[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been working out since february now and making pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: muscles-used-deadlift.jpg (62KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
muscles-used-deadlift.jpg
62KB, 500x469px
So I've been working out since february now and making pretty good progress. I do a PPL routine, and started deadlifting recently, and got a question

Should I be deadlifting on pull day or leg day? Doesnt it primarily work out your legs?
>>
nigga you are pulling dead weight off the floor, it's meant for pull day
>>
>>41802220
while the dead is actually a pull, keep in mind two things:

1. if you really want to fuck your legs up (particularly your posterior chain), do deads on leg day (squats first, accessory shit then deads)
2. if you are doing deads on pull day, perhaps do them first to get the most out of your grip, or do them last to train the weakest point (eventually it will be your grip)

or you can set aside a day specifically for certain movements. in my routine i have a day for deads, strict form standing military press, and then romanians for that day's workout
>>
I would say pull day. You really, really don't want to do squats and deadlifts on the same day since they're both big posterior chain exercises. I know /fit/ hates rest, and that it's for pussies, but you don't want to enter snap-city.
>>
>>41802236
Are you srs?
>>
>>41802236
>>41802283
>>41802275
New lifters spotted. It's okay to be new, but please refrain from giving "advice" if you have been lifting for a year or less. We do not want a cult of the blind leading the blind.
>>41802220
The deadlift uses the glutes, hamstrings and quads to move the weight, and the erectors, lats and traps to stabilise it.
The movers are the legs, so it is a leg lift.
Similarly, the squat is a leg lift because the movers are the glutes, hamstrings and quads while the erectors stabilise the weight.
Putting deadlifts on pull day is like putting OHP on leg day because even though the primary movers are the front delts and triceps, you need the core and legs for stabilisation.
>"But wait", >>41802283 and >>41802275 said, "what about fatigue management?"
From a sample routine I always post:
PPLPPLx
>Legs 1
Squat 5rm
Deadlift 3x5 @90%
Leg press or from mid thigh rack pulls or walking/stepping lunges or Bulgarian split squats 3xf superset with hanging leg raises 3xf
>Legs 2
Alternate the first two lifts

That way you train both twice a week but emphasise strength on one each seperate day/workout and do extra volume work with a submaximal load on the second.
>>
>>41802333
quality post, listen to this guy
>>
>>41802220
try both for a few weeks and see what you like best.
i personally like squatting and deadlifting on different days.

>>41802333
forgot adductors for prime movers in squat and deadlift.
just because a muscle(group) acts mostly as a stabilizer in a lift, doesn't mean it doesn't get used very heavily (like the erectors).
working the same muscles in a workout is a good method, but spreading it out is fine too.
>>
>>41803526
>spreading it out is fine too.
Honestly, I can't see that. If you always do push, pull, then legs, then you're always going to be squatting one day after deadlifts.
>>
"PPL" works because at the end of the week you've worked every muscle group at least twice, but there's nothing special about the concept, it's a fairly simplistic and dumb routine, nothing to be overthinking about.
>>
>>41802333
>3x5 @90%

damn you're a complete retard
>>
>>41803526
>i personally like squatting and deadlifting on different days.
what if i'm on SS
>>
>>41804089
when I did PPL, I just did LPPxLPPx, so i could deadlift the day after squats.

>>41804134
then just follow the program?
>>
>>41804123
It's a sample, if the weight is too heavy you can do 85 or 80%.
For reference, if you think that is too much, Rip has you do 5x5 @90%.
>>41804171
Yeah. You could also do

Push
Pull: Deadlifts, chinups
Legs: Front squat
Push
Pull: rows, chinups
Legs: Squat, light deadlifts

To minimise interference. Still, in your case we are losing some frequency (training about 5x week) while in this one we are losing some specificity. All of this for a whim of not putting deadlifts in leg day. I mean we are LARPing ITT anyway and you can do whatever the fuck you want, so who cares
>>
>>41804117
But why can't we decrease the leg day to two excersices and do them in one of the P days? That saves us two days of the week which is good for non-NEETs.
>>
>>41804313
then just do upper/lower (4x a week) or fully body (3x a week or even 2x).
>>
>>41804313
Well obviously commuting to the gym 6x week is less feasible the more you have to do, duh
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.