[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I push myself on SS? I moved from doing 2 hr workouts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

How can I push myself on SS?
I moved from doing 2 hr workouts where I'd sweat and do the schwarzenegger faces during my lifts to SS and now my workouts feel like a let down. I just lift until my muscles fail at 5 reps and it doesn't feel cathartic
>>
How long have you been doing it and where are your lifts at?

It's called STARTING Strength for a reason. If you're consistent you shouldn't be on it for more than 4 or 5 months.
>>
SS started as a troll routine because it results in the opposite of a v taper. It gives you wide hips and a small back with huge thighs and little arms....

This plus go mad makes you grow tits, it was a troll routine that was suppose to give retards a feminine looking body hahaha

seems the modern day fitizen wasnt around when this was the joke... just a warning lol u abosulutely dont have to do this routine tho it is a troll.

to those of you defending it, look it the mirror and tell me im wrong
>>
Are you making strength gains every session? If so, the program is working fucking amazing because you're getting stronger in a tiny time frame with easy recovery. Feeling dead and getting doms is just your nervous system getting used to the movements.
>>
>>41809230
I started SS this past week per /fit/'s recommendation (I was told my lats were overdeveloped and that doing a 5x5 program would allow me to fix imbalances).
SS A feels great but SS B is a huge downer
>>41809247
I'm not doing gomad, but how would you recommend that I develop strength
This program is good for upping the weights on my compound lifts, but at the same time I don't feel like I'm "working out"
>>41809257
I get doms from the A workout
>>
>>41809353
>Lats overdeveloped

no such thing, this goes along with this guys post >>41809247

its a routine designed to make u look like a woman virgin.
>>
>>41809353
stop taking advice from anonymous people on /fit/ these people wish nothing but to harm you. If you saw the people you were taking advice from and the "physiques" they have built (which could be developed by sitting around eating chips all day) i gurantee you would vomit
>>
>>41809182
>I just lift until my muscles fail at 5 reps
What the fuck does this even mean?
Keep calm, increase weights and add some hypertrophy isos like you wish if you still have energy.
Also nu/fit/ never did nor read SS so don't ask them for help

>>41809247
Grossly misinforming posts should be bannable
>>
>>41809455
post ur juicy ass and teeny arms pls i need a wank
>>
>>41809517
Thanks for proving my point. SS includes curls and tri extensions. It's just not part of the essential programm because their not essential to strength building.
Literally literally 99% of complains people have with the programm are due to not understanding it
>>
>first week
>dude SS is too easy lmao

fuck off m8
>>
File: 20170615_174753.jpg (3MB, 3811x2188px) Image search: [Google]
20170615_174753.jpg
3MB, 3811x2188px
>>41809369
>>41809397
What sort of program should I use
>>41809455
After 5 reps of 135 lb bench press, putting the barbell back in the rack becomes streneous and I can't press anymore
Though at the end of my SS workouts I still feel like I need to expend most of my energy, I feel unsatisfied and restless
>>
>>41809587
doesnt mean u dont have teeny baby arms just because u curl once a week lmao.
>>
>>41809940
>Though at the end of my SS workouts I still feel like I need to expend most of my energy, I feel unsatisfied and restless
>working out for 2 hours before

It's because your work capacity is way higher than SS's volume. If you're adamant on sticking with SS, then do back off sets after your main 3x5. Just strip 20-30lbs off of the bar and do a couple of AMRAPs except on deadlifts, drop it down a bit more and do stiff legged/romanian deadlifts or just do some hypers instead. Add in some supplemental work too like some upper back, shoulder, and arm stuff.

Don't let that work capacity go to waste, otherwise you're going to lose it down the line. As the weight gets heavier you'll probably need to do less and less back off sets and what not to make up for the higher and higher intensity you have to recover from. Just go by feel bb.
>>
>>41810775
This is perfect. Thanks bb, I love this
>>
File: 1456951412043.jpg (56KB, 465x536px) Image search: [Google]
1456951412043.jpg
56KB, 465x536px
>>41809940
Mirin those overdeveloped lats... lol
>>
>>41810879
My lats will eat you up and use you for gains
>>
>>41809353
>told to do 5x5
>doing SS
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>41810879
mirin logans quads
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.