[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do multi-vitamins help? I keep reading these shitty articles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Beardly Dreams.jpg (35KB, 539x490px) Image search: [Google]
Beardly Dreams.jpg
35KB, 539x490px
Do multi-vitamins help?

I keep reading these shitty articles saying you should stop taking them because they are a waste of time. Are jews trying to jew me or what?
>>
I personally don't like multivitamins, they give me backpain. Try to get all the micronutrients you can from your diet and supplement the rest with individual vitamins.
>>
>>41849014
Sounds like that shit is fucking with your kidneys. I eat like shit, mostly pasta and sandwiches so I figured I would take them. I'm also skinny fat, but I'm going to buy a treadmill and bench press this month. What should I eat, steak and eggs?
>>
You're already getting more than you need from food, so multivitamins mostly just slather on more excess.

Some vitamins, like Zinc, are beneficial and should be taken.
>>
>>41849033
Greek yogurt
Eggs
Chicken breast
Brown rice
Veggies

use MyFitnessPal to log what you eat and buy a scale to weigh your food.
>>
>>41848955
I had some weird side effects the first week on my multivitamin but after that week I felt better than ever. You can expect to maybe feel a little weird when you first start taking them. Just make sure its a good multivitamin that doesn't give you doses above what you should be taking every day. They aren't a waste of time because you're going to absorb some of the vitamins no matter what so why would it be a waste of time? It takes maybe two seconds to take a multivitamin and you can buy bottles of 200 Centrum tablets for like $15 and it'll last you two hundred days. There are certain gaps in everybody's diets that they sometimes need help filling. For instance, when was the last time you ate something with copper in it? or Chromium? or Molybdenum? Its complicated too because the absorption of things like iron depends on other vitamins. So if you're low on Vitamin C you might have trouble absorbing iron. That's why people take multivitamins. To make sure you don't have gaps. Even if you don't absorb a lot of it, its not a waste of time.
>>
Waste of time and they can give you cancer
>>
>>41849107
Vitamins don't give you cancer. People with unhealthy diets are more likely to take a multivitamin. Doesn't mean the cancer is coming from the vitamin, could easily be coming from their bad diet. Most studies that say "multivitamins can increase cancer risk" are studies of people who already have cancer. One study actually suggests a decrease in cancer risk by 8% if you take a multivitamin consistently (Gaziano, 2012) and this wasn't some study of cancer patients, it was an actually study where they started people on a multivitamin and saw whether they got cancer.
>>
>>41848955
Can't hurt. Not even that expensive for a decent supply.
Arguably only Fish Oil and Vitamin D are the only ones you need, but if you want a multi as well, go for it. Zinc is good too if you feel like you have skin issues or any signs associated with low test, but don't take Zinc and a Multi together, because usually it'll be an extremely high dosage combined.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.