when I eat more, especially since it's been all low carb veggies and meat. Even avocados don't seem worth the calories anymore.
>>
Hey guys, 212lb here, down from around 250. Can't see a difference at all in my body, still got lots of belly fat. Everyone is noticing how much weight I've lost and I've lost 6 inches off my waist, none of my clothes fit, but clothes off I still look fat. Is this normal? I'm gonna cut another 20lb at least and hope that it's starts visibly coming off my belly then, my brother is 40lb lighter than me l, 4 inches shorter and he looks ripped as fuck so I'm hoping I'll start getting that sort of change. Have to make it eventually haha
>>
File: 1474979909994.jpg (10KB, 236x249px) Image search: [Google]
1474979909994.jpg
10KB, 236x249px
>>41866026
>tries to vacuum
>still looks just as fat
>>
>>41867165
236.2 this morning, up 1.2 from last Friday. 6'3"
>>
>>41865958
squats and oats
glutes for the sloots
>>
>>41866420
Thats noice anon. Keep the good work.
>>
>>41866162
I love cheese, an oz of grated parmesan isn't that bad and that's loads
>>
>>41867182
>6'3"
>eating 300-600 calories a day

You need to be eating more man. 1500 should be fine.

>>41867173
depends on your height. I'm 5'11" and look fat at 190.
You and me both need to lift more and lose more.
>>
>>41867220
I've been trying to add fat to my diet, but, feels like I'm just adding calories. I avoided the majority of the rice though. Just ate the chicken and cheese, maybe a bit of the rice that was stuck to the chicken/cheese.
>>
>>41866567
calorie control + lifting
>>
>>41866684
I did 16:8 when dieting and it helped a lot, mostly because during my eating window I could have a decent sized lunch, be full enough to hold me until dinner, and then have a dinner that would fill me up until bed, without snacks or going over my calorie limit. Now maintaining I do more 14:10 I guess. I just don't eat breakfast and then just eat whenever lunch lands without much concern.
>>
Anyone else suddenly horny as fuck after losing some weight? I legit had zero sex drive but down a little over 20 pounds and my dick is rock hard 24/7 over EVERYTHING. I dont know wtf to do
>>
>>41866525
I like thicc but you should go healthy mode instead of trying to balance thicc mode and end up fat again
>>
>>41866677
Thank you. I've been stretching (yoga) and I do some bodyweight exercises.
>>
>>41867265
estrogen will kill your dick.
>>
File: ideal.png (36KB, 657x696px) Image search: [Google]
ideal.png
36KB, 657x696px
>>41865920
This is what I've been doing.

It's worked for me. 35lbs lost in 10 weeks.
>>
>>41864968
Just to raise this because I hate misinformation and I believe people need to be educated on the differences. Type 2 diabetes may be insulin resistance but in Type 1 our pancreas is not overworked, we just lost the genetic lottery as it is an autoimmune disease. No prevention.

That's not to say that insulin resistance isn't an issue for Type 1s, but I've found RDA limits for carbohydrates haven't lead to insulin spikes seeing as I am a manual pancreas - weighing all carbs and protein, considering my activity for the day and calculating my insulin dose accordingly.

The biggest cause of blood sugar spikes for me is weightlifting and caffeine, nothing carb related. People never realise the trivialities of Type 1.
>>
File: gfhjgh.jpg (171KB, 484x648px) Image search: [Google]
gfhjgh.jpg
171KB, 484x648px
>>41867265
>tfw your dick goes from slightly below average to slightly above average
>>
File: 1497639573220.jpg (26KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1497639573220.jpg
26KB, 351x351px
>>41867176
>>
>>41864557
But you did include the discord. Expired link though.
>>
File: mealcucks.jpg (178KB, 798x770px) Image search: [Google]
mealcucks.jpg
178KB, 798x770px
>>41867275
>being a mealcuck
>>
>>41867335
>using the word "cuck"
>>
>>41867335
is this the new water-fast meme post
>>
>>41867327
Here's a new link
https://discord.gg/VkBqy5p
>>
>>41866718

Kek I did the opposite. I studied in the US and did engineering work in Taiwan. I was living like a king with work provided accomodations and an American engineer salary. At least Taiwan has lots of natural beauty and a great transportation system so it's cheap to explore. Go out to Yehliu Geopark this summer if you haven't been it's awesome.
>>
>>41867275
looks a lot like my day but ~500 kcal less.
I've also lost about 30 pounds in 10 weeks.
Keep rocking in the free world anon
>>
>>41867341
>t. mealcuck
stay hungry while I literally breeze though the day while still meeting all my goals. Enjoy your small apple, three almonds, and 1 leaf of parsley, mealcuck!

>>41867344
I don't meme.
>>
so my doc considers 145lbs at 5'3" and 33%bf 'not fat'...

also, how do I eat only 800-1000kcal a day without wanting to kill myself?
>>
>>41867390
hunger isn't a bad thing
>>
>>41867390
>stay hungry
>the retard continues to project and use the word cuck.
>>
>>41865522
This is really interesting. I love to find out what triggered people's T1. I met a guy who had a particularly bad beating session from his father that triggered his Type 1. I know a lady who fell over in the playground and started getting her symptoms after that. Myself, I got a really bad cold / sinus infection and developed Type 1 straight after. The same thing happens in people with other autoimmune diseases. They remain dormant in you until a particular stressor triggers it.

Leave your father to work out his own management. The idea of ketosis scares me, I don't understand how it would work as a type 1. My bloods drop massively after long periods of activity but if I tried to stabilise myself I would need to break ketosis. It can be stressful enough on the current rollercoaster ride.
>>
>>41867265

This. Even my gf is feeling hornier lately.

>Tfw you recover half an inch of boner from your fupa.
>Tfw throbbing erections after 2 months of cardio
>>
>>41867390
>implying I'm ever hungry
>>
1500 calories seems like a lot of food now.

I'm really struggling to see how I've been eating over my tdee (2800) all this time.
>>
>>41867450
It is, 1500 calories can keep you well fed but it depends on the food you're actually eating

Good food = harder to cheat
Easy calories from carbs, fats = easier to go over 2k a day, try adding in grain/bread into the mix and your diet is fucked
>>
Rolling for pooshups
>>
>>41867450
>try to eat below 1900
>still super hungry
I'm never going to make it
>>
>>41867450
Right now I'm feasting on a huge platter that is less than 1000 calories. Pretty insane. Alcohol, sugar, and bread were pretty bad.
>>
>>41867459
>recommending eating lots of carbs
wow just WOW.
>>
>>41867475

>Reading comprehension ayy lmao

This is what happens when you don't finish high school kids.
>>
Is there a way to channel my autism into a successful diet?
>>
>>41867499
meticulously weighing and counting every calorie you put into your mouth has to be a great autism outlet
>>
>>41867511
Thanks. I bought a scale and I have a spreadsheet I'm about to start for my daily weigh ins.
>>
>>41867475
That's not what he said.
>>
>>41867499
Trust me doing this shit makes everyone autistic.
>>
>>41867498
>>41867528
DELET THIS
>>
>>41867391
I eat 800-1000 by eating one amazing, delicious meal that I have looked forward to all day
>>
File: autism.jpg (59KB, 418x359px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
59KB, 418x359px
>>41867543
I just want to be cute like my animes
>>
>>41867176
Cmon man, every fat guy has done the "vacuum of shame" at least once in their life
>>41867265
Increased testosterone from lifting and reduced estrogen from fat. It's a great feeling man, and that horniness makes for an amazing drive to do even more exercise and lifting.
>>41867270
Look up Convict Conditioning. I've done it and I'm doing it again; it's a great pdf that has a lot of great info and will hit all parts of your body. Keep up the good work darlin, and I hope you reach your goal!
>>41867401
Yea, he fell out of a tree when he was like 12/13 and broke his arms and leg. Pancreas went into shock and he had to be rushed to hospital before they realised what had happened. That was back in the day before insulin was synthesised.

It's not so much I want him to do keto or anything drastic, just to be open to new ideas and potential advancements in science that can save him. Idk, I guess pinning has because such a part of his routine, and he is nothing if not routine. He won't even attempt to lose weight or lift with me, and it's just depressing to see a man you respect and think of as your hero fade away into nothing. Idk, maybe I'm a faggot but my dad was always my role model and it just hurts that inner child in me to see him like this.
>>
>>41867475
>current year
>this level of retardation
amazing truly
>>
>>41867379
>Yehliu
went a few months back and it was indeed nice. so far i liked the trail that takes you from taipei county to yilan county through the mountains the most. dont remember the name but it was about 15km of mountain trail. second fave was taroko national park. reminds me a lot of back home when i go out so its nice for me. dont think im going to stay here though since pay is shit for IT. they only pay matterial science and IC well from what ive seen.
>>
>>41867589
Cool. I missed Taroko last time I went but it's on my bucket list. I also missed Mt. Qixing in Yangmingshan but only because it started pouring when I took the bus to the top and it was way too dangerous to get on the trail.

Yeah even skilled labor is cheaper out there, that's why my company offshores a lot of engineering work there. I was told that as an entry level engineer in the US I probably made more than my Taiwanese boss.
>>
File: wojak gun.jpg (154KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
wojak gun.jpg
154KB, 1070x601px
>tfw allergic to cruciferous
>>
if you eat your own semen, do you count that in your calories? asking for a friend.
>>
>>41864924
>burn it off at the gym
all my rage. what is it with goddamn normies and thinking that exercise is more important than diet?
>>
>>41867671
if it goes into your mouth you count it anon
>>
>>41867671
that's like what 4 calories no you don't count it fag
>>
>>41867709
maybe he-s a gigantic fag and takes tons and tons of cum in his mouth.
>>41867671
just weight it and calculate its calories with mfp
>>
>>41867573
Does he weigh his food and carb adjust?

I think the best thing I did for my control was to start weighing everything I ate because I then knew exactly how much to inject. I'll still get it wrong sometimes because we have lots of situational factors as well like temperature and amount of fat in the meal etc.

The most important factor for me was introducing exercise. I was scared about doing it since the type of exercise and duration can massively vary on how it affects my bloods but the improvement in my insulin sensitivity has been amazing and I have reduced my basal insulin intake by exercise alone - my bolus is the same ratio but I reduce it if I am going to do cardio or increase it for weights.

Chronic illness and depression/anxiety go hand in hand and its very easy to feel overwhelmed by it. Its very common for T1s to refuse help, it sucks having people try to suggest that you check your bloods or if you need to eat something. We don't like people nagging us but I would hope he can see that you're doing it out of love. The amount of times I've ragged on my mum for bringing shit up but I know she's right and I'm doing much better now.

Does he have a good diabetic specialist for appointments? I'm assuming you're in the states so care is going to be very different from where I am. I find that having a hard ass specialist who is blunt and brutally honest with me does wonders. My latest one thinks I have a chance of getting a pump on the NHS.
>>
>>41867704
Thanks.

>>41867709
Not sure. I originally figured it would just be going back in and nothing would be counted. But upon further reflection, it would be re-digested and there is energy stored in it that otherwise would have left the system.

>>41867731
>just weight it and calculate its calories with mfp
Okay, I'll tell him to do that.
>>
So I took my library occupational exam this morning. Nailed the Dewey, computer and novels sections but the most important part (shelving skills) is what I'm the least confident about. Every question seemed tricky. And there are too many rules. But maybe I just feel that way because it took the most time, naturally.
>>
The one thing that frustrates me about losing weight is that it takes so long, i have been counting calories for 5 months now, and i will need at least 7 more months to no longer be obese. And after that another 5 or so to get to a normal bmi.
>>
>>41867748
>pls cum in this cup
>I need to weigh it
>>
is there any cons to eating just chicken throughout the day (accompanied with vegetables)?
>>
>>41867808
Well duh that's the main reason most people don't try to lose weight
>>
>>41867808
a year and a half is a small price to pay for a lifetime of sin
>>
>>41865232
harden the fuck up and go without sweet tasting foods?
>>
>>41867222
Yeah 5 11 too, my lifts arent bad but I might have to cut more than I thought, I think 180 should be a good goal for now and reassess then
>>
>>41867808
you will fail eventually, counting calories is a dead end. simply switch your diet and you will be fine, no need for counting calories, feel of hunger or anything ridiculous like that. 80% of calorise from rice, potatos, corn or pasta. cut the fat, all dairy especially and you're done

>>41865232
nothing wrong with sweeteners
>>
File: hijhv.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
hijhv.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
Completed my third week today, gone from 93kg to 90.7. I'm glad to be finally under 200lb again but it that health pace for weight lost?

I made some fuck ups with the occasional night out at the pub and confused calories for uncooked and cooked pasta.
>>
>>41866084
I just ate 2 large pieces of garlic bread. A peanut butter sandwich. And 8 powdered donuts, but they were small.

Later on I might stuff myself with cheese sticks. I already fucked up today, so why not. Tomorrow is another day.
>>
Took an ICE COLD shower this morning (as cold as possible) and it...actually wasn't so bad after the initial shock. I'm feeling fucking great today, so I think I'll continue with this meme. Also I hear it boosts T, but that might just be broscience.
>>
What bf% should I start to expect seeing noticeable reduction in pubic fat? I want my fucking inches back.
>>
>>41867808
Enjoy the journey. I spent a year and a half getting thin, and I know the feeling of just wanting to be done, but really the journey is enjoyable too. I felt better once I got into the grove of it.
>>
>>41867762
Are you that German guy or are you seriously the second anon I meet studying library stuff?
>>
>>41867827
plz help
>>
>>41868033
Eat some other stuff for variation. Get some pork and fish from time to time. Chicken is good though.
>>
>>41867918

differs from person to person
>>
Day 4 of cutting carbs. Does it get better
>>
>>41868287

are you doing keto?
>>
Had a single serving of commercial peanut butter just now. Even though only 5g carbs, I still feel like I'm cheating. Was good tho.
>>
I think I'm going to see how many days I can go without eating, and once I slip up I'll binge on tuna, that way I'll already be on keto.
>>
I'm a girl and I've basically been eating 600 calories a day for the past 5 days and have only lost two pounds

Fucking ridiculous
>>
>>41868416
I know it's bait but two pounds in 5 days is good
>>
>>41868416
>only 2 pounds in 5 days
You know safe is 1 lb a week right?
>>
>>41868477
All that hard work for just two pounds while guys can cut at 1500 cals and lose 1-2
>>41868490
No, it's not
I'm fat and my body has enough fat to survive from
>>
>>41868591

Apparently none of you niggers know how to bake threads

move to the new one
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.