[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/QTDDTOT/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 32

File: 1493401191323.jpg (122KB, 999x624px) Image search: [Google]
1493401191323.jpg
122KB, 999x624px
Old one is at 300.

When i do HIIT runs i sometimes get pain in my neck on the right side, why?
>>
>>41811756
how do you get over your crush ghosting you ?
>>
>>41811756
When bulkung, does it matter what you eat? I just gorged myself in cheetoes and cookies, I'm gonna work like he'll tomorrow

Am I doing it right, /fit/?
>>
>>41812343
Start lifting heavier, start talking to other girls.
>>
>>41811756
I get this kind of thing sometimes, for me it's postural. My solution is making sure my chest is big and shoulders are relaxed, I'm running lightly on the balls of my feet, tongue is strong on the roof of my mouth and breathing deeply though the nose. Hope that helps bruv
>>
>>41812401
its tearing me inside
>>
>>41811756
>>41812434
>having
>trouble
>running
>>
>>41812441
so tear up your outside with some heavy ass weights until it goes away, pussy (don't actually tear anything though pls bb)
>>
File: youre only cheating your self.jpg (133KB, 757x359px) Image search: [Google]
youre only cheating your self.jpg
133KB, 757x359px
>>41812394
I know it sucks eating 3k a day. I had movie popcorn and a huge ass soda yesterday to make even.
>>
Doing the 5x5 stronglifts but cant do rows without hurting my back. Any good replacements?
>>
>>41812491
Different person and different height and weight
Not fair
>>
>>41812556
Pullups/chinups and facepulls together might be an alright substitution, but I'd recommend figuring out whats causing the pain and trying to just do the rows once you've solved that. I had a bit of lower back pain doing them that went away after I improved my hamstring flexibility, so maybe try that?
>>
File: 1497559008256.jpg (154KB, 945x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1497559008256.jpg
154KB, 945x1500px
Is going for long walks or hiking a legitimate "exercise". Where I live has plenty of trails and I often walk for multiple hours a day. Today I walked for 3 hours straight just because it was so nice out and I had nothing better to do. I realize this isn't proper cardio or anything - but will I legitimately burn calories by doing this?
>>
File: best looking guy.jpg (78KB, 600x939px) Image search: [Google]
best looking guy.jpg
78KB, 600x939px
>>41812601
first image on google image search. Point still stands. Dont bulk clean and you get (more than regular) fat.
>>
>>41812621
are there elevation changes or are you walking in kansas?
>>
>>41812644
Basically Kansas.
>>
>>41812654
lol nope run faggot
>>
File: not one step back.jpg (230KB, 1024x760px) Image search: [Google]
not one step back.jpg
230KB, 1024x760px
>>41812654
I would say depends on who you ask. Me personally? I would say no. Only because i've seen plenty people "walk" for exercise and its a joke. If you are actually putting out effort and trying to go some real distance (more than 2 miles) then maybe it would count. Walking is great. But it is no substitute for good ol' aerobic exercise.
>>
>>41812621
Without going into metabolic differences and stuff, I think the figure is something like 100 calories burned for a 180 pound person per mile and scales linearly with weight.

Envy you though, wanted to walk home from work today but the rain really picked up this evening.
>>
>>41812711
Kansas? I had to go home early from the gym due to severe weather..
>>
>>41812734
Nah Seattle. Doesn't rain as much as I thought it would but today is one of those days.

Walking the 10 minutes from the bus stop to the gym this morning was bearable tho. It's nice being the only guy in a tight dress shirt while everyone else is wearing jackets and hats and stuff. Rain's out, gains out
>>
I'm trying to find a good target weight and I'm wondering if there's a chart for optimal weight to height? (i.e what is the optimal weight range for a person of height X) Most of the ones I've found are based on BMI and I'm not sure if it's accurate for people building muscle.

Also, is it better to bulk first then cut to desired weight or cut to 10-12% bf then bulk? What are the pros and cons of either approach?
>>
>>41811756
Why are there so many guys >tfw no gf on /fit/? Literally we are the peak 5% of the civilization
>>
>>41812343
Focus on literally any other part of your life.
>>
>>41812820
95% of /fit/ is people wanting to be jacked, but who aren't jacked yet, and like half of the remaining 5% is socially incompetent.
>>
>>41812796
Look at stats of guys who have your goal body type
>>
File: fucking chad.png (943KB, 1161x1599px) Image search: [Google]
fucking chad.png
943KB, 1161x1599px
>>41812820
Gainz dont make up for lack of social skills.
>>
What are the most basic components to a home gym?

Thinking of having one in my room.
>>
>>41812796
Given that it depends on how much muscle mass you want, there probably doesn't exist for such a thing.

10-12 is Lyle's number and this was a pretty good discussion on that article: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/68t07k/lyle_mcdonald_males_should_be_1012_body_fat/
>>
>>41812820
/r9k/ usually leaks here when members decide they want to get out of the social hole they're in.

What they don't realize is that lifting in itself doesn't stop you from being an autist. It just turns you into an autist with arms.
>>
I can do 3x8 decline bench sit ups with 1 pl8. What exercise do I go to now for abs?
>>
>>41812973
You can do some muslims if you have a cable station with enough weight. Might need to put a plate on your feet or weigh yourself down somehow. Otherwise just increase that volume bub
>>
File: protect hand wrist.jpg (123KB, 654x639px) Image search: [Google]
protect hand wrist.jpg
123KB, 654x639px
Hey /fit/, I fucked up my wrist doing chest/triceps because I'm retarded. I decided not to go to the gym yesterday because my right wrist was hurting like shit. Today it's still hurts a bit when I angle it certain ways, but not as much.

Do you think I'd still be able to go do Leg Day despite fucking up my wrist, or should I wait another day or two for the pain to subside?
>>
>>41812843
Where can I find such stats?
>>41812857
I just want a safe, healthy, natty, middle ground, I can maintain into old age.

Also, if I understand the article correctly I should first cut to ~10% bf, then maintain for 2 weeks to stabilize, then bulk to ~12-15% bf, maintain again for 2 weeks, then cut back down to 10% and repeat until goal body?
>>
>>41813051
Pretty much. I don't know the biology behind it but it seems to my uneducated mind like it would take the elasticity out of the cycle. So at the end of my cut when I start increasing my diet I won't rocket back up again.

Did a similar thing getting off keto. My weight loss didn't stop like it usually does when I dial up my carbs. This time I subtracted 10g of fat a day and added 20g carbs and 2g protein until I reached my new set of macros. Helps clean out the fridge too.
>>
>>41812464
How far do u run brub

How long u been running

Did u ever get a stitch in your side? Did u ever get shin splints?

If not DESU be happy & not a dick
>>
>>41813051
I guess try to find models or bloggers who have photos and stats.

I unironically use Tumblr to look at sick teenage girls to get that jailbait body
>>
>>41812993
Oh my shecklekeks
I clicked the image first
And thought who tf would train their wrists
And then I realized "ah He's calling out someone who needs to heal after vigorous pathetic fapping" what an ironic image I must save

>read rest of post
>not ironic
>>
>>41813244
What does the image do? I tried it a few times and didn't feel anything.
>>
>>41812343
-realize that all relationships come to an end, usually sooner rather than later
-realize its her loss
-approach a bunch of other women

>>41812820
because this is 4chan.org
>>
My biceps are weak as fuck. I'm doing curls and shit but I barely ever feel any contraction and my forearms just feel tired. I swear I'm doing it right cause it's such a simple exercise. What do?
>>
>>41813479
If you're barely feeling contraction you're probably driving with something other than bicep. Make sure you feel power emanating from your bicep rather than from anonymous source on body

Sometimes back is actually helping motion, although you may not feel him directly.
>>
I'm coming up on my high school reunion and I've been trying to /fit/ for a couple years now:

5'10" 159 lbs bulking, ectomorph, ~15% bf

OHP 3x100, BP 4x165, Sq 5x260 (working on atg), DL 2x315

What last minute shit can I do to show up all the chads and swoon all the ladies from back in the day?
>>
>>41813565
Last-minute?
CRASH DIET to get lean. Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss, look for a pirate PDF.
>>
Been going to the gym for about 5 months and finally hitting my stride where I feel confident in my form and that I'm generally doing the whole lifting bit correctly.
I just don't know how much to eat. I want to gain mass and muscle, but I'm not sure whether to bulk or maintain. I'm eating pretty clean, and usually end up around 2000 cals per day, and I'm getting my 1g per pound of bodyweight in protein per day, but I'm never sure if I've eaten enough. I'd say I'm skinnyfat right now, so I'm not sure how much I should be eating at the moment. I definitely know my lifts are getting stronger, but I don't know if I could make better pace if I ate more.
Tl;dr: Been lifting for about half a year, unsure if I should lean towards getting more calories per day or less, goal to gain strength and muscle.
>>
>>41812434
>tongue is strong on the roof of my mouth
Why do this?
>>
is eating junk food okay if you do 45 minutes of hard cardio everyday
>>
>failed a set of squats recently
>tried my best to rack it but failed
>ended up dropping a weight
>ever since my wrist hurts when squatting
Should I lay off squats for a while? What can I do instead? Leg press machine?
>>
What are the best oblique exercises, the adonis belt makes people like 50% more aesthetic so I want to add some isolation into my routine.
>>
>>41812434
>breathing through those nose during HIIT

I just don't get it fit
>>
File: Draugr_training.jpg (236KB, 650x1294px) Image search: [Google]
Draugr_training.jpg
236KB, 650x1294px
>>41811756
I've got a few:
1.Front squats or back squats? What benefits one has that the other doesn't?
2. What are some good reads on how to start running? I cycle a good deal, but can't run for shit. What am I doing wrong?
3. When doing bench press, I can feel sharpish pain and discomfort someplace under the shoulder blade. Is this an indicator of shitty form or not warming up properly?
4. Are crunches an OK abs exercise? I'm still overweight and not doing them to have a six-pack, just to burn off calories. Should I just carry on or alternate them with something else?
>>
>>41813842
Eating junk food will always be sub optimal.

Eating any food at all will require extra work to burn calories if you're eating past your goal calorie intake
>>
>>41814171
You should look up proper running form. Pretty sure its in the sticky, if not its easy to find online. Will stop you fucking up any joints and makes running easier.
>>
how can I properly learn compound lifts with the barbell if I dont have spotters or access to prrsonal trainers? I dont want to fuck it up before I start.
>>
I am crippled and can't do anything with my legs...

My lower back is weak AF since I don't walk and is in a lot of pain, what are some lower back exercises that don't utilize the legs IN ANY WAY?

My arms and chest are buff and I have weights and a dip station.
>>
>>41814182
Can't someone at the gym look at your form? Or by a huge but cheap ass mirror if you are in the home gym.
>>
File: back-extension-exercise.jpg (55KB, 767x420px) Image search: [Google]
back-extension-exercise.jpg
55KB, 767x420px
>>41814199
>>
>>41814206
He can't do that because his legs are fucked?
>>
>>41814171
Front squats are more quad dominant and require a lot mor core/upper back erector strength.

Back squats are still quad dominant, just a bit less. They require a lot more lower back erector strength.

Try doing light pulling motions before benching to warm up, at least work until you feel a slight pump.

Crunches are sub optimal. Just do ab wheels or praise allahs (use rope attatchment on a cable machine, get on your knees and put each hand by your neck, then pull the rope down with a crunching motion).
>>
>>41814206
Know any kind of home setup to do that?

I don't have ready access to that kind of equipment.
>>
>>41814212
Some gyms have machines like this you can sit in
>>
>>41814201
It's a shitty small town gym, no trainers. I'm new and don't know anyone and haven't seen anyone do barbells yet.
>>
>>41814212
If I am strapped in so that the supports are bearing my weight and not my legs, I can probably do that, don't know though.
>>
>>41814199
>I have two perfectly serviceable body weights and the upper body strength to hold myself up on bars
Start doing vertical crunches.
>>
>>41814229
>I'm new and don't know anyone
This shouldn't be an issue. Unless you are in the BIG CITY FUCK YOU NEW GUY GYM, which you clearly are not, nobody will be an unhelpful faggot to you. Just ask someone politely if they did the exercise before and if they can spot you.
>>41814230
Not sure about that 'strapped' shit. Especially since you can't just get up and shake it off, if you get a muscle cramp or sharp and sudden pain for whatever reason. I might be wrong tho.
>>41814213
What pulling motions would you advise? Pulling the block?
>>
>>41814218
I'm sorry I don't know. Only other thing I can think of is improvising with a cable fly machine. Or using an exercise ball with somebody's help.
>>
>>41814261
I just meant strapped in just to hold me upright, not necessarily to hold all my weight I guess.

I am not paralyzed, just don't have a right hip and nerve damage in my legs because of cancer. I can stand, its just excruciating... But I guess I could whether through it temporarily if it helps my back... Since my back is killing me when I sit and I spend most of my time sitting.
>>
File: thumbs.gif (346KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs.gif
346KB, 320x240px
>>41814288
Whatever you will decide to do, just please be careful and not fuck yourself any more than you already are. Take it slow and build up gradually.
>>
>>41814261
Barbell rows or pull ups/lat pull downs
>>
Is 110g protein a day enough for a 150lb guy
>>
does your height/arm length make a difference on how much you can lift?
>>
In theory, should the amount of BW reps of lat pulldown you can do be similar to the amount of pullups you can do?
>>
I was running on the threadmill yesterday, was the first time i put on headphones and listened to music. But I feel a strange urge to stop when I feel the a chorus or another change of rythm is coming, like I'm going to lose balance and fall. What's that, gotta find some music with more stable rythm or just concentrate and overcome it?
>>
>>41814470
No

Pull ups require core stabilization
>>
>>41814461
Yes
>>
File: salt grabbing.jpg (23KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
salt grabbing.jpg
23KB, 720x540px
>5'7
>150lb
>Goal of ~142lb
>Workout 4-5x a week doing PPL split, couple compounds with a few accessories
>Eating 1800 a day, normally fall just short
>Stalled dead for the past week on 150

Reduce to 1600?
>>
>>41814519
In what way?
>>
Does anyone deal with constant headaches? My gf suffers from pains (possibly related to Lyme disease) and I don't know how to help her. She'll be seeing a neurologist but it's almost 3 weeks from now and I don't know what I can do to alleviate the pain
>>
>>41814741
Ibuprofen + codeine and paracetamol is pretty much the best you can do without a prescription. She could take 1000mg (2 tablets) of paracetamol and up to 800mg (4 tablets) of ibuprofen safely. If she's really susceptible to codeine then perhaps choose one without because she would be taking ~60mg with the ibuprofen depending on the brand, which for some people makes them drowzy/woozy.
>>
>>41815178
where do you live that you get 60mg codeine without prescription?
>>
>>41815188
Ibuprofen + codeine normally has between 12-15mg of codeine per pill, so taking 4x would give you ~60mg. This is in Australia and it's over the counter. I think they're looking at changing the laws soon, but until then I'll smash that shit back like no tomorrow because it's really good without being too strong.
>>
>>41815178
Thanks she's already taking OTC meds, don't know what exactly. Doesn't help much if at all, will ask if she's taking codeine.

Does shit like massaging the neck/head help? I've seen people praising some herbs on the Internet but I've also seen people saying that they can live of the sun's energy alone so I'm sceptic. Going through pubmed and migraines/headache at the moment but there's a fuck ton to get through.
>>
Could this work theoretically?

1-2L of milk(30-60g protein)
3-4 scoops of whey (66-88g protein)
2-3 other shitty meals (40-60g of protein)

There are reasons why I can't afford to eat good food. Will this work?
>>
>>41815225
A gentle scalp and temple massage might help, but headaches are a pain in the ass to deal with if you don't know the cause, so it's hard to suggest herbs and shit like that when they could do absolutely nothing. I might suggest you try and see a GP in the next couple of days because they could probably prescribe her something stronger until the neurologists appointment. Outside of that, yeah, find out what she's taking. Don't go over the recommended dose on paracetamol but with ibuprofen you can double it
>>
>>41811756
how2 do upperbody/lower body routine with low volume on legs to NOT have my legs grow more? I fell for the 3x week squat meme and was enough, alongside plain 1x5 diddlylifts for sick hams but theyre more than in a decent spot now

also any reason to pick 4 days instead of 3 days lifting?
>>
>>41813806
better head posture, takes major stress off neck muscles to stabilize (your tongue is a muscle too after). essentially what mewing does in general, with emphasis on not straining your neck from the constant tension of high speed running
>>
>>41815283
yeah do some skill work on the 4th day. some handstand progression for example.
>>
>>41812654
Then get a heavy backpack. Or run.
>>
Guy at my gym said there is no noticeable difference in how I do my glute ham raises and back extensions despite me trying to of course use the different muscle groups. Am I just super inflexible? key pointers to do GHR without helping too much with lower back? I'm confused.
>>
>>41815199
In canada, the highest strength you can get is 8mg codeine per otc pill
>>
Guys, help me. I'm in a journey to loss weight, and I'm really scared about the loose skin-after (i have a very low self esteem) Any advice you can give me?
>>
>>41815239
I'm pretty sure you don't need that much protein at 150 lbs
>>
>>41815416
How old and how much weight do you have to lose?
>>
Any downside to bulking when you are overweight?

I mean yeah you will get even heavier but with all the muscles shouldn't it be easier to get rid of all the fat later on?
>>
>>41815417
It's mostly going to be around 140-150. The higher number is a long term thing. I would add more milk/scoops if I actually make progress.
>>
>>41815416
slow and steady wins the race. if you're not crash dieting (with chemical help or so) from 300 lbs to half that, loose skin shouldn't be that much of an issue. some might happen but an occasional fast and topical creams can help.

>>41815436
mostly hormonal stuff I cannot be arsed to get into right now. you're doing yourself a favor if you cut some of the flab first in terms of test/estrogen levels, insulin/leptin/ghrelin relation, and cardiovascular gains if you're really super fat.
>>
>Do squats and DL on same day because can't fit DL anywhere else
>Always get fucked on squats after heavy DL
>Do DL last and legs fucked from squats
>Currently just accepting my squats are going to be weak

Help.
>>
I do today high barbell squats 80kg (176lbs) 5x5 and my lower back muscles get tired like after deadlift. My legs feels normal. I lift my squats by my back or It is normal? I have shit deadlift tho.
>>
>>41815425
19 and like 110pounds
>>
Rate my homemade program:

1. Pullup / Chinup superset (3x10 or to exhaustion)

2. Dumbbell Biscep Curl / Tricep Extension superset (3x10 or to exhaustion)

3. Side Lateral Raises / Front Dumbbell Raise superset (3x10)

4. Incline Dumbbell Press (3x10 or to exhaustion)

5. Decline Crunch with Weight (To exhaustion)

6. Accordion Crunches (Both sides) (To exhaustion)

7. Raised Knee Crunches (To exhaustion)

8. Seated Cable Rows (Machine) (3x10 or to exhaustion)

9. Chest Press (Machine) (3x10 or to exhaustion)

10. Dips (To exhaustion)

11. Lat Pulldowns (Machine) (3x10 or to exhaustion)
>>
>>41815766
It's an upper body program, in case anyone was wondering
>>
Wanna start running again. Really hard to fit into ss because legs are sore af always. Thinking of adding a extra rest day at the end of week so that cycle foes something like
AxBxAxrunxBxAxBxrunx what think?
>>
is creatine worth using? And what happens if u stop using it? (Do you have to use it for the rest of your life?)
>>
>>41811756
I've been lifting for 2 years using Scooby's dumbbell routine since I lift at home. I'm starting to become demotivated, what's the best way to keep lifting?
>>
>>41811756
Can someone recommend some great stringer tank tops on Amazon? I'm looking for a few dark colors and so far what I've found look like shit on the customers
>>
like 3 months ago I got a shoulder injury, and it still hurts when I ohp and then row. usually hurts after the rows.
not sure if because of the ohp before or what.
>>
>>41815481
bump
>>
>>41815445
Then to answer your question, that would be a fine way to consume it if you are just looking at calories and protein. You'll probably end up meeting other macro goals without thinking about it so I think you're set
>>
>>41815828
>is creatine worth using?
can't really hurt, strength gains and water retention (i.e. fuller mussles) are minor but noticeable
>And what happens if u stop using it?
essentially nothing, the above mentioned improvements slowly subside.
>(Do you have to use it for the rest of your life?)
if you want to, it's a supplement not a prescription drug.
>>
>>41815481
you're probably doing a "squat-morning". we cant really know unless you film yourself.

are you tall? long legs? taller people tend to bend more at the waist, which could be why you feel that shit in your back.

if you're not going to compete in powerlifting, then you don't need the backsquat to get big legs. try either front squats, or, even better, zercher squats
>>
>>41815941
so to keep the gains i have to keep using it? thats basically what i wanted to know
>>
>>41816056
yes. no problem with that though, creatine monohydrate is literally dirt cheap, has no major sides (except for some very fickle exceptions which probably won't concern you). take 5-8g a day, take whenever, keep taking for as long as you have the money or can be arsed to. it's no steroid, no real downsides, no overblown upsides, it's just a gentle nudge in the right direction for strength gains.
>>
>>41816056
>>41816111
oh and hydrate well while taking it, which you probably should anyway.
>>
>>41816111
>>41816134
alright, will look for some cheap source. hydrating is not a problem, im already drinking alot, mb even too much. thx man
>>
>>41815885
do this, every day until your shoulders stop hurting, and then as prehab before upper body exercises:

1 stick or resistance band shoulder dislocations x20 reps
2 dead hangs from a bar x20 seconds
3 resistance band (or cable) facepulls x20 reps (LOW WEIGHT IF USING CABLE, MAX 30-40LB)
4 band pull-aparts x20 reps

do the above exercises one after the another, no rest. when you finish all of them, that's 1 cycle. rest for a minute and do 3-5 cycles.

then at home, do:
1 pec doorway stretches
2 shoulder doorway stretches
3 "massage" the shit out of your front delts and pecs with a lacrosse or tennis ball (put the ball on the floor, lay face-down, press your shoulder/pec on the ball, hold for 10-30 sec, change the place of pressure, repeat for both shoulders)

google the exercises, pretty easy to find em all. also, reduce the number of sets you do on shoulder and chest exercises by half, and increase the number of sets on rows/pulldowns (pullups) by half, for 1-2 weeks.
this is how i fixed all my shoulder pain problems

good luck anon
>>
>>41816174
sorry, am retarded, the numbers mean the numbering
(should've been
)

lel
>>
>>41816032
I accidentally done morning squats. I am tall 191cm but It never hurt me anything after workout.I don't want waste time to transit over different squats so I will fix my form. Thanks bruh.
>>
>>41815845
bump. Should I lessen my workout days but up the number of lifts I do? Like Upper/Lower once a week each?
>>
File: 3QDOz.jpg (30KB, 500x683px) Image search: [Google]
3QDOz.jpg
30KB, 500x683px
how do I get the muscles to the side of the abs
>>
I do PPL

Is it okay to do workouts on evening and then in the morning such as legday on an evening and my push on the morning after? Or is it too little rest ?
>>
File: WXiAS9N.jpg (215KB, 1267x1267px) Image search: [Google]
WXiAS9N.jpg
215KB, 1267x1267px
>>41814439
yes.
>>41814579
lifting is based upon leverage and torque. the power available depends on length of the lever and such. dont worry about it, just keep lifting.
>>41814498
you might have allergy problems, ears are plugged and wearing headphones blocks them even further making you slightly dizzy. your balance is from your ears.
>>41814540
dont need to cut much more, keep lifting and you will fill out.
>>41815283
more days lifting lets you spread out the load and do splits.
>>41815457
dl is very cns intensive. you can swap it out for rack pull and do it on back day, then do squats and romanian deadlifts for legs.
>>41815766
fine but prob better off doing 2 upper body days instead of only one. do chest and tris then shoulders and bis or something.
>>41815814
swap out squats for a week or two for a running program.
>>41815828
people can go bald from it. dont need it.
>>41815845
imagine your goal body at the start of each rep.
>>
Any good dumbbell workouts I can do? Currently can't afford the gym and I have some adjustable dumbbells + planning on getting a bench. Found this on >Reddit:

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/frankoman-dumbbell-only-split.html
>>
>>41816491
the ones at the top under his pec are the serratus and the ones below that are the obliques. serratus is from "punching" motions, do t-bar shoulder presses or box. obliques are from front squats, oblique bend overs with dumbbells or twisting motions.
>>
>>41816559
if its ppl then the muscles arent heavily used the next day. legs are tired on legday but push day shouldnt be using legs that much.
>>41816646
its fine, check scoopys dumbbell program too.
>>
What are some good exercises other than situps and pushups that can be done quietly without equipment?
>>
>>41815766 (You)
>fine but prob better off doing 2 upper body days instead of only one. do chest and tris then shoulders and bis or something.

I do this 4 times a week.
>>
>>41816642
>>41816710
>>
>>41816174
wow thanks a lot man. I'll google them exercises and give it a try
>>
>>41816660
Thanks m8
>>
I'm looking to buy some lifting shoes can anyone recommend a good brand or shoe
>>
>>41811756

Which push routine is better? I've been doing the first one for a while now, and I'm thinking of swapping the order for incline and ohp to concentrate more on shoulders. But I'm kind of worried that chest will begin to lag behind.

Flat bench
Incline db press
Flyes
OHP
Lateral raises
Skullcrushers

Flat bench
OHP
Incline press
Flyes
Lateral raises
Skullcrushers
>>
>>41816642
Cheers for the advice mate.
>>
ok thread how about this:
massive sperg with fat wojack cannot function in gym/social situations, basically head down ignore the world while stink up the place, had to give it up when i lost my job. basically want to get fit to give me a head start in social skillsand employee desirability, what, when it comes to exercises, can i do in a small 2.5 square meter spare floor room, and are there any small or compact equipment would /fit/ recommend investing in with my current neetbux
>>
File: 2017-06-16_220500.png (9KB, 378x307px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-16_220500.png
9KB, 378x307px
anyone done a 2 day split 5 times a week before or something similar? what were your experiences with it?
>>
Does Creatine work? Is it effective for weight loss? I've seen a bunch of posters say that they or their friends had it fuck up their stomachs and shit like that. I'm a little spooked to start it.
>>
>>41812343
For those with ankle injuries and advice would be good.

Ive been lifting for about a year and a half. Ive sprained my left ankle probably about 10-12 times in my life and it doesnt feel like its ever fully recovered. Im working on strengthing it, but Im struggling to do squats. I do a lot of variations of deadlifts, leg press, lunges and a variety of machines. Does anyone have similiar experiences where they were able to work their way back to squats? Even low weight with just a plate on each side is uncomfortable.
>>
>>41811756
Male sure your ribs are aligned. I have a DO for a doctor whi can perform manipulations. Usually I have a couple vertebrae not aligned and it causes some ribs to slide making you favor one side over another without noticing. Im pretty sure a chiropractor can do the same thing
>>
>>41817148
>push press = shoulders

That's a tricep movement man. Also that routine is garbage, and even if it wasn't doing all of that 5x a week means you're either jacking off and going through the motions on the lifts w/o trying, or have the work capacity of a god.
>>
>>41817309
I've been lifting for 2 years, I guess I have the work capacity of a god then?
do you have experience about doing 5 days a week with a 2 day split or just making assumptions?
>>
I'm skinnyfat trying to lean bulk, is bread shit? I'll usually have 1-2 pieces of toast for breakfast along with eggs, ham or smoked salmon, avocado, and some fruit or greek yogurt.
>>
does cardio require rest days like weight training and are cardio gains impeded by a caloric deficit?
>>
>>41817350
>I guess I have the work capacity of a god then?

I'd go with masturbating and putting in lackluster effort halfway through.

>do you have experience about doing 5 days a week with a 2 day split or just making assumptions?

Close. I have with 2 day split going on-on-on-on-off-off repeat. By that fourth day I'm pretty fucking done. I could see doing a 5th, but based on how I'm recovering from the previous 4 I don't think it would be beneficial at all.

Though I'm also doing pretty high volume - I did 18,170lbs of volume on shrugs alone on day 4.
>>
how good are bodyweight exercises for burning fat and building muscle? has anyone gotten fit just off of them alone?
>>
>>41812394
Yeah because of what you are putting into your body. Im not saying you cant eat cookies, but yes esentially thats the difference between and clean and dirty bulk. I think there are healthier ways to bulk and im eating 4k-5k of calories a day
>>
I struggle to complete my lifts but I don't feel a "burn" after or the day after lifting. Am I doing something wrong? Am I still making gains if I don't feel a burn?
>>
File: 1496743999513.gif (486KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
1496743999513.gif
486KB, 475x347px
Wouldn't it make more sense in a PPL program to change the biceps to chest day and triceps to back day? Considering doing this

>inb4 it isn't a PPL then
>>
SS, SL or GSLP for a beginner? Also would it be safe to fit core/glue/bicep exercises into every workout day?
>>
>>41817600
Buy the SS book and run the program by the book for at least 3 months, it's the most efficient.
Your core and glutes will develop like crazy on the program, no need to add that shit in, and biceps get plenty of work from pullups and especially chinups and act as stabilizers in all other big lifts besides squats.
Also, if you get to the end of a SS workout and say to yourself "I have plenty of extra energy to do other exercises" you're doing it wrong.
>>
File: 1491773265322.jpg (23KB, 280x350px) Image search: [Google]
1491773265322.jpg
23KB, 280x350px
How much times is the best to isolate biceps per week?

I've been doing biceps THREE times a week. - MON, WED, FRI

I do Barbell curls, hammer curls and alternate curls.

Is this three days exageration? Is not enough? Is just enough?

Would appreciate any comments. I know the guns grow slowly, but i would like my arms to be slightly bigger.
Should mention that i hit triceps TWO times a week, i'm im PPL.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>41817593
>Wouldn't it make more sense

No. Why not explain why you think it would.
>>
>>41817600
SS or GSLP are fine
>>
>>41817706
>biceps get plenty of work from pullups and especially chinups and act as stabilizers in all other big lifts besides squats.

Lmao. Keep telling yourself that. Do some fucking curls man. It isn't going to impact your recovery at all.
>>
>>41811756
Should I be stretching? If so, how often?
>>
>>41812851
Power rack, Olympic barbell, and weights. Maybe a rubber floor mat if you're feeling frisky. This is very basic, but will get the job done until you know what other things you'll personally want.
>>
I just bought new scales with BIA and it show that I've 14% bone mass. Is that even plausible?
>>
>>41817829
Biceps get tired on back day and triceps on chest. If changed, biceps would be fresh after chest and vice versa
>>
sometimes my back feels a little twingy after deadlifting. In 3 years ive progressed but and never hurt it but my question is:

>How should your back feel after the perfect set of deadlifts?
>>
File: lataus (1).jpg (4KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
lataus (1).jpg
4KB, 272x185px
>>41817986
And adjustable bench like pic related
>>
>>41817442
>Close. I have with 2 day split going on-on-on-on-off-off repeat. By that fourth day I'm pretty fucking done. I could see doing a 5th, but based on how I'm recovering from the previous 4 I don't think it would be beneficial at all.
>but anyone else would be half assing it if they did it
>>
>>41817986
I wouldn't go without adjustable dumbbells either. And not those dumb shit bowflex systems, I mean dumbbell handles and various 1" plates.
>>
Is SL5x5 a good routine for beginners that want to build muscle?
>>
When I do OHP I have to take 5min rest between sets. Weight and rep range is irrelevant.

How do I fix that ?
>>
>>41817976
bump
>>
>>41818096
IMO 3x5 takes less time and gets you the same results.
>>
>>41818131
it depends on the person, I benefited from every second day while every day caused more tightness
>>
I feel I'm doing a cut with a PPL routine, do I need to have some type of cardio or HIIT circuit st the end? So far been doing:
Push = ropes and med ball slam circuit

Pull = arm circuit

Push = cardio on bike

Can I just skip it or are these things helpful
>>
>>41818026
anyone?
>>
>>41818174
It's easier to just cut your calories a bit more
>>
>>41817820
Please.
>>
>>41811756
Bought 60 caps of Yohimbine HCL, it has 5mg per Caps but i'm still not sure when to take it and how much (it's supposed to be 0.2 mg per Kg BUT AM I SUPPOSED TO TAKE IT ALL ONCE?)

I'm supposed to take it on an empty stomach because of insulin, my question is, after how many hours after eating i can take it without reducing Yohimbine effects?

I don't really know how insulin spikes works so i'm not sure if i can take it 2 hours or 3 after eating
>>
I want aesthetics but i love the feelings of strengh training, can i do PPL and swith to a 5×5 fullbody for a week every 3 week? is it a waste of gainz?
>>
>>41818029
>fatigue biceps before pull day
>fatigue triceps before push day

Pick one. There's nothing wrong with doing curls while your arms are tired. You get the heavy work in with the pressing/pulling movements. Finish them off with direct work.
>>
>>41818070
>or something similar

Okay. Looking back at that garbage routine, since all of it is dumbells/machines you'll probably be fine since you don't know what intensity is.
>>
>>41818237
>I want aesthetics but i love the feelings of strengh training

Find a strength program you like, and do it. Then do some drop sets for some volume, and add in some isolations for areas you want to focus on.
>>
>>41818296
>you don't know what intensity is.
All your posts have just been made up assumptions trying to make yourself look superior and you come off looking like a fedora lord
>>
If I notice hair thinning while taking creatine and then stop taking it, will my hair go back to normal? I have a healthy head of hair but my dad's is thinning, but his dad has beautiful hair. Im 18 and dont want to lose my hair already
>>
>>41818362
You don't even know what assumptions are retard
>>
Why don't more people talk about front squats? Why are back squats considered the gold standard?
>>
>>41818436
Thanks for confirming you can't post anything productive
>>
>>41818457
>>41818436
Wasn't me, but still loled.

>DB instead of BB bench
>Crossovers instead of DB flyes
>diamond pushups
>pushdowns 3x8
>Stiff leg instead of conventional DL
>Leg press instead of squats
>actually using good girl bad girl machines

It's not an assumption. Your exercise selection implies you don't know shit about training. Your rep ranges are even worse - 3x8 for everything because you don't know what you're doing. 3x8 on shit like pushdowns and cross overs... fucking get out of here lmao. You have literally 2 pulling movements and 5 pushing movements.

I don't care if your goal is looking good or being strong, it's garbage and you're dumb. You asked for advice because you know you're dumb, then acted like a tard when someone told you that you don't know what you're doing because your little ego got its feelings hurt.
>>
Does anyone else lift in latex or nitrile gloves. I don't wanna touch other peoples sweat but I don't see anyone else do it at my gym. I figured it was pretty good idea. It doesn't affect grip or anything and I stay nigger sweat free
>>
>>41811756
Is creatine recommended if I'm trying to lose weight while building strength at the same time? My OHP press has been stalling and I've read that creatine is a good supplement to take to improve it.
>>
File: sonic understands.png (724KB, 731x620px) Image search: [Google]
sonic understands.png
724KB, 731x620px
How long can I survive on potatoes and water?
>>
>>41818625
Short answer: yes
Long answer: https://examine.com/supplements/creatine/
>>
I've been doing SL for 6 months and I'm wanting to move to something more aesthetic focused. Should I move to a PPL or PHUL? Or something else?
>>
>>41818718
PHUL or any kind of UL split. Personally I got much better results doing UL 4x per week than PPL 6x per week so I'm biased.

Definitely try both at some point, but since you're used to low overall volume and 3x a week, I think UL would be the best choice between the two right now. When you get bored/stall on an UL try out a PPL 6x.
>>
>>41818718
How do you feel about your improvement doing SL? Would you consider it worthwhile or is perhaps another routine better?
>>
File: a1f0a821cded1a9e33f605091f0766f8.jpg (185KB, 2048x1025px) Image search: [Google]
a1f0a821cded1a9e33f605091f0766f8.jpg
185KB, 2048x1025px
I lift 2x a week since I do MMA the other 3-4 days.

>Bench
>OHP
>Curls
>Chinups
>Alternate between squat and diddlylift

Anything I should add for accessories?
>>
I'm back into strength training again. Has anyone else experienced waking up in the middle of the night hungry? It's hard to start cooking more and shoveling more food in my face, I grew up skelly mode.
>>
>>41818813
I'd definitely add some heavy ass barbell rows in there. Idk too much about MMA, but I assume in ground work being able to bear hug a motherfucker and stop them from squirming around is helpful.

Also do something for legs. At least leg press. If you want overall strength then deadlifts would help alot. Trap bar if it's available.
>>
Recently whenever I bench my wrists and hands just give out
>>
>>41818865
Hey thanks for the response man, I'll add them to my repertoire, and yup strength does help keeping people pinned but it's more technique > strength, although if you're evenly matched in terms of technique, strength does tip the scales.
>>
>>41818832
>again

You're probably gaining back muscle you had previously, which happens a lot quicker than building it in the first place. I'm a really deep sleeper so I've never experienced this, but when I started retraining a while back if I didn't eat way more than I thought necessary before going to bed I'd wake up so hungry it physically hurt. Even if I did eat that much I'd still wake up pretty fucking hungry.

Go for more calorie dense foods. The only answer is to eat more man. I even started downing 2L of chocolate milk as a post workout to help with it.
>>
>>41818912

Last time, I was supplementing my bulk with chocolate milk and soda. I think I'll keep some trailmix in my room, just to power shovel if I wake up hungry again. It's messing with my productivity and mood to wake up in the middle of the night.

Maybe some heavy whipping cream, too.
>>
File: 0_6e84d_af8d031d_xl.jpg (17KB, 480x340px) Image search: [Google]
0_6e84d_af8d031d_xl.jpg
17KB, 480x340px
>my skin is really blotchy all the time, especially when I’m thirsty
>doctor says it’s because the water in my body is being prioritized to my vital organs
>literally not enough water in my system
>tired all the time
>whenever i get blood drawn I’m a super hard stick, tell me to drink more water
It’s obvious that I’m dehydrated bros, but I try to drink water and I’m just not thirsty. I’m not even thirsty for soda or powerade. Sometimes on a rare occasion I’ll drink like 5 water bottles in a day, and that is a huge amount for me. When I force myself to drink it fucks my stomach up, probably because I’m on medications that fuck with hunger and my stomach in general.

What can I do to help? Is there a certain type of drink mix that is good? Maybe a type of bath, like a salt kind? I have no idea and I’m just so fucking exhausted all the time. The whole reason I’m here is to lose weight and whenever I drink a glass of water I gain weight and my water retention looks like shit. Please help.
>>
>>41818929
My favorite is a PBJ slathered with PB and a big glass of milk -
easiest 1000+cal ever. I usually ate dinner 1-2 hours before bed, then had that just before going to sleep to tide me over until morning.
>>
>>41818764
Okay, thanks. What did you run for a UL? I was leaning toward Candito's LP for that style of routine.

>>41818796
I personally enjoyed it. I have never lifted before, so it was a good program for getting in the right habit and mindset. It's simple so it was easy to not put it off and just join a gym and do it. I tripled all of my main lifts with it and am pretty satisfied. Maybe another routine is better in the sense that you get better returns from it, but as far as being a straightforward not-daunting beginner routine to get you started mentally and physically I'd definitely recommend it.
>>
>>41818993
Candito's is awesome and has plenty of choices based on your goals. Great choice imo. I've done tons of them, but really anything well thought out that you can put effort into will work great.
>>
>>41814741
Tell her to get an eye test aswell
>>
>be me 154lbs 18yo lifting for 2 months
>manage to bench 60kg in like a month
>trainer says its still too early to start deadlifting as its dangerous for my back
What do
>>
>>41819158
It entirely depends on form man. If a 135lbs deadlift is slow and grindy I'd say he's right. If you can play around with a 135lbs bar relatively easily then I'd watch some deadlift videos from Chris Duffin and play around with it after your training sessions.
>>
>>41819158
What the fuck could his reasoning for that possibly be?
The best time to learn is right when you start because you're weak af and it's hard to injure yourself when you're lifting your own bodyweight or less.
He's probably just afraid to coach deadlifting.
>>
Can I use independent lat pulldown machine instead of pullups? Scoliosis fucks my pullup form.
>>
I'm doing the PHUL routine listed at muscleandstrength dot com. I don't like doing barbell lunges, what's a good substitute for them?
>>
File: 1.png (29KB, 1024x429px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
29KB, 1024x429px
>>41819834
forgot image
>>
Was 290, woke up, stopped being 290. Am 258 and going strong. I am eating just south of 1700 calories a day.
My problem is I don't know what actually being hungry feels like. Some days I have ~900 or so calories left and I can't tell if I am hungry, need the food, or if I am just used to being a fat fuck.
In simpler terms, I have just learned I can say no to food so now I am trying to learn when to say yes to food. Do you guys always fill out your calorie goals or do you stop when you can? Do you wait till your stomach pangs to eat or make it a routine?
>>
I can't seem to lose weight. I weigh 60 kg and i am 5'2", i eat about 700 cals per day and i do 30 mins of weight lifting every other day but i haven't lost a pound in the last 7-8 months.I'm also wheelchair bound if that has anything to do with it.
>>
>>41819936

Holy fuck you're short.
>>
>>41819936
30 mins of lifting isn't shit, exercise more
Are you permanently on a wheelchair or just temporalily?
>>
>>41819936
That's what happens when you miss leg days
>>
>>41819969
permanently
I tried doing cardio before 40-50 min but i got really nauseous and tired the next day, guess i need to lift bigger weights

>>41819989
my legs are actually really bony, no muscle or fat
>>
>>41820013
Well I don't know shit about fitness for wheelchair bound people but assuming the basics still apply you should lift more often or go harder on the days you do lift, alternatively do something on your off days, go lighter on the cardio so you don't get sick, anything is better than nothing

You probably should seek advice from people who know how to deal with your condition....I'm not sure how you can even get enough energy for working out eating just 700 cals
>>
I'm around 18% bodyfat and 155 lbs. I want to cut before I can bulk.

Is Lyle McDonald's rapid fat loss diet a good path for me? I don't want to spend a long time cutting, and I don't have a bunch of muscle to worry about losing, but I have been lifting for a few months.
>>
What's the minimum amount of reps you have to do to say you bench/squat X amount of weight for reps ?
>>
>>41820400
x
>>
>>41820400
3-5
>>
File: muh dick.jpg (140KB, 740x1300px) Image search: [Google]
muh dick.jpg
140KB, 740x1300px
i deadlifted 2 plate today and felt a burning sensation in the circled area in pic related. it only hurt during the lift and not after. what is this? been lifting for about 2 months
>>
>>41811756
Whats the best protein brand and respective flavour?

asking since I'll be working and will need to make shit with it

I've had unflavoured from myprotein and its not good
total whey chocolate one is fucking garbage, was making protein lava cakes with it and using cream icecream to disguise the flavour(worked wonders) but ended up puking last night

so I would love some suggestions
>>
When deadlifting should i have a decompressy kinda feeling in my back after each set? It doesnt hurt but it isnt pleseant either
>>
>>41820908
Vanilla tastes like sweet milk. Easiest to mix with other flavors too
>>
>>41820920
natural vanilla»?
>>
>>41820964
yeah. i down 2shakes a day. vanilla is easiest to choke down. i use walmarts cheapest powder. body fortress. my wife makes shakes too so we go through to much to bother buying quality
>>
How do I make someone fat?
>>
>>41819883
always. keep. track. and. write. down. macros.
>>
>>41820813
do number 6 stretch. 6 sets of 15 secs. make sure muscles are warm before you stretch and do this continuously and make a habit of stretching all your body after a workout. You will never have this problem again if you do this.
>>
>>41821054
i do #6 after every workout though, as well as others
>>
>>41821138
Do these plus stretching the rest of your body EVERY DAY and extra emphasis to do it after workouts. If your still having issues see a doctor. I know no one ever listens to the advice posted in these threads but I've tried.
>>
>>41821233
thanks senpai
>>
My knees bend inward a little. What exercises should I do to fix them?
>>
>>41821003
bump
>>
Pls rate my PPL. Advice much appreciated. Not worried about my leg day routine but not sure if my PP days are good or not.

Push
>Chest
Bench Press/Incline Press
DB Bench press/incline db press
DB flies
>Shoulders
Over head Press
Side lateral raise
Forward lateral raise
>Triceps
One arm DB tricep extensions
Close grip bench press

Pull
>Back
Deadlift
Kroc rows
Barbell rows
>Biceps
Dumbell curls
Hammer curls
Flat back/incline dumbell curls
Barbell curls
>>
>>41821415
Lat pulldowns and pull ups on pull day. Don't need 3 different curls. Try dips over a bench set.
>>
Whats a good routine to run for cutting/weight loss?
>>
File: 1489053823095.jpg (28KB, 398x262px) Image search: [Google]
1489053823095.jpg
28KB, 398x262px
My shits have been pure water for two weeks now

What the fuck could it be

Should I go to the hospital?
>>
Lifting shoe recommendations? Money isn't an issue.
>>
>>41823536
Anything with a flat base. Things not like pumas or running shoes
>>
Has anyone bought or read Connor Murphy's phuckable physique thing? I like his youtube, but the website he has is so in-your-face and looks like spam. Is it worth reading?
>>
>>41823655
Sorry I should have been more specific. I meant Olympic lifting raised heel shoes. I already have my chucks for everything else.
>>
>>41811756
I just hit 500lbs on the sled push. Is that good or is it baby weight in the lifting world?
>>
Skinnyfat noob here; what body fat % should I cut down to before I start bulking? 10%?
>>
Does anyone have any good workout routines that would help me get my vertical jump higher? Prefer a PPL but it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>41817986
can i just use a squat rack or stand instead of a power rack?

I don't have a ton of cash and gyms around me are expensive. I may do SS or SL5x5.
>>
File: IMG_4599.jpg (94KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4599.jpg
94KB, 900x900px
>>41816653
< 3 thanks anon
>>
Newbie lifter thinking about doing SS, now I'd primarily like to focus on aesthetics. So I've got a couple questions; As a beginner is SS (accessories possibly added) the best option for my pursuit, What routines would you guys recommend. Also is a caloric surplus needed for SS? As mentioned I'd rather prefer to stay lean.
>>
Do muscles trap water and does training muscles squeeze the water out? Dead serious about this.
>>
>>41816828

anybody?
>>
>>41825852
I was thinking and if I had to start all over again I would to stronglifts 5x5 with chinups instead of rows for a month to lern the movements. Sl is better than ss in this regard bc you do more sets wich means more opportinity to practise
Then of course 1 year greyskull lp with chin ups, curls and reverse flys added maybe a bit lte on fridays
Bulking: +0.5kg/month
Cutting: -2kg/month
>>
>>41825892
Yes, exspecially when you eat creatine
No, but caffeine and alcohol dehydrates you
>>
>>41826434
I would do the second but without flys and only a few sets of incline
>>
>>41823760
Probably
And check this guy out, he's really smart:
>>41826481
>>
What sort of newbie program should I follow when I can't do deadlifts/squats? There are a few reasons why I can't do squats. Gym doesn't have a squat rack, but it's the only gym I can afford, messed up my back about 6 months ago while trying to do a zercher squat to compensate when first learning about /fit, don't bully me please there was no one to ask because it's just old people that use treadmills. Also can't do deadlifts because same injury. I can't afford to go to the doctor and i've been putting off going back for too long.

I only lifted for about 6 months or so before this and don't really know what I can do or get away with. My back is -ok- but if I start putting alot of weight on it my lower back starts aching really badly. Any help offered is appreciated.

Tl;dr Need beginner exercises for someone with lower back injury
>>
>>41821326
No fixing. Wear insoles pescribed by your doctor to avoid more damage
>>
>>41823350
Eat more fiber. Protip: oats with oj
>>
>>41826519
...just don't do squats then?
>>
>>41826537
I don't know what I can replace them with. I was doing SS and squats/deadlifts were a big part of it. I also did chinups and dumbbell curls but that with benching doesn't sound like much of a workout plan.
>>
>>41826545
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvyrIKqInrw
>>
>>41826519
3x/week full body with 3x10 leg press
>muh back injury
You need deadlifts for your back to get stronger and heal faster. Just do sets of ten with good form and don't go to failure
>>
>>41826557
I kept lifting for a week after I hurt it, deadlifts didn't help. Hindsight tells me it was a terrible idea to keep trying because I probably only made it worse, and is probably why it hasn't gone away after all these months.
>>
>>41821326
you keep your ankles upright, thats all you can do. It could be permanent if it has nothing to do with the ankles.
>>
What is the point of taking a ZMA before bed instead of a multivitamin which has zink magnesium and b6 in it as well as additional vitamins and minerals?
>>
My deadlift is at 120kg(2.5pl8) for 1x5, I do warm up with 1pl8, 2pl8, pretty long rest and then do my 1x5.

Today I almost felt like dropping the bar on last rep because my grip was giving out. I started to feel like me grip was the weakest link few weeks ago and last two times I did DL I deloaded to 1pl8 and just held the bar at top position as long I I could, about 20 sec.
I also do DL as the very last lift.

Should I use lifting straps now or is it too early and I just need to work on my grip?
>>
>>41827480
Oh god the answer is too obvious. Why can't you just read ss? Or watch ripptoes youtube videos? Or just GOOGLE?
>>
>>41827512
or ask in qtddto
>>
>>41827480
Why not ask someone who read the book or watched the videos?
And please tell me what search terms would you use to find answer for that question? I just googled it and most places just list pros and cons of lifting straps.
>>
>>41827597
meant for >>41827512
>>
What's with these weak days? Like once or twice random days per month I am absolutely useless.

Can't do my usual amount of reps and everything is hard af. I noteiced i am also very weak to alcohol on these days.
>>
>>41814741
I do but i have a cavernoma on my brain, blood leaks out of it and the brain absorbs it but one of the symptoms is constant headaches
>>
File: IMG_4662.jpg (742KB, 2229x2419px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4662.jpg
742KB, 2229x2419px
Could I get a bf% check please
Height 5'8, Weight 147 lb
I want to reach like 10% bf before I bulk because I've really hated being chubby my whole life

Been trying to lose fat and have gone from 178 lb to 147 lb while lifting but have been having difficulty progressing in lifts as expected. I'm doing PHUL

Squat: 230 lb
Dead: 260 lb
Bench:155 lb
Ohp: 110 lb
>>
Do I HAVE to eat veggies if I hit my calories goals and macronutreints?

I found I'm getting stomach aches, cramps, sickness and the shits whenever I have spinach and broccoli.
>>
File: 1488713879071.jpg (30KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1488713879071.jpg
30KB, 657x527px
Anyone got the screen shot of people hating on a fit chick on fb but then telling some fat whale how beautiful they are?
>>
It's the weekend and I really want to lift as it's my first week going to the gym but they are closed. Will doing bodyweight exercises today and tomorrow fuck with my regiment? Reduce potential gains? I don't know please help
>>
What are some healthy energy supplements? Not for working out and not for daily intake, just general use when I really need them. I don't drink coffee and I hate to drink shit like Rockstar or 5 hour energy. There's some mornings though where I will fall asleep at work or on my commute home if I don't take something.

Was thinking of just buying some caffeine pills but what do you guys suggest?
>>
>>41818553
DB Bench > BB Bench you powerlifting fag
>>
>>41811756
I'm a 6' 1" guy, 165 lbs, ~15% bf. Mist of the people I know say I don't need to lose anymore weight. But I still have a very visible layer of fat over my belly, upper legs and ass. Should I keep cutting or not?
>>
File: 1408254862875.jpg (97KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1408254862875.jpg
97KB, 720x960px
Beginner lifter here, been on SS for about 9 months now.

Long story short, fucked up my diet pretty massively during that time (Wasn't counting calories or protein), made minimal gains and got fat. Thinking about doing a restart and transitioning to a different program when I move back home in a months time, currently looking at All Pro's Beginner Routine and SL 5x5.

Thoughts/Recommendations?
>>
Question for those with low BF% & six packs: When you sit down can you still feel/pull the fat on your belly? I like to think I don't have much bodyfat but when I sit down and see that fat it makes me reconsider...
>>
>>41828151
there's other veggies than spinach and brocolli

just try a different one

if goat meat gave you the shits you wouldn't rule out all meat as a source of protein, you'd just try turkey or pork instead
>>
>>41829169
Nah do it
>>
I work out doing arms legs back spread throughout the week doing cardio each session after lifting. What is a good cardio solution that's not running? I recently had a major leg surgery so I can't run yet. Any ideas?
>>
I can't stop masturbating please help
>>
>>41830298
what are your stats
>>
>>41811756
Any good ideas for protein bars that don't contain Whey or Milk?
>>
File: magician.jpg (13KB, 169x298px) Image search: [Google]
magician.jpg
13KB, 169x298px
>>41832268
I'll explain to you some of the inner workings of the human mind.

When you adopt a good new habit you just have to remember yourself to do it at a certain moment of the day. When you're trying to remove a bad one you have to remember yourself NOT to do it every single moment of the day, hence why adopting good new habits which will displace the bad ones is easier than obsessing over the bad ones.

This is in reality the best argument against NoFap. Of course masturbation is generally bad, but what is wrong with NoFap is its approach. By "doing" NoFap you are remembering yourself all the time NOT to do it, the end result being that all the time you think of nothing but masturbation, even if it is in a bad light you still think about it all the time and end up falling for it plus the innecessary torture you bring yourself upon you in the meantime. Instead of obsessing from removing bad habits focus in adopting new good ones.

When you're going in the right direction all things fall into place.
>>
>>41832749
I didn't read that just help me stop masturbating in less than 5 words
>>
>>41832881
Grow a pair, faggot. Kys.
>>
I have surgery tomorrow through the anterior of my abdomen and I really want to ask my surgeon if he'd be willing to shift some of my abs up and over to make them slightly more symmetrical. Any experience or success stories with this?
>>
>>41832936
Is this thing even possible to do?

I think this would be as silly as going to a mechanic and asking him to replace the 710 cap.
>>
SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME I AM NEW TO ALL THIS AND JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST BLENDER BOTTLE A FEW DAYS AGO BUT HAVEN'T USED IT YET BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW IF I'M SUPPOSED TO WASH IT FIRST BEFORE USING IT I DON'T HAVE CLEAN WATER SO I'M SCARED
>>
File: IMG_8804.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8804.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
>On a cut, 600cal deficit
>Brother and his wife surprise visit for birthday
>Tons of pasta, cake, drinking, easily 3,000cal over diet
Im still really new to this, will one day of rampant binging fuck me? Did I just reset the 2 months of cutting I've been doing?
Pls respond
>>
>>41833010
kys for everything about that post, this isn't reddit you autistic bastard
Just give it a rinse or don't you fucking idiot
>>
>>41833029
it will hold your diet back like two days, most of the excess will have gone to refilling glycogen stores
>>
>>41828008
18-19%, about the same as me
>>
I've been watching TV with a girl from my class a few times now but nothing ever happened between us, only some minor cuddling.
She's even extremely nerdy (and also looks a bit like that).
Sometimes she was looking at me like she wants more than just us watching but when I tried to go for more she pulled back (maybe I've missed the right moment or some bullshit).
Next week I'll probably be at her place again. What do, /fit/?
>>
>>41811756
ive been trying to figure this out for months.
how do you guys deal with the clothes situation?
like what do you wear when you workout, and what do you do after working out?
I just started not wearing boxers under my gym shorts, so that way my boxers dont get sweaty.
but do you wear 2 pairs of socks a day, one for gym and one for normal stuff, and throw both of them in the laundry each day? thats a lot of laundry.
idk
>>
>>41832936
>>41832976
Doesn't hurt to ask, does it? I'd imagine it's just the doctor pushing upwards to shift them slightly or something. Kind of jealous desu.
>>
>>41833143
Brush your teeth.
>>
>>41833047
FUCK YOU I LIVE IN FLINT AND DON'T HAVE $3.00 TO WASTE ON POLAND SPRING JUST TO RINSE JUST FUCKING TELL ME IT'S SAFE TO USE THE BOTTLE WITHOUT WASHING FIRST YOU STUPID FAGGOT PLEASE COME ONNN
>>
>>41833216
Not the advice I was looking for, but still solid.
>>
>>41832695
5'10, 203lbs

90kg Squat
55kg Bench
130kg Deadlift
37.5kg OHP
60kg Pendlay Rows
30kg Weighted Hyperextensions
27.5kg Incline Weighted Situps
27.5kg Barbell Curls
>>
>>41833143
>Sometimes she was looking at me like she wants more than just us watching
> but when I tried to go for more she pulled back
Are you one of those who asks (awkward!) or you just go for it? If you are very confident it'll just work out bro. If not just next her.
>>
>>41833283
I just tried to go for it without asking (thank goodness).
I have the impression that I actually missed the right moment when she was looking at me.
I know that there is no 'right' moment for this, but it's either that or I'm already ultra deep in the friendzone.
Maybe I'll get a next chance. Thanks.
>>
>>41833347
Remember, if you feel like you've been rejected a couple of times just go for other girls. Girls are disgusted by neediness and by insisting over and over and sticking to her you'll be showing needy behavior. You said she was "nerdy", right? She has to feel that you like her for something you find in her, not because you consider her low hanging fruit or because you're desperate (not saying that you are, it's the vibe what's important).

Good luck and good game.
>>
How long into a diet do you start noticing weight lose? I know it varies person to person but I'm just curious. 1200 calories a day is what I'm sticking with.
>>
>>41832749
So what habits do you think would be good to pick up to get rid of that? I think I might have a porn or fap problem
>>
>>41833393
Good advice, thank you!
>>
>>41833223
safest course would be for you to eat a bullet
>>
>>41833438
There are many, many habits, hobbies and whatever to do that. Exercise (I know, we're in /fit/), adopt a new hobby, resolve yourself to earn more money, whatever that improves your life. The important part is that you have to replace the fapping with something else that you're passionate or very interested, and before you even realize a week will have passed by without having done it once because you weren't even thinking about it.

I, for example, noticed I use to fap when bored and spending too much time in front of a screen. My solution is then not to pass too much time in front of one. I accomplish this by doing cardio (biking) for an hour or two or doing my quasi-daily calisthenics workout.

The hardest thing is to find out what works for you, but the process of picking up something you like to do instead should be something you enjoy, as you're looking for things YOU like to do, therefore learning more about yourself.
>>
>>41812491
>soda to bulk
bro
come on
if you want liquid calories, M I L K
don't hit me with that lactose intolerant shit
drink milk and build a tolerance, don't cuck your offspring
>>
>>41812556
I'd say rows are irreplaceable, try a different variation. Chest supported rows are a good alternative
>>
>>41833493
Thank you for the advice!
>>
How to fix IT Band Syndrome? Been stretching but no relief yet. Still squatting and deadifting
>>
I've been lifting solely with dumbbells for the last year now and just realized what a dumb fuck I was for not using some sort of strength program. Should I do Starting Strength or Stronglifts?
>>
>>41833424
>no stats provided
>gives kcal but not deficit
>no routine/macros for context
It's like you don't want an answer
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.