[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get back into lifting? Its been years and I loath it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: sad.jpg (8KB, 208x242px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
8KB, 208x242px
How do I get back into lifting? Its been years and I loath it so much now, i hate every second of lifting. it feels painful to do and I don't enjoy it anymore
Please help, I used to love doing it but now I just can't and I really really want to get back into it
>>
File: IMG_5267.jpg (85KB, 368x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5267.jpg
85KB, 368x600px
>>41846292
>>
You lift.

Glad I could help.
>>
>>41846314

Maybe the fucking sticky should work, then. It doesn't load for me.
>>
>>41846292
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
>>
>>41846335
http://4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki/Harsh%27s_Worksheet_(WIP)
>>
Find a new program instead of the same old shit you used to do. Strongman, oly, powerlifting, bodybuilding, who cares. Just find something new and fun
>>
>>41846292
Well theres no point in doing it if you dont enjoy it, in terms of exercise a lit is better than nothing so biking walking playing frisbee whatever as long as you stay active
>>
Only thing that keeps me going is to see progress. Try lifting with a mirror nearby. After a couple sets when I have my pump on and look pretty jacked I get a rush and reminds me why I am doing this.
>>
>>41846292
You sound like you're deficient in Magnesium or something.
>>
>>41846314
i know how to lift. i know diet too.
I used to browse here back in the zyzz days back when there was quality tripfags too.
but i've gotten lost on the trail.
I didn't really make it bros
>>
>>41846292
OP

I've been were you are and I decided to start today, man I've been losing it but I'm going to give it a try an honest try and get in the gym 3-4 days a week

I hope you come to the same conclusion, I've been in so much pain recently its time to go back

The pain doesn't have to last, you can fight in the gym
>>
>>41846387
Damn, bro

We sound like the same person

As one guy struggling to get back to living again take it from me you have to do it since nobody else controls your life

We will both make it. but we start today
>>
>>41846387
Oh . This is a mental health thread
>>
>>41846405
Being depressed just means you are a beta loser its ok i have been there to nothing other to do than to man up and do the things honnestly unntil that enjoy your crippling depression
>>
>As with everything in life, find out why and get a deeper reason to do it.
>Research the (health) benefits, both scientific and anecdotal/subjective ones.
>Read/listen everything topic related that's worth your time (there always is), immerse yourself and live it.
>Special dates can be (very) good, like a birthday or entering a new chapter w/e. Not that bad if you fall back once or twice again, the important thing is the intent.
>Keep remembering / visualizing the alternative (here your physically decadent state) right now or in the future.
>Again: Magnesium
At least that's how I do/did it (successfully).
>>
Zyzz the legacy
>>
I'll follow your advice anons
just shia'ing it
changing from old style workout routine
doing exercise if anything
focus on progress
magnesium

>>41846405
and it isn't necessarily about feels, its kinda both really. if you got recommendations throw them my way.

>>41846390
>>41846400
we can still do good and improve ourselves, not too late..
I guess I need more support structures and friends and acquaintances to back up on when i start to lose sight of my goals. maybe fit can be part of that again
Do you guys still have motivational threads?
>>
>>41846543
this sounds like overall great advice. thanks
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.