[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do chinups build wide lats?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1393.jpg (87KB, 724x1143px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1393.jpg
87KB, 724x1143px
Do chinups build wide lats?
>>
Hey! Stop posting retard
>>
so
>>
no. chinups are a bicep isolation exercise
>>
I don't know
>>
I don't know
>>
>>41844141
pull ups do it better fag
>>
I don't know
>>
Could you repeat that question?
>>
>>41844141
Can you repeat the question?
>>
>>41844141
We must do a RCT
>>
yes
no
maybe
no idea
>>
>>41844141
No. Do squats and deadlifts for a wide back.
>>
Yes.
Though pull-ups are probably a little better for it.
Any overhead pulling movement will build the lats.
>>
No, your genetically determined skeletal structure and muscle insertions do.
>>
>>41844141
Yes, even better than wide grip pullups. They give the same amount lat activation over a wider range of motion but you can most likely do more reps. An additional benefit is, if you do them weighted and keep the reps low, they will also activate your biceps to a significant degree.
>>
>>41844141
Oh yeah big time brah. They also build big ass bis my man.
>>
>>41844141
That's some good form.

Remember even with chin ups you want to make sure you pull your shoulders back and down.
>>
>>41844765
I mean I honestly wouldn't worry too much since you literally can't do the movement without using your lats.
>>
>>41844515
get out
>>
Why would you ever do chin ups instead of pull ups (as in palms out)? If you want bicep work, why not just curl?
>>
>>41844141
Pull ups are better for lats. If you do them correctly, that is.
>>
>>41844744
Kill yourself. Your post personality is cancer.
>>
>>41844900
chin ups > curls for biceps
>>
Where does neutral grip fall in the chin up/pull up spectrum?
>>
>>41844991
uses more forearm and lat and less teres major and bicep
>>
>>41844972
Why?
>>
>>41844966
Your not the boss of me now.
>>
>>41844141

EMG based studies show there is minimal difference between parallel bar pullups, regular pullups and chinups when it comes to the recruitment of the arms.
>>
>>41844141
in my experience pullups build the top part of your lats that connect to your armpit and chin ups build the part below, otherwise known as your mid/lower wing part.
>>
>>41844912
>>41844515
>>41844520
no. you can do more weight with chin-ups because they put your biceps in a stronger position, therefore allowing you to use your lats without your bis wearing out first. The biceps are weak and small, therefore you should put them in the strongest position possible. Dorian Yates talks about this in his lat pulldown discussion, and his back is way bigger than any of you retards.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.