[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Texas Method/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: yoked.jpg (12KB, 274x300px) Image search: [Google]
yoked.jpg
12KB, 274x300px
Only 3 workouts a week and one of them is a recovery workout. Is this a meme?
>>
>>41811489
Actually one of the best programs ever made
>>
>>41811537
barely a program and entirely dependent on wildly divergent factors, you basically need optimal recovery for it to have any longer term viability whatsoever.
>>
>>41811489
Texas Method is the automotive spoiler of workouts. People here want to circlejerk that its optimal for their 2002 Subaru WRX of a body when it only really works for the F1 bodybuilders.
>>
>>41811550
>>41811568
why does it only work for the F1 bodybuilders? or optimal recovery? Isnt 5 lbs. a week between 3 workouts pretty reasonable?
Was considering switching from SS to TM when I hit 1/2/3/4 for reps.
>>
>>41811489
In my experience lifting and training others, Texas Method works amazingly well for the right people, but those people are the minority. Most people can get more out of the program by modifying it in one way or another. This is a good (long) read on TM and 5/3/1:

http://startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1
>>
>>41811833
Because unless you are in the elite tier of weightmoving athletes you do not move enough weight to justify this rest period.
>>
If you're natty you can literally lift really heavy twice a week and see results. 7 day a week workouts are made for roiding because of increased maximum stimulus levels and protein synthesis.
>>
If you want to do Texas method. I'd highly recommend reading 70s big Texas Method Part 1. It goes over how to transition from SS to TM and how to use TM correctly. Honestly, it's some of the best information out there on how to tweak TM. Texas method is GOAT if you know how to utilise correctly. And how you go about it can change week to week

There's a free scribd version of the book hanging around somewhere
>>
Get a copy of Practical Programming 3rd Edition. Versions for powerlifting and several different 4-day split versions that skip having the light day altogether.

Ignore the 70s Big stuff. It's not bad, but it's not as good as PP 3rd, and certainly if you're gonna pay for a book, don't pay 70s for ripping off Ripp, pay Ripp.
>>
>2017
>following a meme workout
>>
>>41811489
5x5 should fry you cns. If you can recover before recovery day, you should do Starting Strength instead.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.