[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Workout schedule constantly interrupted by parents. Advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

To start, I love them with all my heart. But before I finished the semester at my university, I was going to the gym every other day. Now I struggle to stick with it because they're constantly asking me to do things for them that normally wouldn't take much time, but for them it does. My dad's mostly the one that declares I'm going to do something out of nowhere like painting the house or going out shopping with them and hours can go by. My me time is just cucked. How do you all handle it?

>155 lbs
>5' 7"
>20 years old
>I'll post a picture later when I get the chance.
>>
I should be asking for experiences rather than advice on how to handle it.
>>
>>41824387
>5'7

lmao. Just workout after you say you're going to bed but your story seems cucked
>>
>5'7

Just kill yourself honestly
>>
>>41824387
>"Sorry I'm going to the gym now, I'll do it when I get home"
There you go
>>
>>41824648
Oho, original.
>>
The real answer is that you have a set routine that you follow each week and you let them know what days your workouts fall on, and then you go and do the workouts on those days, and if they try to stop you go anyway and deal with them adult to adult, which despite being 20 and still living at home, you still are. Don't hold other peple accountable for you lack of authority over your own life.
>>
When I went to college I got internships in random cities every year, even after my freshman year, solely so I wouldn't have to move back in with my parents.
>>
>>41824387
>>5' 7"
>>20 years old
>>
1. Get up early enough that you can knock out a lifting session before they start asking you to do things.

or

2. Put your foot down and tell them not to override your gym time.

I'd go with option one. Less conflict, which in itself is tiresome and sucks up more time/energy, and also gets you up and taking on the day earlier.
>>
>>41824756
Is your day job being a cunt? Because you're really good at it.
>>
>>41824387
If they're just thoughless about your own routine, just talk to them e.g. "Sorry, I'm working out at the moment. How about we work out a time to go <paint house / shopping / whatever> tomorrow?" and be firm about setting boundries around your own time. Chances are they're still in "little kid parenting mode" mentally and think you need to be directed or you'll just spend your time fucking around / being destructive.

If they're more like the gains goblin or mom-science types ("I don't want anon to get huge and gross like those bodybuilders!" or "I don't want anon falling in with the wrong crowd and doing steroids!") then just work on moving out, you can't reason with these people.
>>
>>41824387
>or going out shopping with them
Who the fuck does this? What's the point?
>>
>>41826437
Rude
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.