[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Injury General/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1-2-hurts-just-a-little-bit.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1-2-hurts-just-a-little-bit.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
ITT: injury stories, questions, and prevention

I'll start. My job is basically 20-30 hours of low to medium intensity cardio and lifting per week. How do I prevent injury and aid in recovery from heavy lifts in the gym?
>>
>>41850134
Cold showers/ice baths decrease inflammation and promote recovery. Professional athletes do it and it helped in high school.
>>
File: 1411663647731.png (280KB, 407x453px) Image search: [Google]
1411663647731.png
280KB, 407x453px
I had a lower back injury about 5 months ago squatting.

Granted, I skipped on leg day the week before, but I was just doing like half my max (A little bit more than 1pl8....not much). I'm still not sure what went so wrong, maybe I went too deep or lifted at a weird angle.

The next week I couldn't bend down from the pain, and even picking up stuff from the ground was uncomfortable. I've had a similar injury for trying to deadlift my max with a different grip, and that healed by itself in a couple of weeks, so I ignored it.

A couple of months after the injury, it still hurt a bit if I did weird movements, specially lifting my legs while lying down in bed. Now it only really hurts and just slightly if I do really weird shit.

I haven't done legs or lower back since then. Should I risk it? I have no money right now to go see a doctor, and the meds they gave me the first week of the injury only seemed to numb the pain, not really fix the problem. Anyone have any similar experience with some recommendations?
>>
>>41850302
Make sure your form is spot on and try again light, see how you feel and go from there
>>
>>41850199
Just tried this out. Seems to do the trick. Ty
>>
A few months back i hurt my sternum while dipping. I had 15 kg on a belt and during the last set I started having this feeling like something was going to give in my chest but decided to ignore it and on last rep felt something popping. It wasn't particularly painful immediately, but it increased interfered with pectoral work many weeks afterwards, the pain localizing in the angle of the sternum.

I've been trying to get back into dipping but can barely add any weight or go deep before some discomfort. Sucks to have your joints give up before your muscles.

Anyone else with the same problem? Diagnosis? Am I forever doomed to shallow babyweight dips?
>>
>>41850134
Happened today

>help friend out in showing overhead press form
>show him how not to do it
>accidentally hyperextend back too much
>*crack*
>shitithurts.png
>almost fall backwards

Now I got this dull pain when I arch my back. Have I fucked up /fit?
>>
>>41851633
also what should I do? Rest from overhead pressing for a while?
>>
>>41851647
I'd take a break from arching your back during sex if it hurts
>>
>>41851503
could me mild costocondritis mate never ever do dips again or you might never train your chest/upper body again, same thing happened to me and i still can work my chest, but dips might permanently fuck you up if you ever do them again, once you have the popping in your chest its already to late, continue training chest but you have to cut dips out completely
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.