[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain why hotels have some really bad gyms? i'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Can someone explain why hotels have some really bad gyms?

i'm in one and all they have is yoga mats, treadmills, weights up to a whopping 5 pounds and this monstrosity that i don't even want to get close to.
>>
>>41837994
It's so that they can say that they have a gym on hotels.com etc without actually having a gym.
>>
Because they are designed for normies who want to 'walk' on the threadmill for 30 minutes with 5 minute pauses in between and a few yoga moves and then tell their friends they 'hit the gym'

Literally 99% of the people who get in there will be like that, so it makes sense to not invest heavily into making it a gym for people who seriously lift
>>
>>41837994
gym people don't design them
>>
>>41837994
What the fuck is that machine on the left?
>>
>>41838031
Looks like an old cable-pull machine. There are gray handles on the cables that (I imagine) slide up and down, so you can set the weight, grab a handle, and pull.
>>
Im in a hotel atm the equipment consists of:

DB's up to 20kg
Benchpress
Leg extension
Leg press
Ez curl bar
Lat pull
Cable row
More cables
Cardio equipment

While it isnt perfect its actually okay.

Stop being poor and pay for a hotel with an actual gym.
>>
>>41837994

It's just so they can advertise that they have gym facilities so they can appeal to normies who daydream that they might be motivated enough to gym on a holiday.

This makes normies feel good about themselves, so they book the hotel, don't go to the gym and are none the wiser that the facilities are shit.
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15KB, 300x300px)
2dd.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>41837994
>going to friend's wedding in greece on september
>will have to rely on hotel gym for 2 sessions
>then my friend is driving down from bulgaria to pick me up and we're going to travel around the country for 5 days
>>
>>41837994
Member of a hotel gym - only one in area.

Full free weight area. Dumbells up to 50kg (110lb), more than enough oly bars and plates to reach 4 pl8 deadlift, decent cable station, plenty of benches. Machines are in a separate area and cardio is on a separate floor, so never have to mix with old people. Membership mainly consists of old/middle aged people too, so often get the place to myself.

Downside is a smith not a squat rack, and various 18 year olds who make a fucking mess everywhere because mommy and daddy pay their membership and haven't taught them to clean up after themselves.
>>
>>41838526
You must be pretty dyel if you are worried about losing a week in the gym, especially while your on holidays. Get over it
>>
>>41838011
>this is correct
>>
my hotel gym while i was working in the middle east:

>3x treadmills, one is slightly broken and makes a terrible screeching noise if you go above 10kph
>tfw people do it anyway and just put headphones in
>a stationary bike, but one of those where they have a big flywheel and brushes to add resistance, the brushes are worn down so there is basically zero resistance, I see fat women lazily circling the pedals while on their phones and probably bragging to their friends they're working out all the time
>a bench press rack, which is actually ok, but the weights are in odd numbers (presumably some got lost/stolen) so i often have to load up 20s on one side and 2x10s on the other or something, also run out of 10s so have to use 4x5s as well, shit is impossible to lift evenly
>a huge pile of yoga mats and those tiny weight mini-barbells that never get used
>3 huge balance balls that also never get used except by the teenagers who just use the gym to sit around on the balls and use their phones while playing shitty music loudly and laughing
>water dispenser and vending machines which see more action than the rest of the gym combined
>an actual sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, working and in good condition with free towels, which i would use, if it wasn't full of fat hairy arab men 24/7
>finally an honest to god power rack, looks like they bought it from some old man's gym in the 80s, still got everything there in good condition and works great, except the only olympic barbell is kind of broken and again there are very few plates to put on it so i can never lift anything above 80kg or so, not to mention you get looks from literally everyone there if you put anything remotely resembling effort into your workout
i can't wait to go home and use my normal gym again.
>>
>>41837994
Because people "working out" in a hotel gym are looking for pussy or dick.
>>
>people complaining about shitty hotel gyms
>not just using it as a chance to do some dank body weight exercise out where stacy can see

>no impressing them with low tier shit which you can easily do and slaying the puss
>>
I figured it was some sort of liability issue.

Like, if they only have machines, you could only injure yourself by being a complete retard.

If some kids find a way to drop free weights on themselves, then that'd be a huge pain in the ass to have Mizz Mom coming in screaming her head off, and threatening to sue.
>>
>>41839476
this is the main reason, yes. same reason lots of gyms prioritise machines over free weights, because they don;t want uninitiated people doing stupid things with weights and hurting themselves.

also because you don't need to spend as much time cleaning and tidying a gym if it's all static machines. we have a cleaner lady at my gym who is tasked with putting the weights back in the racks, i usually give her a hand because she can barely lift some of them.
>>
>>41839515
>Tfw you forget to tip the weight reracker

I can't even show my face in my gym anymore
>>
barbells take a lot space and time to use and re-rack. I don't think they want employees to spend it shagging plates like golf balls.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.