[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth having keeping my beater bar when I buy a better bar?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: CGHgdhwWUAAPYlz.png (686KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
CGHgdhwWUAAPYlz.png
686KB, 600x601px
I've got a Rogue Beater Bar in relatively good shape (got it cheap a while back,) and I'm going to be purchasing a bar for training the olympic lifts. Probably nothing fancy, but is it worth keeping the beater bar around for squats, etc.? The place I'm probably going to buy the olympic bar from will offer me some trade-in value for the beater, hence the question.
>>
>>41842449
Why have I seen so many of these photos? Is this just an asian thing where you finish your daily work and decide to stack bars on the newbie? Does this align the weightlifting chakras? How many bars can he hold? I need to know OP.
>>
Will you use your old bar after getting a new one? This should easily answer your question.
>>
>>41842483

Mohamed Ihab (Ehab?) - he's an Egyptian lifter who posts all sorts of weirdness on his instagram.
>>
If the old bar doesn't spin, it will just feel awful after you get an olympic bar that spins. Its so much better to do even front squats with that.
>>
>>41842499

It's a 31mm bar, and I've got tiny, Trumpian hands. I'm getting a 28mm bar, and I'm assuming that I might just use it for everything. I'm not moving a lot of weight, so I'm assuming it's not going to fuck it up, but I'm curious if people find it helpful to have a bar they don't really give a shit about in addition to a nicer bar.
>>
>>41842537

Dude looks like the arab version of jujimufu
Would be bros with, even if he is a manlet
>>
>>41842449
Keep it, you can use it to perform different lifts without having to deload and reload the bar. You can have one for rack/bench workouts, and one for floor workouts. And depending on how many played you have you can have one already loaded for your next set.
>>
>>41842449
use it for rack pulls
>>
>>41842558

If you have the space to keep multiple bars, have at least one decent bar without center knurling and one with.

The first would obviously be better for oly, should have more whip, and possibly a thinner bar. The other would be the opposite, for B/S/D. Once you put enough weight on the the bar to cause deflection during movement due to momentum you're going to feel the difference. By the time you get heavy enough to see static deflection you're going to need multiple bars no matter what
>>
>>41842449
Rack pulls maybe depending on what you pull from. Can't really think of any other exercise that could fuck up your bar.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.