[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/owg/ Olympic Weightlifting General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 16

File: max lang.jpg (120KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
max lang.jpg
120KB, 900x900px
Why isn't this thread a regular thing edition
>>
File: 1468317642247.jpg (334KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1468317642247.jpg
334KB, 2048x1360px
It is a regular thing, it's just that not many people here lift and an even smaller subsection of those people olympic lift. Also olympic lifting isn't really simple enough like powerlifting to where you can ask people on the internet for tips, it's way easier to just be guided by a person IRL. Also the thread dies before the post limit pretty much every time and there's no stable of tripfags to post moderately impressive lifts and keep it going.

That said I appreciate the effort. Have a qt.
>>
>>41807583
what he said really
>>
It used to be but now /fit/ is total shit
>>
Is this ok for beginner

>mon
snatch 2x8
c&j 1x10
snatch push press 3x5
seated gm 5-8x5
>tues
bs 2-4x6
press 3-5x5
snatch pull 2x6
chins/face pulls general back mobility and strength
>thurs
snatch work up to heavy single
c&j work up to heavy single
front squat 3x5
>sat
back squat 1x5
press 1x5
romanian deadlift 3-5x5
>>
Mongoloids can powerlift, hence why plg is so popular.
>>
>>41809982
Beginners should do the classics more than twice a week, and definitely not attempt heavy singles. Beginners should do lots of volume to build good technique.
>>
>>41810012
Ok, how do I most efficiently mix it with general strength training? Am somewhat experienced PL so higher volume and training 5 days a week is not a problem
>>
File: White-Black-Legacy-Side.jpg (83KB, 1400x933px) Image search: [Google]
White-Black-Legacy-Side.jpg
83KB, 1400x933px
just ordered these legacy lifters on sale, anyone here got them already?
>>
>>41809108
absolutely 100% true
>>
bump for more programming advice

will join a club after summer also, just want to practice by myself
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ICpp6nXNS8

time to do your curls buddyboyos
>>
>>41810480

I'm considering buying some dumbbells for at home so I can do secret curls

I don't want to ask my coach if it's okay to do curls, that just seems like a situation I'd prefer to avoid
>>
>>41810633
I'm doing GVT 10x10 curls every other rest day so my arms don't atrophy for the gurlz
>>
>>41810660
>>41810633
some is good for your elbows but if your arms get too big you fuck up your rack position Tbh
>>
bump

post high volume/frequency beginner programming with plenty of strength work that I can run without a coach Tbh Tbh lads
>>
>>41809982
You need a coach. You need hang lifts, explosive lifts (drop snatch etc) and lots of other tech lifts to learn how to lift.

This is just a powerlifting routine the classic lifts.
>>
>>41811582
yes I know and I intend to, I'm gonna get a coach as soon as I go back to school.

I had some crossfit bish look at my form she said it was ok.
>>
>>41811595

You should probably hold off on doing oly lifting until you know you're doing it right because if you learn to do it wrong you will have a hell of a time unlearning that so you can learn how to do it right

Some random crossfitter probably isn't a great metric for how good your technique is, and technique is 90% of this sport

Honestly until you can get a coach I would just focus on getting your strength up, just do SS or something until then
>>
>>41811624
a crossfit coach, not some random crossfitter Tbh

I also have a fair bit of experience competing in powerlifting, I'm not motivated to run sheiko again.
>>
>>41811663
i can pay 1000 to some fat jew and be a crossfit coach too

doesnt take much to be one. does her athletes or herself have decent technique? that can be a good indicator if she know what she talmbout or nah
>>
>>41811866
Honestly I don't know, she just works at the normie gym I train at while visiting my parents and I asked her to look at my form (>FOR FREE) and she said it was alright.

I also don't mind not doing full lifts if you think that would be smarter Tbh
>>
>>41811938
yea just work on stability stuff like the other guy said, focus on core stuff anything will do but look up gymnastic routines for your core those are good

drop snatch/snatch balance just focus on position not speed for now

you can do those everyday then squat 3x a week alternating front and back then accessories at the end if you still have energy
>>
>>41812032
maybee I'll just squat, do overhead work and maybe snatch/clean pulls 5-6 days a week Tbh

what about power clean/snatch? can I fuck around with that?
>>
>>41812088
if really can't stop yourself from trying do it, just know that it will take extra time to unlearn bad habits. worse is when you put a lot of research into it that you refuse coaching

i did that. went from no coach > coach > no coach again. but the time i spent with coach was mostly useless it was more the training environment that helped my progress the coach didnt help my technique since in the back of my head i thought i knew more than him and unconsciously refused to relearn

way better now tho that i'm on my own again and focusing on relearning
>>
>>41812131
I will join a club and get a coach when I go back to school in august, I just want to prepare since I have done like 0 overhead work and nothing but back squat and conventional deadlift in 2.5 years years
>>
File: squats.webm (3MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
squats.webm
3MB, 640x640px
spain's titties
>>
>>41809982
High frequency is better, don't focus on arbitrary setxrep schemes, do your core, do more mobility, get a coach
>>
>>41810026
Regardless, wl puts different stresses on your body, get a coach if you actually want to supertotal
>>
>>41810285
Do mobility
Do more mobility
No it's not enough to be able to get into the correct positions, you need to be able to go further, so that you aren't battling with your own body when you are trying to lift
Snatch at least four times every week
Clean and jerk at least three times a week
Squat every session
>>
>>41811493
It's called a coach, get one
>>
http://www.iwf.net/tokyo_live/

next session starting
>>
>>41814337
>>41814347
>>41814364
>>41814377
Ok could I maybe do some kind of bulgarian where I first do technical, then substitute the full move for clean/snatch pulls, along with squatting and pressing?

I'm not interested in achieving a supertotal, I just lack experience with overhead work and any squat variation that is not a back squat and thus want to work on that, I don't necessarily mind if I don't get to do the movements themselves as long as I can work on strengthening those positions. And yes, I will get a coach, I am absolutely on board with that.
>>
File: sathish-kumar-sivalingam_ap-m.jpg (85KB, 759x422px) Image search: [Google]
sathish-kumar-sivalingam_ap-m.jpg
85KB, 759x422px
>>41807504
WWTT lads?

I'm doing c&j, clean pulls, back squats, and some pressing work, all at moderate volume.

I'm slightly worried because I didn't sleep too hot the past couple nights, but we'll see how it goes.
>>
File: 852933-002-header_3.jpg (48KB, 900x567px) Image search: [Google]
852933-002-header_3.jpg
48KB, 900x567px
>>41810089
How much were they on sale?

I'm seriously tempted to get some Romaleos on my next paycheck
>>
>>41809982

Shit. Do this:

>MWF:
>Both Sn & C&J>
>5-8ish x1 progressive until your form breaks down (start from 60%, your form will probably break down around your 85-95% max, though you should stop 'naturally' when you're making obvious errors). Then 5x1 at 90% of that weight.
>3x3, sets across, front or back squat
>TT:
>80% snatch top weight, 5x2-5 overhead press
>Power cleans 3x3-5
>3-6 months

After that skill routine I would recommend a strength focused H/L-80%/M-90% format working in the 3 rep range. 4x3 warm up, 4x3 weight on snatch/clean and some light 3x1 full c&j training after. Keep squats in, rotate snatch & clean grip high pulls.

This will get you through a first year of training.
>>
>>41816587
half the price, felt pretty gud

i heard the new romaleos are meh quality wise
>>
File: 1367857862042.png (2MB, 3827x1132px) Image search: [Google]
1367857862042.png
2MB, 3827x1132px
>>41810089
how much did they cost?
>>
>>41815692
Don't do Bulgarian
Until you get a coach do the following
Overhead squat
Front squat
Core
Back
Box jumps
Hill sprints
>>
>>41816762
bit over 1 hunna bucks on sale, they went from being an expensive >200 dorrar option to the cheapest available solution thanks to nobody in my country buying lifting shoes, feels good
>>
>>41816397
I'm not lifting because I'm playing hockey ;_; feelsawfulman
Core
Push ups & burpees
Meme shit with a medicine ball
Anaerobic circuits
Sprints
Is pretty much my life right now
Nine more weeks and then I can lift as much as I like for about four months
>>
>>41816657
That's still a cookie cut program. You should change the program based on weaknesses and things you have to improve.

Also, your routine is just full classic lifts. Beginners should do more hang and other variations to learn the positions etc. better.
>>
File: wl4.gif (970KB, 500x254px) Image search: [Google]
wl4.gif
970KB, 500x254px
>>41816397
Push press behind the neck (snatch grip) + drop snatch 4+4 60%
Power snatch from blocks (above knee), 4x55%, 4x60%, 2x4x65%, 2x3x70%
Snatch pull from blocks (above knee) 5x100%
Fence jumping
Back squats 2x5x60%, 2x4x65%, 2x4x70%, 1x4x75%, 1x3x80%

Been working 55 hours this week and i'm tired as fuck. I will still follow the program my coach made..
>>
>>41817436
>You should change the program based on weaknesses and things you have to improve.

He's a beginner, everything he does is a weakness and he has to improve everything.

Hangs are for the experienced. A newb just needs basic movement patterns, experience lifting from the floor (primarily with sub max singles to learn the 'groove' of the movement), and regular structure. Take my first suggested routine, for instance, the above covers sn/c&j, squat is used for overall strength building, press is used to strengthen the shoulders, PC are used for pulling strength. It covers all a newb needs, will not bore him to death with shadow bar training, and is no nonsense enough to keep him comming back three days per week.
>>
>>41817511
>He's a beginner, everything he does is a weakness and he has to improve everything.
That's stupid. Have you ever been coached? Something like that just doesn't help as much.

1)Your lockout is slow, you just don't understand how to get under the barbell fast
>Drop snatch

2) Your jerks keep sucking
> Experience with jerks from blocks, behind neck

3) The barbell doesn't accelerate at all in jerks
>Jerk drive

4) You can't get your knees out of the way in cleans effectiely
>Hang clean pulls below knees

And so on. That's what my coach does all the time. I think that's why my progress has been pretty fast in my 2 years oly lifting and isn't so frustrating as for others.

>Hangs are for the experienced.
Look at this guy

>A newb just needs basic movement patterns
Which are easier to learn when you have the right exercises so you can focus and feel different things

I honestly don't even care what you answer at this point because you know shit
>>
>>41816397
Muscle snatches + snatches from blocks and then some sets of full snatches. OHS, push press and some back work if I have energy at the end.
>>
>>41817628
>70kg snatcher has a nerd-raging meltdown

Both are basic programs from/adapted from Schmitz and Kono that will be very suitable for a casual lifter from /fit/. Again, there is no point addressing weaknesses like you do because everything a newb does is full of weaknesses.

>inb4 who is schmitz and kono
>>
>>41816657
What if you want to squat and press more?
>>
>>41817511
>Hangs are for the experienced
>>
>>41819521

>a roided up us lifter with ass form said for a cookie cutter program

Oh, I think I found your issue. Literally all of the top modern guys say you need to build up weaknesses in your lifts and a base of strength and gpp until you can be more specialized. That's what Ilya ilyin did, he started with tons of assistance and eventually stopped at the full lifts, front squat, and pulls as he "no longer had weaknesses" aka his form was perfect all the time.
>>
How often do you guys front/back squat compared to deadlifts and other pulls per week?
>>
>>41822153
One day snatch pull, one day clean pull, one day front squat, one day back squat. No deadlifts

That said, I'm shit and have no idea what I'm doing.
>>
>trying to pr
>form sucks because no coach
>keep falling forward
I feel like quitting weightlifting until I find a coach. But I love it so much
>>
Been away from /fit/ for awhile now. What are the current recommended brand of lifting shoe? I don't have a budget so I can go all out if necessary. I'll also be moving to Germany soon from America. Is it going to be harder to find an Olympic gym/coach if I'm not near a bigger city?
>>
File: crying.jpg (26KB, 619x453px) Image search: [Google]
crying.jpg
26KB, 619x453px
>wrists roughly as big as my mom's
brb never cleaning more than 3pl8
>>
File: based atg.jpg (28KB, 355x568px) Image search: [Google]
based atg.jpg
28KB, 355x568px
is allthingsgym based or what
>>
how to add sprinting and jumping to bulgarian
>>
File: pepe95.png (9KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
pepe95.png
9KB, 420x420px
What precent of your snatch can you all do muscle snatches for a set of 5, even if you had to guess what would you say?

I think Im an anomaly
>>
>>41824049
>anomaly

ur a faggot is what you are
>>
File: pepe68.png (4KB, 477x539px) Image search: [Google]
pepe68.png
4KB, 477x539px
>>41824069
the next post in this thread better be an apology from you to Me(Panzer)

or else
>>
>>41824049
Bout tree fiddy
Or some 70%.
>>
>>41824123
ok im running LSUS and I keep increasing my muscle snatch weight every week and I did 78% today and thought it was kinda easy but didnt go on cause I had to leave kinda quickly

muscle snatch best lift
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-15-14-25-38.png (1MB, 1259x1799px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-15-14-25-38.png
1MB, 1259x1799px
Comp tomorrow faggots. Hoping to do 120-127-133 and 150-157-162
>>
>>41824145
Yep, they're good. Really helped me diminish my horizontal displacement.

>>41824149
Good luck lad. I'm sure you'll do well.
>>
>>41816834
>Core
What do you recommend?
>>
>>41824228
Planks
Hyperextensions
Donkey kicks
Front rack holds
>>
>>41823338
Keep the bar closer during the second pull
>>
wlshoes has everything you need
>>
>>41824026
Don't do Bulgarian
>>41824049
Can probably do about fifty percent, never tried to do five before
>>
bamp
>>
>>41819521
Continue learning on your own, coachlet
>>
>>41824646
thanks man
>>
File: kill me.jpg (30KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.jpg
30KB, 400x267px
>>41807504
i would fuckin love to be heavy into olympic lifting but there's no room in my home gym

>tfw
>>
How do I avoid hitting my knees during the first pull of cleans?
Whenever I try to avoid my knees, my pulls are slow and I end up failing my lifts, but when it hits my knees I always make my lifts.
>>
>>41826177
Aren't your knees supposed to move back a bit as your hips rise during the first pull?
>>
>>41826208
When I think about moving my knees back I find that the bar starts to move away from me and I start to tip forward which screws up the rest of my lift.
>>
>>41826177
It's all about the setup. When it's right, it feels kinda awkward to do the first pull, but it's technically better that way. Sometimes beginners pull the barbell too close when they setup. You want to put the barbell on the top of your shoe lace, and then without moving your feet / barbell, setup so your shins touch the barbell a bit (some lifters don't even have any contact)

After that the barbell should get past the knees easily (if you have wide enough stance and foot angle for your proportions). Also remember to pull it using mostly quads, you should feel great pressure on your quads on your first pull.
>>
so the only wl place in my city is a crossfit-ish gym. lots of random equipement - plyo boxes, atlas stones, ropes for climbing, and ofc platforms and bumper plates

the wl coaches are national champs too , which is nice, but the only time you get a coach is during ''classes'' (they're free if you have a membership), and the team wl program is the same for everyone.

the fuck do i do? i thought coaches tailor shit personally and give u more than a day's worth of programming.
>>
>>41826245
You could try making your torso angle a bit more vertical to the point where you keep the bar path close but not making unnecessary contact.
>>
>>41820947
>Ilya ilyin

Nothing Ilyin does relates to you. He has been working from childhood under a state sponsored doping program. You are as far from him as a Sunday league footballer is from Cristiano Ronaldo and no one would recommend a newbie to train like Ronaldo.

Also, huge fucking KEK at you summing up Schmitz and Kono - the two most respected USA team coaches of all time and accomplished lifters with one being the most successful US lifter of all time - as 'roided up'. You bring up Ilyin, but the fucker was stripped of both of his olympic medals and world records when he tested POZ in 2016. Now his career is dead.
>>
>>41822243

Try A/B with snatch pull/front for a month and then clean pull/back. You'll get more. Also don't go over 3 reps and do sets across. 3-5x3 is a good guide.

If you want to do (and you can) a pull/squat 3 times per week consider going H/L (80% of working weight) and rotating each session.
>>
Why exactly shouldn't one do bulgarian
>>
>>41809982
get on dat kara's nine weeks of heaven
>>
I'm not visiting /fit/ anymore because of the shithole it has become but I will always bump that OWG if there is one (years ago, when the speed of this board was still reasonable we used to have an /owg/ all the time)

I just set some snatch PR yesterday (82@77). Still ways to go technique-wise but, the progress is good so far. Liftan for 8 month.
>>
>>41828221
>(years ago, when the speed of this board was still reasonable we used to have an /owg/ all the time)
>Liftan for 8 month.
>>
>>41828939
I did powerlifting and basic barbell stuff before finally switching to oly, bby
>>
>>41807504
Because nobody here is in the Olympics afaik
>>
>>41826809
Thanks my man, I'll try that out.
In fact, I've been thinking about daily squatting (rotating back and front) in a self-regulated manner. Something like starting at a 5 reps at 9RPE and from there increasing the weight/decreasing reps but keeping at 9RPE. When my single becomes a 9.5RPE the session is over. But I thought maybe that's a tad too intense for daily squatting and maybe 8 and 8.5RPE (or 9?) would be wiser.
>>
File: IMG_4850.jpg (183KB, 640x582px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4850.jpg
183KB, 640x582px
Le long femurs bro here.

Anyone here has hesitated about taking up oly because of this curse? Will I have a really hard time starting off?
How long can it take till I'll be cleaning my front squat 3rm?

Also, recommend me some ankle stretches I can do at home please.
>>
>>41831327
I'm also cursed with chimp limbs, my friend. I'm built to deadlift and nothing else. That doesn't make me hesitate though. There are guys at top level with subpotimal leverages and they do better than I ever will. That's not an excuse and I understand it.
>how long till I can clean my front squat 3RM
It all depends on your technique and physical intelligence. I'm a shit athlete and it took me about half a year to clean that much.

>ankle stretches
Wall ankle stretches. At the gym you can do that barbell-on-knees in a squat one.
>>
>>41831714
Ok, thanks for the input. May I ask how tall are you? And for how long have you been weightlifting? Stats?

Also, 6 months doesn't seem that long to be honest. I'd be quite ok with being able to clean 130 six months from now.
>>
>>41831873
pls be kilo
>>
>>41832207
Yes, kilos.
>>
>>41832257
thank god it actually was kilo for once
>>
>>41831873
>May I ask how tall are you?
171cm. Weightlifting? 6 months, lel, I'm a shit noobie at this point still. I come from a powerlifting background with a best total of 465kg. I'm not that experienced at all.

>130kg clean six months from now
That's your 3RM front squat, I'd imagine? Anyway, don't put your mind on reaching this or that ratio. Just work on improving your technique and getting your overall strength up. It'll take a while until you can clean what you can front squat.
>>
>>41832296
Lol, I totalled 460 2 months ago. You're my ten cm shorter copy it seems.

Yes, that's what I can front squat for three reps, and I get the point.
>>
>>41813406
are your knees supposed to bounce inward on a front squat?
>>
>>41832767
femurcels rotate like that to force bounce out of the hole, it's like a hip rotation.
>>
How do you guys adjust volume when peaking for competition? How often do you test maxes one month out from comp day?
>>
File: IMG_4719.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4719.png
1MB, 640x1136px
What did she mean by this?
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.