[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work out routine suggestions please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1497725565161.png (971KB, 656x740px) Image search: [Google]
1497725565161.png
971KB, 656x740px
Anon (pic related) posted this on another thread but vanished. I'm quite new to this and would like to know what kind of workout routine/daily calorie intake is needed to achieve this sort of look? I've just finished college so have loads of free time. I have a pull up bar, a bench press unit and a 100lb dumbbell set. Help would be much appreciated!
>>
>>41842597
lift big eat big cut big
>>
File: 1477939197507.gif (2MB, 204x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477939197507.gif
2MB, 204x360px
>>41842597
read sticky

>what kind of workout routine
for a beginner it doesn't matter. all that matters is that you are consistent. start with either SS (pure strength) or Candito linear (strength/hypertrophy). if you pick SS you will get strong very fast but won't build much muscle. with candito the progress will be slower but you will build much more muscle since it has lots of accessory work in it.

if you care about LOOKS more than you do about STRENGTH pick candito linear as your starting program, otherwise SS. if you piick SS read the book and don't forget to also do chinups, dips (if you can), curls, and lying tricep extensions.

once you stall you reduce the weight by around 10% and try to continue. when you stall for the 3rd time you're done with beginner routines. don't waste your time on them. almost everyone spends too much time on beginner routines. don't be that guy and switch to intermediate one once that happens. if you don't you are just wasting your time.

there are tons of intermediate routines but from the top of my head

>candito 6 week (strength/hypertrophy)
>the journey (strength/hypertrophy)
>26 free (many variations)
>clutz intermediate
>texas method (amazing for squat/deadlift but sucks for upper body)

>daily calorie intake
varies wildly from person to person. height/weight/activity all plays a role. calculate your TDEE and eat around 250-300 above to slowly gain muscle.

if you are over 15% bf cut down to around 12% first before you start to bulk. once you bulk never go above 15-18%. then just repeat the process. of cutting and slow bulking. do some cardio after lifting to minimize fat gain and you can virtually bulk for entire year before you have to cut.

when you cut never lose more than 1% of your BW per week. 0.7% if optimal if you want to retain most of your strength.

you don't need supplements. all you need is clean food (cut soda and garbage or minimize it to 1x/week) and SLEEP. 9-10h of sleep is NECESSARY for good progress.
>>
>>41842807
Cheers anon, but I was wondering more along the lines of actual exercises to incorporate into a workout routine. As i said, im pretty new to this all so amy pointers would be appreciated
>>
Mods ban these retarded threads when?
>>
>>41842837
Perfect, many thanks!
>>
do the reddit PPL, if you're skinny then eat 500kcal above your TDEE - (google a calculator to work this out) and eat 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight you have
>>
File: OUcEY.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
OUcEY.png
47KB, 547x465px
>>41842837
>Seperating strength and hypertrophy for a beginner
Fuck off
>>41842597
1) read the sticky. Not joking. Read the whole thing, even the sections you think don't apply to you, top to bottom
2) read the Starting strength book. Same as above.
3) do pic related. Simpler (a press, a leg and a pull lift every day), more balanced (better squat/deadlift ratio, a small amount of autoregulation in the form of AMRAP sets) and more novice friendly (no cleans) than Starting strength while adhering to the same no bullshit principles
4) eat more lentils
>>
>>41842983
>>41843039
Cheers guys. I'm 6 ft and about 150lbs so I'm on the skinny side. I'll get stuck into this. Again, I honestly apprecoate the help
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.