[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just saw this in a thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1463991901623.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1463991901623.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
"You can't gain muscle and lose fat. You either gain both or lose both. The ratio in which you gain/lose can obviously be manipulated by proper diet and workout."
Is this a meme statement?

So what is working out while on a caloric deficit?
I'm confused now.
>>
>>41800306
lmao
>>
lifting is a meme
>>
>>41800306
Reading the sticky is not that hard
>>
>>41800306
If you are eating at a calorie deficit, your body uses stored fat and muscle to fuel its energy needs based on the difference of how many calories you burned to how many you intake. The opposite is true for eating at a surplus in which you store fat and muscle to use at a time of a calorie deficit. Steroids cause muacles to recover at a quicker rate which in turn makes them grow more quickly. Steroids can also prevent your body from storing fat while still gaining muscle depending on the specific compounds you take.
>>
>>41800312
>>41800317
>>41800341
just fucking tell me what he meant
Always thought lifting on a deficit with good nutrition meant burn fat while slowly build muscle
>>
>>41800306
read the sticky

but also it's entirely possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, however not at the same respective rates as focusing on either specific goal
>>
>>41800347
So a deficit burns muscle? I just want to lose some fat and put on a normal amount of muscle
>>41800357
I wanna lose some chub then once its gone keep it off and build a little muscle
I hardly have any muscle anyways and I wanna lose fat first

Will losing fat then working on muscle like normal have any shitty side effects like hollow cheeks?
How do you avoid things like that, because I've heard losing weight too fast can give you auschwitz face or stretchmarks
>>
>>41800386
what is a "a little chub"?

also don't worry about loose skin too much unless you're 350+ lbs and go on some insane deficit

just start working out, lifting weights etc. and eat in a deficit, you'll be fine
>>
>>41800386
I couldn't tell you the exact line in the sand where your body starts using muscle as fuel as opposed to fat. It is there though. The rrason people are told to gain at least some weight before they cut is because building muscle on a calorie surplus is easy. On a calorie deficit is very difficult to impossible for some people. You have to get the right macros for you, not eat at much of a deficit which means you lose fat even more slowly, and continuously lift heavier each weak with less energy. The bulk/cut cycle was developed because its the most efficient way of gaining muscle, then losing fat consistently.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.