[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Critique my Army training program/prep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: RlJGuS.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
RlJGuS.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
I'm heading into the army in about one and a half month. Mostly what the first three months consists of is carrying heavy bags through forests.

I have this little daily program planned out.
Carry a 20kg bag 4km and stop halfway to do some push ups, fast runs and some situps. I'll be putting more weight in the rucksack every week.

On top of this i'll lift aswell 2-3 times a week.

Is this good? or am i overdoing it? What can i change to get that nice military core?
>>
>>41818506
stop rucking month before joining to let your joints regenerate.

swim, run, if you can do obstacle courses

do low rep weighted calisthenics (plate/other weight on back pushups, weighted pullups, weighted decline situps) - do high reps unweighted 2 weeks before joining
>>
>>41818564
That only leaves me with about 10-15 days of rucking left, isnt that too little to have an impact, i started rucking yesterday so
>>
>>41818506

What are your run times and how are your calisthenics numbers? Are you going for a job that requires a swim time?
>>
>>41818789
I usually run about 2.5 km in about 14 minutes. I can go faster but that's my baseline. I dont really know about my calisthenics.

After the basic military training i'll be joining the so called "jägarsoldat" company. Basically behind enemy lines forest/arctic warfare. So no swimming. But i usually swim around half a km after every lifting session.
>>
>>41818808

At this point, I would just go on a longer ruck once a week, and just focus on slightly improving my run and cal numbers.

Do some 400m repeats if you aren't, and also include one or two LSD runs per week. Definitely keep up the swimming, gives your body some time to decompress and it's low impact while still giving you cardio/muscular gains; especially if you're using freestyle or breast stroke.

I think you're gonna make it.
>>
>>41818808

Oh and one week before you ship, stop training. Rest, stretch, hydrate, enjoy your remaining time with friends and family. And for fuck's sake get laid man.
>>
File: 1496087798015.jpg (36KB, 419x400px) Image search: [Google]
1496087798015.jpg
36KB, 419x400px
>>41818845
>>41818854
Thanks for the advice, sounds about right. Few questions though.
What exactly do you mean by 400m repeats?
Wth is an LSD run?
How far do you recommend i ruck and at what weight?
How the hell do i get laid?
>>
>14 min 2.5km
I don't know how competitive the "jägarsoldat" are, but your run time is shit. Unless the swedish military is a complete joke, you should expect to get your ass handed to you.

Also, what pace are you rucking at? When the military marches, they do it at quite a fast pace, it is not simply a walk.

Given the tiny amount of time you have, I would say you should put your energy into running. Running carries over to rucking very well and will make your military life much easier. Do NOT ruck every day like your plan says. Find a 2.5km or 5km running plan online and stick with it. Good luck, you should have started preparing at least a year ago for this.
>>
>>41819003
Also to add to this, how do you not know about your calisthenics? The military is almost entirely running and calisthenics. Do you have any idea what you're signing up for?
>>
File: 1440544050951.jpg (27KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1440544050951.jpg
27KB, 640x640px
>>41819003
>>41819034
I know damn well im shit, I got a 6/9 in running, and a 7/9 in muscle in the tests. I'm ashamed i didn't start earlier. But because our country is filled with feminists and pussies im above normal. However im aiming for the top in about 4 years. I'm going full on bad muthafucka SOG, basically navy seal. And i'm gonna work until i die to make it.

Atm i would not last a minute in BUD/S, I'm aiming for full completion by the time im 22.

I'm just trying to make the best of what i got (6 weeks before i join)
>>
>>41819167
To clarify i got a 6/9 in running and 7/9 in muscle in the tests you have to do when you join the swedish army. I didn't get the score to be a "jägarsoldat". So i'll start out as a korporal.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.