[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Advice Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 27

File: chad.jpg (63KB, 600x645px) Image search: [Google]
chad.jpg
63KB, 600x645px
Give advice to other anons who ask questions!
>>
>>41846803

I think you should lift more and eat more.
>>
I know you guys aren't doctors, but I'll ask anyway

>be in car wreck, strain back a little bit
>2 days later
>squatting 225 3x6
>back starts to feel pretty weak after that set, but I go to do my deadlifts anyway
>load up 135 for a warm up
>bend over and grab the bar
>snap my shit as soon as I begin the pull
>drop the bar and waddle out of the gym

Intense, sharp pain about my right glute for a few seconds. It was a tearing, cracking sensation. Sharp pain went away within 2 days. A month later, I still get radiating pain above my right glute and down to my foot when I sit or lie down, but it is mild. Standing and walking completely relieves the pain.

I've deadlifted up to 275 for a triple since the injury occurred, and everything feels fine during the movement, but I'll get moderate, dull back pain for the next 3 days afterward.

Is this a herniated disc or something else?
>>
>>41846897
1. Go see a doc
2. Get an MRI
>>
>>41846803
what makes you qualified to give advice
>>
>>41848065
he isnt, he asked other anons to
>>
>>41848093
I've just lost all credibility in this thread
>>
File: 1497175118784.jpg (42KB, 400x680px) Image search: [Google]
1497175118784.jpg
42KB, 400x680px
How do I get over having a shitty ass frame and average to low test?
>>
>>41848132

get on test around 23-24 years old. Do bloodwork through Private Lab MDs, your HPTA will be mostly developed at this point, so shutdown is not a concern so long as you PCT properly.

>>41846897

Yes, if the pain is radiating down your glute through your hamstring, it might be a herniated disc. You may have also strained your glute and have some phantom pains in your hamstrings. All the same, do not fuckign deadlift and squat till you have an MRI done.
>>
>>41848132
>frame
Focus on shoulders, back and traps, and don't go too hard on legs. Also you might look better with slightly higher bf%.

>test
If you have average test then what the fuck are you complaining about, but if it it low, either get TRT or just hop on gear. I'm assuming your diet, sleep, excercise and stress management are all in order.
>>
Anyone here do rock climbing? I'm picking it up as a new hobby (mainly bouldering) so I'm all ears for your tips and suggestions.

Also, how should I incorporate it into my fitness routine? I'm thinking about doing ppl every other day and climbing in between.
>>
I recently found out I'm pretty ugly. I always thought I was 6-7/10 but I guess not.

How do I offset my looks (inb4 get money and cuck myself for some gold digger), or should I even bother?

I have an oval face and a small chin, not very masculine.
>>
>>41848207

Yes, it's good conditioning work/ a hobby. Do light climbing on your rest days, and build up till you're cardiovascularly and physically competent enough to recover from that and endurance training.
>>
>>41848218

You're ugly because you let other people's opinions define you instead of your opinion of yourself. Fix that and stop trying to please others.
>>
What is the minimum amount of water I can drink and be on creatine? I try to drink at least 3/4 a gallon on work days and can usually get a gallon on off days. I ask because I don't want to fuck my shit up and dehydrate myself or something if I don't get enough water
>>
>>41848274
I'd say a gallon a day is more than enough unless you work a physical job and sweat alot. Hell even half a gallon is enough for most people.
>>
I have a serious doubt regarding SS, when I fail a rep/set on a main lift, should I keep the same weight for the next sessions until I don't fail anymore or do I just keep loading weights?
>>
>>41848207

warm up properly. not kidding. i got injured a gazillion times because of bouldering.
>>
File: 1497803449045.jpg (14KB, 325x236px) Image search: [Google]
1497803449045.jpg
14KB, 325x236px
>How do you go back to the gym and keep coming back?
>>
>>41848381
Well now that it's summer I have been sweating a lot more. I ride a bicycle to work and it's about 3 miles. In that short distance I already have a layer of sweat on me. And at work it's hot af too. Most of the days are 95 F and at least 50% humidity.

I'll read up a bit more and see if less than a gallon is good enough.
>>
>>41848422
Yeah definitely read up on it. I'd say for your bike rides get a sports drink, or at least a banana.
>>
>>41848402
It's been a while but I think it said if you fail 3 workouts in a row, then deload 10%.
So keep the same weight for up to the next two times you do that excercise, and if you fail each time then deload.
>>
>>41848218
ugly is what you wear. practice making faces in the mirror and find ones that are attractive. ugliness/attractiveness is deeper than you think, because even the way you contort your face and your body will either make you appear uglier or attractive.
>>
>>41848415
Just go, it doesn't matter if you workout for an hour or just sit in the locker room for 15 minutes and leave, first cultivate the habit of physically going to the gym, and once you have that down, work more on actually having a good workout there.
>>
Been training hard and eating REALLY clean for the past two weeks. Today I kinda overate and ate some sweets and a lot of flour, etc. I physically feel like shit. Is eating shitty foods ruined for me?
>>
>>41848406
How should I warm up? And what kind of injuries did you get?
>>
>>41848570
>Is eating shitty foods ruined for me?
Kinda
You can still eat the odd cookie for dessert, but you can't gorge like a fat ass anymore, unless you do it constantly.
>>
>>41846803
Tore left rotator cuff during bench press, wat do?
>>
>>41846803
why does this guy look so much like eminem
>>
>>41848207
Dont strain yourself too much when bouldering, never let strength fail you, but rely on good technique. Be especially careful about wrists and elbows, and warm up for a LONG time. Me and everyone I know who started bouldering has gotten injured to the point where we had to stop all physical activity.
>>
>>41846897
Go to a fucking doctor you retard
>>
I want to start to get some amount of muscle so I can like something about me, any tips on where to start?
>>
>>41846803
What are some decent sites for fitness articles? Preferably ones that link scientific studies? I'm legitimately interested in this stuff, but every time I ask if anybody has any articles on a subject, a bunch of newfags start telling me I'm overthinking it and need to "just go lift".

>THat's what I get for wanting to learn more about my hobby of 3 fucking years I guess
>>
>>41846897
go to a doctor idiot. this is going to ruin your life forever if you dont
>>
>>41846803
the sticky link is dead
anyone have a mirror?
>>
>>41849661
read the sticky faggot
>>
File: 1497747412816.jpg (107KB, 1000x897px) Image search: [Google]
1497747412816.jpg
107KB, 1000x897px
Is this body possible or is it just a comic fantasy?

I'm looking for a goal body
>>
Never been into fitness, trying to start a bender that'll change my life for the better.
Is it a good idea to cap off my workout with an hour of walking/jogging?
I'm thinking it's a good idea to work both on my cardio and my strength, but I can't into fit yet.
>>
>>41846897
>Squatting and deadlifting 2 days have car wreck with back strain

You wanted to go to Snap city right?
>>
File: 1486982048412.jpg (35KB, 369x387px) Image search: [Google]
1486982048412.jpg
35KB, 369x387px
How do I get /fit/ while being too beta to sign up for a gym? All the big guys (4u) will laugh at me :((
>>
File: IMG_4472.jpg (28KB, 260x206px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4472.jpg
28KB, 260x206px
Depression ruins my progress every time i start picking up weights again and my 12 hour shifts coupled with split days aren't helping. I only feel ready to start again when I'm rock bottom. How do I end this cycle
>>
>>41849672
t-nation
>>
How important are rest days if the volume of training isn't that big?

What I do daily:

kettlebell snatch 3x10
kettlebell rows 3x10
goblet squat+press 3x10
kettlebell press 3x10

Doesn't take much time, but do I need rest?
>>
File: 691.png (7KB, 525x225px) Image search: [Google]
691.png
7KB, 525x225px
This
>>
my osgood schlatter's is acting up, but i'm 22 so it's probably not from the usual cause. should i stop squatting, or just deal with it? it doesn't hurt while squatting, but my knees/shins have been sore recently
>>
>>41853557
I used to have that, try using your thighs/glutes and calves more while changing your stance to lower the strain on the knees.
>>
>>41851048
>wanting pincers on his dick
why, anon?
>>
I'm really frustrated.. I enjoy brosplits but I "know I should" be doing fullbody/upper lower-splits, though I find them boring as fuck. I mean I'm making gains, I'm getting stronger and most of all I'm enjoying training. But I'm not sure on how much gains I'm missing out on. Thought of doing a Zyzz kinda split with the fullbody consisting of the same compounds I do on the other days. So on the fullbody day Im doing Squats/Bench/Deadlifts/OHP/Accessories. Legit idea to compensate what the brosplit is lagging, frequency for protein synthesis and frequency for compounds? My goals are aesthetics, couldn't give less about strength though I know it's necessary for size.

Back Biceps (Deadlifts/BB Rows)
Chest Triceps (Benchpress)
Legs (Squats)
Shoulders (OHP)
x
Fullbody (Squats/Bench/Deadlifts/OHP/Accessories) 3x3-6
x
repeat
>>
How do you get rid of puffy nipples/gynecomastia ?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>41851202
There's always someone less fit than you at the gym.
>>
Been drinking quite a bit for the past months, to the point where I think it may become addictive. I drink about 3-5 nights a week, almost exclusively straight spirits, about 15-20 fl. oz each time.

How bad am I fucking my liver? My brain? How bad is it affecting my overall performance (mental and physical)? Am I on the verge of collapsing or is it considered ''normal'' quantity?
>>
>>41851202
Biggest guys are usually the friendliest. It's the young curl bros that think they're top shit
>>
Is there any specific advice for a skinnyfat who has just started lifting? It seems like the worst fucking body shape to be in
>if you decide to bulk, you just get fat as fuck and then cut for a few months to look decent
>if you decide to cut, you go full auschwitz and then slowly build muscle
>if you go through body recomp it takes a long ass fucking time

any former skinnyfats here? what path did you take and why?
>>
File: 1376162320527.jpg (50KB, 441x361px) Image search: [Google]
1376162320527.jpg
50KB, 441x361px
Will I ever forget her?

Will the one who comes after her even come close to living up to her?
>>
How to increase bench I have been needing like 3 ss sessions before I can increase weight. I feel I need more volume?
>>
>>41851202
nobody will laugh at you unless you do something incredibly stupid
>>
>>41848763
which rotator cuff muscle was it? i'm sick and tired of people thinking the "rotator cuff" is a single thing.
>>
>>41851202
Just mind your own business and no one will care. Only time I've laughed at someone is when some guy started flipping on the Smith machine and doing this weird bullshit and nearly toppled the machine which got him kicked out and suspended. So, as long as youre not doing that, you should be alright. Do a normal routine focusing on compounds til you know your way around the gym. Look at form videos and just have some self awareness and youll be A okay.
>>
>>41857662
Bitch I have drank every day for around six years give or take maybe two weeks total for being sick. Drink in moderation maybe like a drink a night. Shit will buff out
>>
How do you dehydrate yourself for a shoot? Or any other tricks to look more vascular?
>>
>>41846897
I got a herniated disk while deadlifting

that is 100% what happened to you. Same pain sitting down and none while up. Mine was in my left side, you probably have L4-L5 herniated disk, that's what I had. had surgery 1 month ago today, if you have any questions I can help
>>
I can barely bench bar what do
>>
>>41858373
machines bench press and dumbbell bench press

don't forget shoulders and triceps as well
>>
>>41855967
bump
>>
Looking to move from a strict 5/3/1 routine to something with higher rep volume. Any starting points?
>>
I'm a loser with no friends who live in my town. How can I meet girls?
>>
>>41846897
sounds like Sciatica
>>
Started lifting a couple weeks ago.
Should I train legs (once a week) even though I have fat guy calves?
>>
>>41858536
>google PUA
>>
>>41858536
Interest clubs or sports teams.
Dating apps or sites
Get a job with potential to meet people
Take some classes

If you're really good looking you can try bars or clubs.
>>
File: IMG_1070.png (698KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1070.png
698KB, 750x1334px
How do I respond to this broad
>>
>>41846897
You are incredibly stupid, I would never wish back problems on anyone because I know they can completely ruin your life, but you deserved it after this. I really hope this isn't true, if it is, go see a doctor as soon as possible.
>>
>>41858724
This is the part where you ask her on a date. She implied she's open to meeting in person so don't hesitate, just ask. Include the activity, time, date, and location when asking.
>>
>>41858571
Yes. You're calves will grow slower than pretty much every other body part. Just because they're fat doesn't mean they're strong. Don't handicap your lower body over this insecurity.
>>
If in trying to be more trap like, should I take estrogen?

Not trying to transition full on.
>>
>>41858776
But she lives 60 miles away anon. Is the pussy worth it?
>>
File: 247.jpg (69KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
247.jpg
69KB, 500x370px
Rate my bicep workout during my Pull day

Standing Curls: 8 sets of 10 (4 sets inside grip, 4 sets outside grip)
Machine Curls: 4 sets of 10

Also, what are other GOAT bicep exercises?
>>
>>41848796
How did you get injured exactly? Falling? Straining? Just curious.
>>
>>41846803
Alright how do I make it with a pea shooter? 4 soft 6 hard.

My current plan is to get strong enough to just pick up whatever girl i'm with and jack hammer her
>>
>>41858805
I don't know but it's wise of you to avoid asking /lgbt/.
For starters, see how far into traphood you can possibly go without hrt.
>>
>>41848218
Not trying to be a dick but a pic would help e.g. for hairstyle, good hair for your face shape can often improve you 1 or 2 points for sure.
>>
>>41858807
That's up to you breh. For me no, I'll find someone much closer to me and twice as hot within a week. But you messaged her, so you must be interested. Maybe you should do it for the practice. Plus you have an easy out if she asks for something serious. "Well the distance makes me feel like I won't be able to maintain anything serious, but I'm up for staying casual or just being friends."
>>
>>41849661
Pushups
>>
>>41848218
There's some girl that you find attractive who also thinks you're attractive. You find her by forging a personality that allows you to openly communicate, form connections, and express your desires. In other words, develop a sick cunt personality. Lifting helps. So does going out and talking to people. I suggest reading Models by Mark Manson.
>>
>>41858819
Preacher curls with ez bar are fucking amazing. Ever since I tried it 2 weeks ago I've used it instead of regular dumbbell curls on my pull days. As for your routine, substituting one of those exercises for hammer curls should work well if you don't do those already.
>>
>>41848132
LDAR and/or go ER
>>
I have forearm splints I think. Sharp pain just above the wrist bone up to the mid forearm. I think it was from curls. I lowered the weight and tried gripping it tightly and slowly releasing it. It's still fucking me up, if I rotate my forearm in certain angles it hurts and now it's impacting other pull/push lifts and even annoyed me during squats.

Should I stop lifting completely until it heals?
>>
>>41855967
aromatase inhibitors can help
>>
>>41858045
Get wasted. Srs.
>>
File: 1495328977340.jpg (29KB, 577x435px) Image search: [Google]
1495328977340.jpg
29KB, 577x435px
Why do I feel small cracks in my lower back when squatting?

It doesn't hurt, just sound and feel something in my back.

Help pls
>>
I have a crippling fear of the outdoors due to some shit as a kid, and relapsing as a teen.
How big can I get in my own home.
I'm sick of how I look I'm way to bottom heavy and want to get rid of this muffin top.
Should I get an exersize bike or weights?
>>
Should I shower in the gym?
>>
How to keep your macros on point? Is weighing your food really worth it since its just chicken or an extra egg or two?
>>
>>41859952
Weigh your food until you can accurately eyeball entire meals and calculate calories (and macros) in your head – then, as long as you don't deviate from these meals, youre set.
>>
Is it important to work your joints just as much as it is to work your muscles? I heard this from a cross fitter so I wanted to know what you guys think
>>
I'm doing cardio for 45 minutes per day currently, am losing about .9 pounds per day (coming down from 25% bodyfat, currently 6'1 212.) I'm eating about 1500 calories/day, and burning a total of about 3300 calories/day.

I haven't noticed my pants get looser despite losing 11 pounds.

I've been instructed by a few anons to get a gym membership and lay off the heavy cardio. I'm gym retarded, but I have money to blow. Should I go for a gym membership and personal training? If I go with personal training, how many sessions should I buy? I was thinking 2/week for 1 month to get in the habit and familiarize with a few routines.

Any thoughts/advice besides watching videos on training?
>>
>>41857800
Yes

and yes.
>>
I'm 6'5" 230lbs, skinnyfat by /fit/ standards, eat a fuck load of meat and bread/pasta and I do 4x25 push ups a day. Should I be doing more push ups? How does this diet affect my body?
>>
>>41851202
you dont even know what kind of people goes to the gym
just sign up, start learning the exercises
ask the instructor for routines, tips, etc

on an average middle class gym people dgaf about anyone else
>>
>>41860672
Honestly, just work with a personal trainer. If you have the money there is almost no reason not to, he will make the transition to working out very easy for you. You'll learn how to do lifts properly with someone who can check your form, it's the best option unless you have a bro who lifts. Just pay for one session and then ask what your personal trainer recommends for a plan.
>>
I'm /fat/ and i still have 50 lbs more to lose, i've been doing a mix of cardio and a bro split recommended by the gym coach but i switch to a more ppl oriented routine, without the compound lifts.
My question is should i be doing compound lifts?
>>
>>41862565
Eat less bread and more fruits/vegetables. Find ways to progress your pushups like doing more sets, reps, or switching up the kind you do.
>>
>>41864147
absolutely, compound movements are a must. especially if you're new, your workout should be 80%+ compounds
>>
>>41848570
>>41848583
food hangovers are real
I started eating cleaner and now I notice the day after eating ice cream or pizza is so uncomfortable. I guess I was just used to it before, like you said.
>>
Is building muscle really 80% diet?
>>
>>41848218
Post pic so we can give tips for improvement/let us know if you're really FUBAR
>>
should i keep taking fish oil while recovering from tendinosis? i read that when it becomes tendinosis you shouldnt take anti inflams but idk
>>
>>41846803
Okay so I'm a lurker here forever, I am going to start my fit journey soon, I'll post pics when I do, but I want to know seriously why does every meme overhead press in the squat rack? I thought that's where you are supposed to squat and ohp.
>>
>>41846897
Is it a burning sensation along the belt line above the right glute? It might be your SI joint.
>>
I have vit D, fish oil, zinc and a multi. Can I take all of them after lunch or is there a better way?
>>
>>41864702
It is. It's a meme. Theoretically you can OHP anywhere, especially if it's lightweight, but if your gym is anything like mine moving a giant ass bar around just to leave the squat rack open doesn't make a lot of sense with the room limitations
>>
>>41848548
Thats the same advice Terry Crews gave in some interview that got me to start going.
>>
>>41864875
Just don't take a multi on an empty stomach. It won't absorb very well and it could cause nasuea
>>
>>41858831
get over your dick dysmorphia and stop watching porn
>>
>>41849672
strongerbyscience.com
>>
>>41854693
if you're making progress and enjoying training, I say don't fuck with it

You won't be "missing out on gains" that you can't get later if you change it up when you do stall

as far as what you laid out, it's kind of weird. You made saturday hell day and still only got 2x/week frequency for each lift
>>
How can I bulk better? Currently 6'3 180 and trying to get to 200 for football. Help plz
>>
im around 10% bf but still got a flabby chest. what do? i mostly do incline exercises, should i do more shoulder exercises?
>>
>>41857784
I cut and lifted until my bodyfat was under 15%, then slow bulked, then did a small cut again

Tho tbf I was chubbyfat more than skinny

If you are legit skinnyfat I would just run SS and fix your diet, probably around maintenance. Track macros, lower your sugar/shitty carb intake, up your protein intake

Get your squat to 3pl8 and your bench to 2pl8 and your body composition will be MUCH better (assuming you don't completely retard bulk)
>>
>>41857929
get greg nuckols 28 free programs and do 3x beginner bench

more volume, can still progress fast

great program to run after stalling on SS
>>
>>41859933
get a pullup bar and spend the rest on therapy for dat dere agoraphobia
>>
How do you meet quality 7/10 gf after college?

I work in a male dominated field (80%), and all the girls are married or uggos.

Also to keep fitness related, how do you make the jump from 15% body fat to 12% without doing intermittent fasting. I'm required to eat breakfast for my job (pilot).
>>
>>41846803
My abductors hurt when I squat, and I can't squat heavy because even tho my legs are fine, the abductors are killing me. Anybody got any advice ?
>>
>>41865965
I thought flight attendants were qtπ's
>>
>>41860672
that deficit is way too big.

Eat at -500 and lift

if you keep going this way you're just going to look like a slightly smaller version of the same chubby body

read starting strength and build some muscle
>>
>>41865834
do you track what you eat?
>>
File: F-16 Cockpit.jpg (612KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
F-16 Cockpit.jpg
612KB, 2560x1440px
>>41865975
I don't fly for airlines. Milfag.
>>
>>41846803
my lower back feels super sore after i squat. Usually after the 3rd set out of 5.

Is it bad form is or it support to feel like that? I try to think about my form.
>>
>>41851202
Get an instructor to teach you the correct form and focus on that before putting heavier weights.
Be constant, if you keep going for 2 years you will be ripped by normie standards.
>>
>>41866034
nah that's not normal. I mean a low bar squat is gonna put your lumbar erectors to work a bit, but I've never been super sore in the low back after squatting

do you have anterior pelvic tilt?
>>
>>41865923
Even if the weight still low af? Only at 190
>>
>>41866113
if you're stalling, you're stalling. No reason to stick to ss for bench if you're only progressing every 1.5weeks, that's not what the programs for
>>
File: 1495626616067.jpg (77KB, 705x696px) Image search: [Google]
1495626616067.jpg
77KB, 705x696px
I'm confused, mainly cause I am fucking retarded but

To calculate my TDEE, I put in the weight I want too be, set activity level to it's lowest setting and then subtract 500 from that final number to cut, and add 500 to bulk. Correct?

I'll drop a nice pepe for the inconvenience
>>
>>41866314
no, not at all

do you also put the height you want to be, manlet?

put your current height, weight, age, and an accurate activity level. That tells you how many calories you burn in a day.

then add/subtract for if you want to bulk/cut. Then eat that number of calories.
>>
I have a really weak frame, am not that tall (175cm) and really fucking skinny.

I'm in the same case as >>41848218 with an oval face and a small chin.

I'd like to gain weight and know how to look better.

I can post a pic if you guys want.
>>
>>41866314

You can do what this guy >>41866805 said, which is the more proper way to do it, but your way would work faster. You calculate your current TDEE based on your CURRENT weight, then typically subtract like 500 calories from that TDEE, and that's how many calories you eat per day. That results in 7x500=3500 calories cut per week, which comes out to about a pound of body fat. The lower your body weight typically, the lower your TDEE. So if you calculate the TDEE you'll have at your goal weight and then eat 500 calories under that, you'll be eating at more than a 500 calorie deficit, and so will be losing however much more than a single pound per week.
>>
How bad of an idea is it to do insanity max 30 first thing in the morning while fasting?
>>
File: 1495316811213.jpg (126KB, 527x559px) Image search: [Google]
1495316811213.jpg
126KB, 527x559px
>>41866988
>>41866805

>So if you calculate the TDEE you'll have at your goal weight and then eat 500 calories under that, you'll be eating at more than a 500 calorie deficit, and so will be losing however much more than a single pound per week

Oh fuck me that's true. Thank you for the help
>>
File: 1497812827780.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1497812827780.gif
2MB, 360x270px
Do I leave to study in a foreign country where I'll have to both study and work and even then might not be able to finish because of financial issues or stay at home? I already can't get back 2.5 grand since they took it as fees.

T. 21 year old with no degree
>>
What do I do and how should I approach starting lifting without worsening my lower back pain?
>>
How do I increase my dick size? I'm only 7 inches...
>>
File: 1494898070180.jpg (30KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494898070180.jpg
30KB, 640x360px
>>41866988
>>41867059
Wait, sorry. As I gain or lose weight, would I re adjust it so I could continue to lose weight until I'm healthier? Because http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/ is telling me I have a TDEE of 3,578 at 5'11 and 325 pounds. Even at 3,078 that would still but me at a thousand calories over the standard of 2,000.
>>
File: 1492733138863.jpg (15KB, 579x329px) Image search: [Google]
1492733138863.jpg
15KB, 579x329px
>>41858343
Not op, but I'm in a similar situation
>three months ago
>squatting with bad form tweak my back
>immobilized for a week, can't stand up straight without pain, probably sciatica,etc.
>go to the doc, they tell me to take it easy
>take a month off the gym to recover
>I work a physical job so probably no full recovery
>go back to the gym after a month, continue SS
>take it super slow on squat but back acts up once I get back to 185 3×5
>DL 250 1x5 this Saturday
>Monday morning feel sore and immobile, similar symptoms

Went to urgent care and get told the same stuff over again, more ibuprofen and some muscle relaxers for night. Have an appointment with a back specialist next week...

I have no idea what I'm gonna find out.

Am I fucked? What do I do without Squat/DL??
>>
>>41867104
wrong board
>>
>>41867147

If you're cutting your calories based on your CURRENT TDEE rather than the TDEE you'll have at your goal weight, then yes, you should periodically recalculate your TDEE as you lose weight. Maybe every ten pounds or so. 2,000 calores as a "standard" is completely meaningless for weight loss. It's just a nice round number they use on nutrition labels to show how many nutrients as a percentage of the recommended daily total you get out of the food. But no one but very slim women and children have a TDEE of 2,000 calories, so don't worry about that.

As a an extra tidbit, you'll be fine cutting at a 500 calorie a day deficit, but it'll be slow as hell, and typically much heavier people are fine cutting at more than 500/day. At 325 lbs, you would be perfectly fine and probably even do significantly better if you can manage to cut at a 1,000 calorie per day deficit. That'd give you 7x1000=7000 calories per week, or about 2 lbs per week. If you were to ask a doctor about weight loss, they would actually probably recommend this 1,000/day deficit for you, at least until your weight drops somewhere into the lower or mid 200s range.

Also, since it sounds like this is your first time losing weight, a little bit of extra advice: do not base your progress on daily or even weekly measurements of your weight. It will fluctuate somewhat significantly, especially as you are starting out, just due to water weight and some other factors. Weigh yourself like once a week, at the same time each day, probably in the morning after you've pooped and before you've eaten breakfast. Enter those weights in an Excel spreadsheet or any fitness app, and then graph them, and as long as you're being honest and accurate with how many calories you're eating and burning, the graph should start to show a steady, approximately constant rate of weight loss after two or three months.
>>
>>41866132
Ok thanks really starting to struggle everywhere honestly. Feel like I need more volume everywhere
>>
>>41857662
Ok son, I've done that for the past ten years and I take breaks occasionally and I'm fine. Just don't kill yourself lol
>>
Elbow pain, medial, when doing a skull crush/dip motion. Solution?
>>
>>41846803
Anyone got the chadthundercock vs anon meme?
Its the one where chad says he beat them up in highschool so he will beat them up now or someshit.
>>
>>41867815
I'd drop the skullcrushers since they've been known to cause triceps tendonitis for a lot of people and I'd add some more db curling if you aren't already doing a good amount
>>
>>41846803
Starting Strength+Accessories for virgin lifter? Or just stick with SS+good diet
>>
>>41867815

DB floor press instead
>>
back of my right knee hurts after I run. feels like it gets tight/swells up inside of the back of my knee?
any ideas what to do?
>>
>>41867135
you can't but 7 inches is perfectly fine.
>>
>>>/adv?
>>
>>41868619
you probably would be ok with some accessories added, but the simplest way to not fuck it up is to do it exactly as written, then mess with stuff later when you have a little experience

ss 3rd edition has chins anyway so combined with squat bench deadlift press powerclean, you're hitting pretty much everything on your body
>>
>>41868720
Go to a doctor, why risk it?
>>
File: Breakfast Club Dance.gif (529KB, 321x269px) Image search: [Google]
Breakfast Club Dance.gif
529KB, 321x269px
>>41868720

I had the same.

Go to a physiotherapist. It's most likely your running posture, putting strain on your knee.
>>
>>41868820
ok thanks
>>
Beginner back exercises doable with no equipment?
>>
>>41869016
pullups/chinups

I know you need a bar but cmon. they're cheap or go to a park/playground or something
>>
>>41869135
I'm currently trying to train to work my way up to pullups.
>>
>>41869154
negatives got me there
>>
>>41869179
pls spoonfeed beginner, what are those?
>>
>>41869154
Buy a pullup band, giant rubber band that you loop around the bar aND put your foot in for assist when you need it, handy for also going past failure once you can do a full number of sets
>>
>>41855967
Nothing but surgery, had it done probably at the time you made the comment. Getting the vest off Friday and ill post results later in a thread
>>
Whenever I work out I sweat a ton, noticeably more than most other people at the gym. No one's said anything about it but I feel like my crotch gets smelly from the sweat. Am I worrying too much about it or would using antibacterial soap like cetaphil instead of my usual body wash help?
>>
>>41868668
Did these just now. Love them. Thanks
>>
My posture and flexibility are fucked from 26 years of video games and office work. I want to start lifting, but I can barely shoulder the squat bar because of tightness in my shoulders. Should I just start squatting despite my form being inevitably shit, or what? I've googled some flexibility exercises, and I can't even do them properly.
>>
>>41869670
Talcom powder around your junk b4 you go lift keep it dry
>>
>>41870372
I'll try to find one that's unscented, thanks
>>
File: 1495632476165.png (657KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1495632476165.png
657KB, 633x758px
>>41867277
Thank you so much. You can't understand how much someone actually helping me for once means to me.
>>
So anons, really skinny guy here, 60 kg and 1,80m won't go to the gym because I'm I don't like the environment at my local gyms. Have a pair of 5 Kg weights at home. What can I do to atleast look decent to my upcoming vacations in September
>>
>>41869195
negatives are when you start at the top, either by jumping up or using a step, then slowly lower yourself down

scooby has a video about this on yt, think its how to get your first pullup or something like that

I started with negatives before I could do one, then bodyweight for a long time, now doing weighted
>>
I want to lose fat, without losing too much weight. What do? My ideal goal is to be at 170 lbs with 15% body fat. Currently eating at a deficit.

Did my first day of a low carb diet with intermittent fasting. I do cardio 5 times a week and calisthenics 3 times a week (no gym available at the moment).

Also, would it be wise to do mini cuts/bulks? How long should these mini sessions be? 6 weeks?
>>
I'm 5'8 and 180, mostly muscle and pretty normal body fat percentage. I recently got into lifting and fight training, and I see everywhere that I should be eating about 500 calories above maintenence to really build muscle. I'm positive I eat my maintenence every day (around 2000) and my protein in take is high, as the scale hasn't changed in the past 3 months of heavy working out and I see way more definition when looking in the mirror. Do I really have to cram more food down if what I've been eating satisfies me and I get more than enough protein? The way I've been doing it I look and feel better, but I'm worried that it will eventually plateau and I'll be forced to shovel down 3000 calories to continue muscle growth.
>>
>>41871649
Also, I'm 165 lbs and I'd say at most 20% BF

5'9.5
>>
>>41846803
my isp is limiting my access to 4chan.
wat do ?
it gives me access denied error and doesnt load images on proxy sites.
>>
>>41850914
The sticky is kill
>>
>>41855967
Damn, Will Friedle looks like THAT?
>>
File: cat_lecture.jpg (74KB, 540x701px) Image search: [Google]
cat_lecture.jpg
74KB, 540x701px
anyone in a div1 team? Does the college pay for your entire program/studies?
>>
>>41870662
>What can I do to atleast look decent to my upcoming vacations in September
Either lift progressively heavier weights and eat, (may take up to 2 years to look decent) or hop on gear
>>
Is flavor a factor in buying your protein powder? Double rich chocolate for optimum nutrition is 8 bucks cheaper than all the other flavors and I can only imagine it's because no one buys it due to the taste
>>
>>41871702
Also new (been lifting for 2 months) but it sounds like classic newbie gains.

From what I've read the first 4-6 months after you start lifting you can do nearly anything and get results,
including running a deficit (which is what it sounds like you're doing).

After that you'll start to plateau and things like proper nutrition will matter.
>>
Here's one none of you fags can answer. I've kept a journal of the calories I consume, and have been staying under 1,500 cal for three weeks now. I'm 195 so the max I can eat is 2,400. If I'm doing so good with my dieting and doing cardio twice daily, why the hell am I not seeing results? I'm still 195
>>
I've been using those calculators to find out how many calories I burn during a workout, and I'm not sure what they would consider intense. Today was deadlift/pull day so my workout was

RDL 3X10 (Warm up)

Diddly: 3x3 (70%, 80%, 90%+)

Machine rows 5x10 (the last set of all my accesories is a drop set burnout)

Leg Curls 5x10

Hamstring Curls 5x15

Barbell Rows 5x10

Leg Curls 5x10

Lat Pull Downs 5x15

All done over the course of about an hour and a half. Would you consider this an intense work out?
>>
>>41872075
Here's how you measure how many calories you burned from strength training.
You don't.
It literally burns fewer calories then power walking.
>>
>>41871729
Nevermind; I messaged him and he said he'd contact the site host.
>>
>>41846803
Can you minmax a McDonald's menu to mostly hit your macros?

I seriously need gains (130 lbs 5'11) and I'm about to start working there but I don't want to gain fat only
>>
1if I start doing nukols 2xbeginner bench do I do that while doing ss and just bench twice a week always? Or how does this work or do I combine the squat one with the others. Also 2x a week or 3x
This me
>>41857929
>>
>>41872118
Calories are calories. You just won't be as satiated from 500 calories of McDonalds as would from 500 cal of lean meat, rice, and veggies. But I would check and see if they would let you bring your own food from home. It can't hurt
>>
I'm 26 years old and need to stay with my parents for a month in between apartments. biggest concerns:

>dad's gonna make me do shit house work all day every day paint the fence stain the deck mix concrete etc etc
>mom's gonna always wanna chill constantly and mope around when I dont wanna play cards or watch some lifetime movie
>gonna feed me ice cream and five guys and pizza 24/7
>not gonna let me read my books in solitude
>gonna make me socialize with all of their old ass friends

i'm now realizing i'm probably just a shit son. I'm an only child too so there's pressure
>>
>>41846803
static stretching is a big fucking lie
>>
>>41872204
Well I live 5 minutes away from work so I could always eat home, the problem is that I'm not that hungry in the first place since I've been skelly for more than four years now so feeling less full might actually help me (and I'd save money too)
>>
File: pics.jpg (508KB, 639x1147px) Image search: [Google]
pics.jpg
508KB, 639x1147px
>>41864666
>>41858841
>>
File: my time here is ogre.jpg (6KB, 167x120px) Image search: [Google]
my time here is ogre.jpg
6KB, 167x120px
Is 28 too late to start working out? How will it affect my gains? Is it too late to reach my peak?
>>
>>41872486
Hell no man, even on this board there's plenty of stories of guys in theirs 30s and 40s who started.

The only time it's too late is when you're dead.
>>
>>41872486
I did a triathlon last year and a 72 year old man was keeping up with me?

I want to be that 72 year old man doing triathlons. Don't worry about it being too late
>>
How do I improve my kissing? I know I'm bad at it and it's a source of anxiety so it's sort of a catch-22 in that I don't do it well when it comes up. The girl I'm dating doesn't seem to mind because she just laughed and said we'd work on it but I have no sense of what to do in a prolonged kiss and I want to die.
>>
>>41872749
say you want her to teach you you fucktard,
>>
>>41872749
Use tongue, try biting her lip
Get drunk with her and just make out, you probably suck because you have too much inhibition
>>
My gf is getting fat, despite her version of dieting and working out. How can I help her lose weight? Make her do more cardio with me?
>>
I've been a skinny fat for years. I run and do all kinds of high intensity training and I've changed my diet slowly over 2-3 years. My body is super lean except for my torso and belly.
Nothing is working, any advice is welcome
>>
>>41851117
Underrated post
>>
File: splits.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
splits.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
Is this a good flexibility training?
I wanna get into stretching.
>>
Just started gyming about 5 weeks ago, and about to head overseas for a month.

My plan thus far was to just jog around areas I stop in and do some calisthenics, but what do I do about diet? I'll be between family and hotels so I have no idea how to track it.
>>
Any opinions about my workout? Should I change something?

Tuesday Thursday Saturday:

Bench Press 4x4

Bicep Curls 4x4

OHP 4 x 4

Lat Pulldown 4 x 4

Shrugs 4 x 4

Monday Wesnesday Friday:

Squats 4x4
Barbell Rows 4x4
Deadlift 4x4
>>
Do women care about a man's body?

I come from a third world country where all women are SAHM. I'll be getting an arranged marriage (not forced) in about 2 years. I've started working out recently and most men around me keep putting me down. I hear stuff like : Women don't care about looks, Women care about how well you can provide for them (I shit you not), etc.

Somebody please give me the redpill on this. I want my wife to be really happy physically. I got the money part covered but I want her to lust after me too. People around me say women don't do that at all and it is making me depressed. :(
>>
>>41875047
yes that is the first thing you should be able to do without training
>>
>>41875162
Women probably do care if you can provide for them, especially I'm the third world, but not like looking good is a negative, so keep lifting buddy.
>>
>>41872462
Lady here.. I think you look cute so don't be so hard on yourself.
>>
Anyone ever had chlamydia? How noticeable is the burning piss?

Shagged a rotter and first piss of the day burns a little and nobs a bit itchy.

Got a test booked for saturday but idk
>>
>>41875162
>lifting for women
>>
>>41855967

Letrozole might help
>>
File: g vs fit.jpg (191KB, 989x716px) Image search: [Google]
g vs fit.jpg
191KB, 989x716px
why is /fit/ so beta?
>>
>>41875486
I should learn to bench HTML+ quickly.
>>
>>41875162
I'm a woman but I really don't know how the mind of a woman from a 3rd world country works with that regards since I'm a liberal western hoe.

But sure having a fit body won't harm ya. For the normie dudes living in the Western world I'd defo advice to lift. In your situation the reality is that since the marriage is arranged, she'll mostly be looking for the financial gains. Not cause of the women are gold diggers meme, but cause I'm preassuming that in your culture women are dependent on men financially. Whereas I'm in a different situation and I don't care about guys' finances as long as he supports himself.

Good luck.
>>
>>41875326
Sounds like you got it. Or something else. Go get tested, if it's positive you'll be given antibiotics and you'll be over with it soon. Pls go get tested, take the meds if needed and use a rubber in the future. Take that as a lesson, okay?

Untreated STD's can harm your fertility and fucking multiple different partners without protection will put your future partners at greater risk for female cancers. I kid you not.

Also you might have an STD even without symptoms.
>>
One of my gym buds claimed to have read a study saying casein is bad for your brain, (as a theoretical physics major my brain is more important than gains)

Does anyone know anything about casein's affect on the brain?
>>
>>41851202
nobody cares if your'e a weak skelly, its the retards who quarter rep and use machines that get the piss taken out of
>>
>>41875751
>tfw to intelligent
>>
>>41851214
Nofap.
Noporn.
Notv.
Vegetables.
Pushups.
Sunlight.
Vitamin D.
Real sleep, try ZMA.
>>
>>41859940
depends
you can either bring a post workout shake with you or you shower at the gym
>>
>>41872176
Bump
>>
how do i remove callouses from my penis without using some kind of cheese-grater
>>
>>41848218
How did you realize
Deep down I know Im ugly byt my brain believes I might be a 6-7
Not that it matters but still I would like to know
>>
>>41875929
Why would ya remove the callous from your penor? It shows you're fucking girls on a regular basis and only gets them wetter when they see it.
>>
can't cook for shit, am skinny fat and want to start lifting ( do SL ) again

what can i cook for gains?
>>
>>41876051
I'm a virgin
>>
>>41876016
Friends (and some girls) call me ugly all the time, I used to think they were joking until they really went at it a few nights so I took a hard look at myself, realized I didn't look like I thought a did. I also realized if my luck with women is anything to go by, I'm nothing close to a 6-7

Also got rated 4/10 on /soc/ where they rate everyone 8/10, so that says something.

>>41875311
Th-thanks
Thread posts: 230
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.