[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (405KB, 748x386px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
405KB, 748x386px
Are planks a meme?
>>
>>41819688
Yes
>>
>>41819688
yes, if you do them unweighted for long periods of time.
But no matter waht you do they will be impossible to propperly load after some time.
>>
nothing wrong with them, just boring as fuck to do.
>>
>>41819688
Do them.
>>
>>41819701
define "long periods of time"
I used to do 1minute 1 legged planks alternating but I stopped since it was boring as fuck

now I do 10reps of bar knee raises
>>
>>41819688
fuck no they aren't
>>
>>41819688
the long lever poster pelvic tilt version are very effective. regular planks are weak as fuck.
>>
>>41819795
anything above 20 seconds is a waste. If youre doing it for strength then treat it as a strength exercise. between 5-20 seconds. And you stop when you cant maintain a neutral spine.
>>
>>41819816
>>anything above 20 seconds is a waste.

Nonsense. Hold it for ten minutes see if your core can handle it.
>>
>>41819848
If you think 10 minute static holds are good for strength then maybe you should learn the difference between the anarobic and the aerobic system.

Doing 10 minute planks wont do anything for you, strength wise, unless youre untrained. The same way a marathon wont get your squat numbers up.
>>
>>41819814
Thanks for this

Just tried and I'm probably squeezing my glutes too much, but they seem to be legit
>>
>>41819688
No planks are amazing.

Start with 1 minute plank every day and add 10 seconds to your plank every 3 days. Simple as that, your welcome senpai.
>>
>>41819814
>long lever poster pelvic tilt version
hollow body hold?
>>
yes
start doing dragon flags
>>
>>41819885
I care about both strength and fitness. I thought everyone did.
>>
>>41819688
>meme

try holding a plank for 8 hours straight like this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YKmR5K6Qrc
>>
>>41820109
That wasnt the topic. The topic was how planks should be done for strength and muscle gain. Then you try to derail it with something else.
And please elaborate on how doing 10 minute planks will make you fit. There are TONS of other exercises that has a better carryover to athletic performance.
>>
>>41820310
>that wasn't the topic

The topic was "are planks a meme"
>>
>>41820380
yes, the thread topic is "are planks a meme", but i described how it should be used for strength. In which you started talking about 10 minute holds. Which is not about strength.
So lease eloborate on how 10 minute hodls are good for strength and how 10 minute holds will make you fit.

Just because you can do it and feel proud about it, doesnt mean its a good standard for anything except how long you can hold a plank. I were talking about how it should be done for strength gain. Then you start mumbling about something completely irrelevant.
>>
Planks are fine, but there are many better core exercises.
>>
>>41819688
They are the best beginner core strengthening exercise. Once you can do it for longer than a minute though, then they become kind of pointless.
>>
File: 1478642612878.png (284KB, 635x543px) Image search: [Google]
1478642612878.png
284KB, 635x543px
>>41819688
yes, use a ab wheel instead cheap and "fun"
>>
>>41820380
> digressing this hard
Stop if you have nothing of substance to say
>>
>>41819885
The transverse abdominal can only be trained through isometric contractions. A stronger deep core means better transfer of loads between your upper and lower body. This is beneficial for anyone looking to get stronger.
>>
>>41822240
What other core exercise can you do anywhere and anytime without equipment?
>>
Theyre great for for extra core work.
Once I started incorporating them my squat and deadlift started feeling way better

When I have A gym partner I do 3 sets of 30-60 second with 2 45 pound plates on my back
>>
Try a RKC plank for strength.
>>
File: autism - it's a curse.jpg (8KB, 246x184px) Image search: [Google]
autism - it's a curse.jpg
8KB, 246x184px
>>41820427
you sound like a person that doesnt have much social interaction on your everyday life
>>
>>41819688
Do cable crunches and be done with it.

All you really need to be fit is hill sprints, dips, and pull-ups. Everything else is extra bullshit
>>
>>41825720
Why would you target your triceps with dips instead of doing the compound exercise called push-ups?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.