[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seed and nut digestion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1497009378415.png (267KB, 480x527px) Image search: [Google]
1497009378415.png
267KB, 480x527px
So in order to hit my caloric goals while eating clean, I've started eating seeds and nuts.

Specifically, I have 50g sunflower seeds in my morning oats, and I blend 100g peanuts into my end of day protein shake.

This morning, upon inspecting my poop, I noticed that it contained a lot of partially digested nuts - very noticeable, in fact.

My query is about how efficiently my body can actually digest these seeds/nuds. Am I actually getting the 567 calories, ~18g protons as highlited in its nutritional value per 100g?

Is there something I should eat to aid digestion of these items?
>>
Isnt the main reason why bodybuilders eat like 10 times a day is that you ensure your body takes in the maximum amount of nutrients out of the food you consume ?
>>
>>41850491
Its because there's a limit to the amount of protein the body can absorb at once. But its generally a lot higher than people think. I take in protein 5 times a day, spaced about 2-3 hours apart
>>
>>41850517
>>41850491
Apparently the issue is that as I blended them, I was just gulping them down, when in actuality they require a lot more chewing.
>>
>>41850466
>This morning, upon inspecting my poop, I noticed that it contained a lot of partially digested nuts - very noticeable, in fact.
This is normal

>My query is about how efficiently my body can actually digest these seeds/nuds.
Varies between individuals and between different nuts and seeds.
Generally the better chewed and more blended, the more you will absorb. Peanut butter is absorbed almost fully.

>Am I actually getting the 567 calories, ~18g protons as highlited in its nutritional value per 100g?
Almost certainly not.
I recall a couple studies. Walnuts were like 77% calories absorbed, almonds around 85 or so, peanuts similar. But variation between 70 and 90 or so between different people.

Also, eating 100 grams of almonds a day reduced the absorption of the entire diet (all other foods) by 5% on average

You should be able to find these studies on Google, I'm honestly too lazy right now

>Is there something I should eat to aid digestion of these items?
I'm not aware that anything helps but it's not a health concern, it just means that your calorie calculations will be off and you need to listen to your body and your hunger levels (especially considering that a very high intake of nuts and fiber lowers the calorie absorption from all other foods).
>>
>>41850491
>>41850517
You two are retarded. Do you honestly believe the human body evolved to eat 5 times a day? Cavemen were lucky if they could eat every day.
>>
>>41850535
Thanks, very helpful post. I may just go straight for peanut butter instead of raw peanuts (i apparently got memed on and thought raw peanuts would do the job just as well).
>>
>>41850601
Cavemen also didn't sit on their ass and post on image boards all day

They'd also forage constantly and be snacking on plants/fruit/nuts all day until they find a proper meal
>>
>>41850601
You're retarded. The human body has an upper leel of protein it can absorb for muscular development at once. Its not the oft quotes 30g (studies have shown little impact on absorption even if you eat 55g) but it does exist.

You're conflating building unnecessary muscle with natural subsistence living.
>>
>>41850466
The 'nuts' you are seeing is just the undigested exoplasim, a thin clear layer on the outmost part of the seed. pick one out and examine it. it is full of regularly digested shit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.