[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hunter Gatherer Diet and Fitness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: legsmale.jpg (11KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
legsmale.jpg
11KB, 480x270px
Reminder that the ideal human form is only achieved by mimicking the behaviour of prehistoric hunter-gatherers.

> gather seeds, nuts, fruit and put it in a animal-skin bag
> make a wooden spear
> walk long distances with spear and food to known sources of fresh water
> chase and kill your food with wooden spears (maybe with stone spearheads if you're fancy)
>>
I just ate an entire raw lemon including the peel. I ate it like an apple. Is that a good thing? Is it healthy? Good for gayns?
>>
>>41851018

if this was the ideal human lifestyle then why did we stop doing it?
was it because

>(a) it was inefficient
>(b) it was dangerous
>(c) we found better ways to get food
>(d) all of the above
>>
File: gondola.jpg (59KB, 1152x848px) Image search: [Google]
gondola.jpg
59KB, 1152x848px
>>
>>41851265
overpopulation made it unsustainable
>>
>>41851230
it's good for enamel erosion gains
>>
It's called Paleo.

It's alias of bs. Cavemen had to catch their meet themselves so they only ate it when they caught it, then ate butts and berries when they couldn't. Doesn't make it optimal. Can you survive that way - sure. Will you enjoy it - meh prob not. Are there better way of eating - yes.
>>
>>41851018
Humans more commonly set traps and ambushed prey rather than chasing them down

That or lying in wait and hitting them from afar with some sort of javelin or bow and arrow
>>
>>41851369
i'm not just talking about the diet though, you have to actually chase your prey and stab it to death

also it ensures brain functions in best way as well as body

eg compare the behaviour of a zoo animal to one raised in the wild. that is effectively the difference between modern and prehistoric man.
>>
>>41851383
that's bullshit, using tools is a very modern thing. prehistoric man probably chased and beat his prey to death with his fists, or pulled it apart with others. it meant we couldn't hunt large prey though.
>>
>>41851411
Reminder that this type of people routine post and give advice on /fit/.
>>
>>41851326
this
>>
>>41851369
Abbos in Australia ate loads of grubs and other high protein lean meats like kangaroo
If you look at old pictures of them, they look pretty fit
>>
>>41851411
Nearly every animal can outrun and overpower humans

Endurance hunting is possible, but it burns so many calories that it's not practical all the time unless the collective food of the tribe can make up for that caloric loss
Since even apes use tools I don't see how tool use is a "modern" thing
The human body is perfectly designed for throwing
Most likely early man would hunt with slings, throwing spears/javelin launchers, bows, throwing sticks, blowguns with poison, and even just throwing rocks to stun or kill small game.

Wth ambush or traps the technology is much less, even monkeys ambush prey with one or two other "hunters" helping them.
It's the same with humans as with wolves and other pack hunters
>>
>>41851850
Also spears are almost always used to finish the kill, if you've ever gone hunting a boat before with a spear you use it to put it down, not to hunt it initially since you are just opening yourself up to being gored by its tusks.
Ancient man would want to stay as far as possible to make his kill just the same, since a sprained ankle or broken leg could mean death easily
>>
>>41851850
Also we ate a shit ton of insects. Best protein on planet Earth if you can stomach it.
>>
>>41851881
depends where you lived
in some climates, insects were not reliable to provide for your diet as more than a supplement.
in Australia or Africa or other equatorial regions it was easier, but less so in northern latitudes or arid regions.
fish is probably the next best after insects since it used to be plentiful and comparatively extremely easy if you could set up a basic fish trap (as many people still do today) or even just some lines to sit.
considering how few calories it takes to catch some fish its a good return, in many costa areas even just walking about after the tide has gone out can net a healthy return.
>>
>>41851411
In africa maybe... But humans used tools.
>>
>>41851411
>ah yes let me chase down this deer and beat it to death with my hands
>oops I just wasted a fuckton of energy in the chance and am tired as fuck
>oops this deer is actually pretty huge and has big antlers and hoves
>oops my hands are just dull meat hammers and can't hit as hard as a kick from a deer
>oops my ribs are broken and lung punctured
>maybe trying to have a boxing match with an animal was a bad idea.

thus Anon is eaten half-alive by coyotes and can never taint the genepool with his retard DNA
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.