[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meal replacement on a budget

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: HMR800box.png (245KB, 595x288px) Image search: [Google]
HMR800box.png
245KB, 595x288px
Anyone know of meal replacement shakes that are at least as nutritionally complete as HMR shakes, but cost less?

I have past experience with HMR, and they are good, but a bit too pricy.
>>
>160 calories
Couldn't you just "meal replace" this with 2 glasses of milk? Or even a protein shake (oats, banana, etc)? What am I missing OP?
>>
>160 KCAL
>>
>>41823940
>>41823968
Yeah I know. I know /fit doesn't approve, but I need to go on a low cal diet. It's the plan that hospitals put fat fucks like myself on to lose weight before we collapse into a singularity.

Insurance doesn't cover the shakes, so I was hoping someone knew of a nutritionally comparable, but cheaper option.
>>
>>41824016
So basically fasting with micronutrients + adequate protein?
>>
>>41824223
More or less. 5 (or up to a few more) shakes a day, the vitamin supplement it comes with, and plenty of water, for up to three months, then move on to a sensible diet with real food.

Their research suggests that the rapid weight loss at the outset leads to better long term success in changing eating habits for good. Also, not eating any variety sorta resets your tastebuds (since you're not shoveling sugar and fat down your gullet non-stop), making it easier to pick up with healthier foods as opposed to going straight from fast food and comfort foods to a healthy diet.

Personally, I have health issues besides the morbid obesity that makes it impractical to get any decent exercise without injuring myself. I know people and have family members who had excellent success this way. I unofficially (ie without medical supervision) followed along with the diet myself for a time, but half-assed it and gave up. Now I'm at a point where I need to lose weight or I'll probably be dead within three years, and stand no chance of correcting my other health issues that are making my life not worth living besides.

So yeah, not the ideal diet plan, but it's the best option given my circumstances and with taking past experiences into account.
>>
File: 14504416.jpg (56KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
14504416.jpg
56KB, 520x520px
>>41823909
This is good for body
>>
What was the consensus on soylent? There's threads in it every few months, but it never looks like anything conclusive beyond the fact that all meal replacements make you look like a ridiculous sperg.
>>
>>41823909
S O Y L E N T
>>
>>41826108
You answered it yourself, there's no consensus.

It works fine for me. People have problems with replacing food because "food tastes so gud" but I don't really give a shit.
>>
Slim fast powder mixed with 300mls of whole milk is like 300ish cals. I do one for breakfast and lunch then a nornal meal for dinner.

Lost 140lbs this way and it's fairly cheap
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.