[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

inb4 go2doctor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: rotator-cuff.jpg (235KB, 646x438px) Image search: [Google]
rotator-cuff.jpg
235KB, 646x438px
I was doing reverse flys and snapped my shit up. I heard a pop in my rotator cuff area on my left side. Pretty sure it's a sprain. Now it's tender and makes crunchy noises if I move it.

Anyone with experience treating it? I'm gonna put an ice pack on it and stop lifting until it feels better. How long until I should start lifting again/how long did it take you to recover. Should I do some mobility stretches in a few weeks? Should I just amputate and get a robot arm?

Also done with reverse flys.
>>
>>41797719
Go see a doctor mate.
>>
>>41797741
webmd told me I could treat at home
>>
>>41797719
It's probably popping because something is swollen/inflamed. It will go down over time and the pain will ease.

Just take a week or two off completely, then try returning at 50%.. if you're ok, then work back up to normal over a month. If not, then take another week or two off.

Sucks, but you can always do leg days.
>>
>>41797719

I'm dealing with a rotator cuff thing right now. I'm taking like 3 weeks off, and taking Ibuprofen like every 8 hours to help with the swelling.

Don't do basically anything on it. If you have a safety squat bar, or smith machine at your gym, then you can do squats. Machines that work your legs are fine too, but basically everything else is out.
>>
>>41797719
Dude you should get an ultrasound to rule out any lesions in the rotator cuff tendons. If it's only soft tissue trauma, take easy on it for a few weeks and start slowly rebuilding strength to rotator cuff + scapular muscles.
>>
>>41797859
Any exercises for rebuilding strength in rotator cuff?
>>
>>41797719
>>41797791

It will take ~3 months (if you haven't completely destroyed your rotator cuff) to recover fully.

If it hurts go to a fucking doctor.

Don't do flys/pull-overs/OHP for a while, at least a week, and then exercise WITH PROPER FORM using A FRACTION of your usual weight.

I would avoid >>41797844
>Ibuprofen
without visiting a fucking doctor and moreover I would seriously avoid taking something like that to "mask" the pain while you're at the gym.

Pain is your friend, listen to her.

Shoulders and knees are the only two articulations you should actually care when training with free weights. Stay safe on those.
>>
>>41797719
>heard a pop in my rotator cuff area
>How long until I should start lifting again?
Are you retarded? Go to the doctor NOW.
>>
>>41797741
>>41798359
Ask me how I know you're not American,
>>
Medstudentfag here.

Go to a physio mate. It probably is a sprain and a visit to the GP will just get you painkillers and a referral to the physio anyway. They'll really sort you out though. Which ligaments are sore, what stretches to do, what to watch out for, how to recover faster, all that.
>>
>>41800268
Which ligaments? Ligaments aren't innervated dingus, they don't cause pain by themsleves. Brah when you're a doctor you're gonna get patients with rotator cuff strains for sure if you do a rotation in emergency (yeah people are stupid enough to go to emergency with shoulder strains). Anyway, right advice to go to a physio who can check it out/treat. OP, I'd advise going to a physio; make sure you pay close attention to form when they teach you the exercises, and the other important thing is not to rush and gradually progress the load etc

T.physio
>>
If you have insurance go see a doctor and get an xray done. I just went through a shoulder issue where I stretched out my ac ligament while benching. I started doing chest and shoulder stuff again after 2 weeks and everything felt okay except for OHP. Didn't even try flat bench. I'll probably wait another week until I do those again.

If you can see a doctor then just take 2 weeks off and carefully work chest and shoulder exercises back in. Just listen to your body.
>>
>>41800501
If you CAN'T see a doctor**
>>
>>41800501
Ligaments don't show on xray, man some people give terrible advice.
>>
>>41797791
Webmd also told me my stomach flu was cancer
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.