[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Regarding foods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 2016-04-07 15.58.50.jpg (176KB, 843x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-07 15.58.50.jpg
176KB, 843x768px
What things are important to watch when you eat? I know calories, carbs, and proteins are mostly what people talk about but how bad is it if you consistently go over your limit on something?

The things I'm wondering about specifically are fats (typically saturated fats) and sodium.

Also what's the best way to get enough protein? I looked up some information on how much I should be eating and it's recommending around 140g a day. In a normal day I probably have 50% of that, which could possibly be an issue if I want to be working out. Should I just get some protein powder and mix that in with water to get to my daily recommendation? If so then what brands or types are the best to just build muscle?

I'm pretty new to all of this so I don't know a ton. Getting a gym membership starting next month but I've been riding my bike 10+ miles a day and I've been doing strength stuff around the house for about 2-3 weeks now. Food is something that seems really difficult to keep track of (I don't like getting a meal plan from somewhere and following that) so I just want to know what is most important.
>>
I would like to add that pic related is what was recommended to me
>>
>>41812841

read the sticky you fucking newfag. Didnt even look at your pic, just go to a TDEE calculator find your maintenance calories and add or subtract 500 calories from that based on whether or not you want to bulk or cut. Buy a digital food scale and set out a meal plan for yourself based on foods you like that way you dont have to count calories randomly everyday, instead its already laid out for you and you only have to count the macros once. 1-1.5 g of protein per pound of bw and you can adjust carbs and fats to whatever satisfies you. Good luck you fucking fag
>>
>>41812916
>implying that I didn't read the sticky
I read the entire thing and that's where I got those numbers in the first place. I'm just asking here cause the article linked didn't mention anything about what my question was about.
>>
>>41812972

youre over complicating it bro, you can do those macros if you want but you dont have to. Whats your weight?? If you weigh 140lbs then 140 grams of protein will suffice. Like I said, you can play around with fats and carbs depending on what foods you like. Dont worry about what kind of fats you get it doesnt matter if it fits your macros.

as far as getting your protein its not hard, eggs, egg whites, chicken, beef, turkey, beans, theres tons of ways you can go about this. I can lay you out my meal plan to show you what I eat if you'd like a sense of what to eat?
>>
>>41812999
Cool, yeah if you could show me yours that would be great. I'm at 130 right now and 5'7"
>>
>>41813081

okay then 140 protein is fine, but I personally would recommend just bringing it down to 130 so you can have slightly more carbs.

>meal 1
chicken
broccoli
white rice

>meal 2 (shake)
1 banana
1 scoop whey
1-1/2 cups of almond milk
1/2 cup of dry oats
1 tbsp natty peanut butter

>meal 3
2 eggs
230 g of egg whites
jimmy deans sausage
2 cups of frozen hash browns

>meal 4
can of black beans
112 g of 93/7 ground beef

>meal 5
1/2 cup of oatmeal mixed with scoop of whey

Ive eaten this everyday for 7 weeks now on my cut and still havent gotten tired of it. The trick is taking the foods that you CAN eat on a daily basis and making a meal plan out of them. Obviously the amounts on mine are irrelevant because I weight 210 lbs. Since you are skelly im guessing and you probably dont eat much just make sure you fit in calorie dense foods.. peanut butter and dried fruits are your best friend.
>>
>>41812916
where 2 cop digital food scale
>>
Eat whatever the fuck you want as long as the calories add up
>>
Protein powder is a cheap and efficiebt way to get protein yes.
>>
>>41813159

the grocery store? where the fuck else would you get one you drongo
>>
>>41813177
how do you weigh liquids?
>>
>>41813185

>get cup
>place on digital food scale
>tear
>pour said liquid until desired amount
>consume
>>
>>41813140
Awesome. Thanks. Yeah I can just adjust the amounts to whatever I need and replace food with other stuff I guess. This was helpful.
>>
>>41813206
ok cool thanks, I'm going to start meal prepping ahead of time, I like that idea better than using my fitness pal, it becomes tedious
>>
File: brp.jpg (42KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
brp.jpg
42KB, 600x900px
>>41813217

yeah i would recommend just staying off my fitness pal unless you know you are going out for the weekend and arent going to be eating your exact meal plan (which is completely fine as long as you hit macros). This game is all about preperation my friend, might want to invest in Tupperware if you have a day job and prep some meals to take to work on sundays. Its about spending just as much time in the kitchen as in the gym.
>>
>>41813140
How much chicken and white rice do you have usually?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.