[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into ironclad willpower and motivation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0336.jpg (110KB, 634x812px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0336.jpg
110KB, 634x812px
How do I into ironclad willpower and motivation?
>>
>>41799711
burning self-hatred
>>
Willpower is a meme. The trick is to something long enough until it becomes a habit. It helps alot if you're autistic about daily routines too.
>>
>>41799731
Does that really work better than positive motivation? Genuinely curious. My default is self hatred.
>>
File: IMG_0267.jpg (153KB, 475x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0267.jpg
153KB, 475x750px
>>41799819
Wait is this what all of /fit/bros have been doing?
>>
>>41799711
You have to actually want to do it. You're not your own slave. People who are good at stuff are compelled to do those things, so if you do things you already feel compelled to do then you have undying motivation. So just figure out what you already want to do.

Fat people like to eat so they do it, skinny people don't feel the same compulsion to eat. Each of them would like the discipline to do what comes naturally to the other.

Otherwise, burning self-hatred.
>>
>>41799839
Pretty much, yeah. There's some initial "willpower" component to the start of every habit, but no one who's ever made it has had to consciously will themselves into the gym every day.

That initial willpower for most of /fit/ is mostly fueled by, like other anons have said, intense self-loathing. The trick is abandoning that self-loathing once you get into the routine of going though, because if you can't shake it then you end up with body dysmorphia, which will also contribute to keeping you going but is obviously not ideal.
>>
>>41799830
Unironically yes. My narcissism is what keeps me going.
>>
>>41799926
But if you hate yourself even with a gr8 8/8 body then you don't get to enjoy it

I will give self loathing guilt and punishment a try.
>>
>>41800042
Just don't get too far into it. If you look in the mirror right now and are genuinely content with what you see, don't give yourself body dysmorphia for gains, you'll literally just be more miserable.

I know some people might see me as a gains goblin for saying something like that, but honestly, its not indifferent from the fat fucks on here who come asking how to "acquire" anorexia to lose weight.

There are other ways to motivate yourself, some people use waifus or their oneitis, but when I (and I believe others as well) say self-hatred fuels them, that hatred was there to begin with, and lifting is just a (possibly hopeless) attempt at rectifying the issue.

Tl;dr don't start hating yourself just for the sake of gains, its a never-ending cycle, but if you already hate yourself, by all means, channel that hate into self improvement
>>
>>41800128
makes sense actually
if I already hate myself
that's some wasted potential energy right there
might as well be jacked and hate myself
then just hate myself for free
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.