[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long does muscle take to repair itself after you lift? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1496061712253.jpg (268KB, 844x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1496061712253.jpg
268KB, 844x1280px
How long does muscle take to repair itself after you lift? I mean does it take several days or is it done within 24 hours? Are you still making gains are repairing muscle the next day or two and? I wondering if there's a 'best' way to time what and when you eat, like eat loads of the right stuff on the day you lift and then eat at maintenance the days you don't.
>>
>>41806157

>How long does muscle take to repair itself after you lift?

3 days. Maybe a bit less for upper body, bit more for legs.
>>
>>41806173
>this is what bro splitters ACTUALLY believe
>>
File: stevebrule.jpg (31KB, 375x281px) Image search: [Google]
stevebrule.jpg
31KB, 375x281px
>>41806157
Every muscle that tears, never fully recovers. This is why living things die (aside from sickness). If our muscles didn't tear, we would live for eons. The less you "build" muscle, the longer you will likely live.
>>
>>41806157

It depends on a lot of factors
>age
>diet
>genetics
>intensity of training
>drugs

Remember, recovery is NOT the same as growing. You can work out hard enough to need 7 days to recover, but it doesn't mean your muscles will be growing for 7 days.

This is exactly the reason why elite BBers use bodypart splits, and also the reason why noobs are retarded for thinking jumping on a 5 day BB split will make them look good.
As a noob, you don't need crazy volume for each bodypart to grow, so you can progress with work that only takes a couple days to recover from, hence full body routines or higher frequency PPL type routines.

As an elite lifter, you have to hit each muscle so damn hard to make it grow, and this is why you have to compromise frequency for the sake of gains, by giving each muscle 4-5 days to recover from this necessary volume.
>>
>>41806196
Dumbest thing I've ever read. Don't listen to this guy.
>>
>>41806196
Makes sense desu
Asians are nogains and don't lift but live for millenia.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.