[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did lifting stunt my growth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Comfy and thinking.jpg (208KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy and thinking.jpg
208KB, 1280x960px
I started lifting weights when I was 14, and I was 5'4". I am now 18 and I'm 5'6". My mom is 5'9" and dad is 5'11". Could lifting have caused me to be shorter than both of my parents? To my knowledge I've always been lifting with good form and have never suffered an injury, and I was never malnourished.
>>
File: looking at you.jpg (2MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
looking at you.jpg
2MB, 4096x2304px
>>41816288
then why manlet :( ?
>>
>>41815996
I was 5'6 when I was 14 and now I'm 22 and still 5'6 and I started lifting when I was 19
>>
>>41815996
>I was 5'4 at 14
You were meant to be short, call it luck that you even grew 5 more inches after 14
>>
Really unlucky genes or other factors. Remember, you don't fully stop growing til 25 and that's not a meme. In my family, we all grew like 1-2 inches between 18 and 21, so maybe you'll get lucky.
>>
>>41816329
>5
Meant to be 2

Also 6'1, parents 5'6 and 5'7
Mom has long legs short torso and dad has short legs long torso, I ended up with long legs long torso, but the reverse is also still possible

Maybe you just got the worst combination of genes sizewise
>>
>>41816343
it's more likely that your mother, being 5'6 (which is taller than average for a woman), has tall parents and therefore the height gene is there.
>>
>>41816367
Different guy, same height. Funnily enough my parents are also of the same heights (though my mother is the taller one). Neither side of my family up to my great grandparents has anyone taller than 5'10", and the only person that managed to get that tall was my mother's father.
>>
>>41815996
Yes.

If you find a woman who pities you enough to have children with a manlet, don't let your kids lift before they grow.
>>
>>41815996
It is impossible for a man to be shorter than his mother. So you're either measuring wrong, or still growing.

Remember that it is technically possible to keep growing until you're in your early 20s.
>>
File: look at this small dog lol.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
look at this small dog lol.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
>>41816433
my girlfriend is 5 inches taller than me so maybe my children won't end up being manlets
>>
>>41815996
>https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/teen-jay1.htm
>http://www.livestrong.com/article/430166-can-lifting-weights-when-young-stunt-your-growth/
>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/will-lifting-weights-stunt-growth-myth-fact_us_56fd629ee4b083f5c60721f4
>http://www.transforminghealth.org/stories/2014/08/will-your-child-stunt-their-growth-if-they-lift-weights.php
>https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/24/phys-ed-the-benefits-of-weight-training-for-kids/
tl;dr - No
>>
>>41816455
my mom is very noticeably taller than me, idk
>>
>>41816485
You sure you're not adopted?

If not, stop being a faggot and stop worrying.

You've probably fallen for this "manlet" shit on here and imagine you're shorter than you are.
>>
File: aaa cute comfer.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
aaa cute comfer.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>41816525
>You sure you're not adopted
85% sure
>stop being a faggot and stop worrying
I can try
>You've probably fallen for this "manlet" shit on here and imagine you're shorter than you are
kinda true, never really worried about my height at all until coming on here, but I don't think I'm imagining different numbers coming up on the measuring tape
>>
>>41816556
>kinda true, never really worried about my height at all until coming on here
tells you everything really.
>>
>>41815996
Some people are just unlucky. Know a guy that's 5'2 and all of his brother's are 6'4+. Looks like a male-version of his grandma when she was his age, right down to her height.
>>
>>41815996
Sleep well doggo
>>
>>41815996
Nah it happens, almost all my aunts and uncles are above 6ft, however several of ky cousins stopped growing between 5'4" and 5"8". Height is multi-genic and can be affected by a nunber of things besides just environmental variations like lifting
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.