[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know what I think I just realised lads? Being overweight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1496314364133.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1496314364133.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
You know what I think I just realised lads? Being overweight is the cause of pretty much every child's problems.

>get bullied at school
>get laughed at by girls or just too self conscious to talk to them
>excess fat leads to hormone imbalances; small dick and mantits
>also triggers mood swings ala women
>triggers emotional eating disorders, which are enabled by parents or others with poor diet
>lack of friends means indoor hobbies
>indoor hobbies mean no social interaction and/or exercise
>health problems such as asthma, aching joints, etc
>even losing the weight causes loose skin at the best

Childhood obesity should be illegal. Most of us never stood a chance at life, simply because our parent(s) were (are) ignorant.

>inb4 priveleged white first world etc
I'm not complaining, per say, I'm just saying childhood obesity should be illegal so there is a lot less of it. If parents at the very least were told "If your child is over X weight at Y height, they will be taken into state care and you will be fined $$$" then they would actually put some effort into controlling their children's eating habits, portion sizes, etc instead of lol cake shuts him up here's some cake youre big boned lol
>>
>>41817062
Even when I was a kid (I'm not talking about today's HAES trend), obesity's definition on a medical level was very loose. Based solely on your BMI, you could be a skinnyfat-to-fatass and still fall on the standard range. Unless it becomes somewhat morbid or unhealthy it is difficult to take into legislation with medical aproval. I was a fat kid but I was healthy BMI wise, and thus, my parents never got to correct my diet (and I was accused of being anorexic every time I talked about losing weight).
>>
>>41817062

I've been through pretty much all of this. Thankfully a good friend dragged my ass into the gym at 17, so i could correct at least a bit of the damage.
>>
>>41817121
this, parents are retarded when it comes to physical activity
>>
File: 1473792693926.jpg (41KB, 680x793px) Image search: [Google]
1473792693926.jpg
41KB, 680x793px
>>41817121
>hambeasts accuse young skinnyfat child of being anorexic when it wants to lose weight

CHAIN THEM TO UNSTOPPABLE THREADMILLS FOR HOURS REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
The fatties were the bullies at my school.
>>
>>41817370
Irony here is that my parents weren't even fat (I was in worst shape than them). My own interpretation of this is what in psychoanalythic theory is known as castration complex by the mother that, in short, is to obstaculize the son for taking control over its own body (and thus, the parent maintaining full control over him, as a property). That, plus the believe that food=health=happiness I think are the strongest factors in childhood obesity, and I don't think they're taken into account in any media.
>>
File: IMG_3500.jpg (25KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3500.jpg
25KB, 852x480px
>>41817062
had all of this happen to me, and the worst part was my dad knowingly allowed it to happen.

>dad was in great shape back in the day
>total stud, has stories and proof of him banging multiple moms from my elementary school back in the 90s
>knew 40 years ago all the shit we talk about here regarding girls and being attractive
>watched me grow up and slowly turn into an awkward overweight faggot, never tried to stop the train
>tried talking to him about girls at 12, he teased me about it which (unintentionally) made me never discuss it with him again my entire childhood
>ended up figuring it all out myself during senior year of college, lose the weight and get fit over the course of 3 years
>room in a house with 4 dudes after college, learn more about how to be a man (no homo) in 2 years than I had in the previous 20
>so much lost time

I know he loves me and cares about me, he's been there for me countless times and I know he's a good man, but in terms of being a good father figure to a son he failed. To his credit he admitted as such after I got in shape, and now we shit-talk and talk about chicks and conquests the way we should have been doing over a decade ago.
>>
>>41817062
>Implying you would value health, diet, and exercise the way you do today if you had grown up being forced to do it by parents and authority

You might be skinny when you lived in your parents home, but if you hadn't been bullied and forced to suffer, you wouldn't have developed your current dedication and personal commitment.

Your proposition of "just forced everyone to do it" isn't some unilateral good thing, and is instead a trade off. In particular, you'd be trading off dedication, commitment, and drive for a more social childhood and decreased autism. And can you really say this trade-off is worth it for everyone?
>>
File: Perfectly_Calm.jpg (8KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Perfectly_Calm.jpg
8KB, 150x150px
>>41817062
Pretty much OP. I wont allow my kids to get fat even if it were to kill me. Obesity in childhood is just one fucked up circle. No child is strong enough mentally to actually diet on its own. And every time he gets bullied/depressed he will turn to stuffing his face with sweets.

Fuck everyone who lets their kids get fat.

t. former fat kid
>>
>kid of 2 hamplanets
>fat brother
>me im sorta dyel swimmer
>never had any fat
>any pet we ever owned was fat as fuck
>anytime someone skinny(lol anyone not hamplanet) comes near they criticize
>hurr muh anorectia
>tell me im anorectic

fuck you mom and dad
>>
>>41817942
nothing like emotional abuse on a growing mind
>>
I wasn't a overweight child, but I had childhood issues and now I'm working off all the weight I gained in my depression, if that's also what you mean.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.