[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fucked up back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: tfw.png (6KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
6KB, 205x246px
/backproblems/ general
So I got my diagnosis the other day. I have spondylolisthesis grade 1, degenerative disc disease, spondylosis and several disc protrusions. at 22 years old. AT FUCKING 22. doc says the L5 vertebra must have slipped when I was very young (10-15) and all of the other shit just followed.
my back aches everywhere pretty much constantly but I dont have sciatica (yet) because the nerves are not that compromised.
so /fit/ where do I go from here?
surgery is not an option at this age because it could have severe complications.
I will start physiotherapy soon. I need to strengthen my core (even more). I was thinking about starting swimming 2-3 times a week and doing isolation exercises to preserve some of my gains. I was never big on squats and deads, only went up to 2pl8 because I was worried about my back and watched my form religiously (ironic innit). but no more compounds for me.
anyone having similar problems got some advice for me? Am I doomed to a life of pain, nogains and opiate addiction? Is it ogre for me? how do you manage? I am scared and feel like my life went down the shitter. I'm not gonna make it.
>inb4 squats and oats lol
>inb4 just deadlift through the pain
>>
>>41795782
inversion table
weed
kratom
>>
>>41795782
Holy fuck this is probably me.

Severe back pain sometimes

Pain on one side a lot of the time on squats and deadlifts

Can feel a bit of something protruding on one side in lower back

Still haven't went to the doctor just googled shit and trying everything they said for months. Fuck man I'm getting worried I'm going to have something rly fucked just like you,
>>
>>41795820
will try kratom and inversion table. weed makes me paranoid and anxious. thanks for the tip
>>41795840
it's probably just muscle strains, calm down.
go to the doctor though, it's better to know this shit. get an Xray or MRI
btw according to a study like 6-8% of young adults have spondylolisthesis. I thought it was something old people had to deal with. fuck.
>>
>>41795840
Keep lifting and ignore the pain ofc dum dum
>>
>>41795908
No way it's a muscle strain, there's a pretty significant bulge on one side and hurts like fuck
>>
File: 1493554987919.png (15KB, 596x295px) Image search: [Google]
1493554987919.png
15KB, 596x295px
>>41795782
dont get fat whatever you do, try non contact sports like swimming 3x a week, maybe to a hard calisthenics routine, it requires very low bf but it gives you a strong core which will help you back allot, weightlifting isnt the only way to get a good physique
>>
>>41796044
thank you. that's what I was thinking.
more worried about the pain now tbqh. I don't want to take opiates. I think I would get hooked pretty fast. still, if this shit gets worse I might have to consider it.
>>
>>41796209
Buy dr stuart mcgill's back mechanic book
>>
Was in similar boat to you Anon.

Had progressing sciatica for several years before protruding L5 finally took me out of the game. Tried Chiropractor and generally just stretches during those years. Doc said at the age of 22 I had one of the worst cases of sciatica that he had seen. He also joked that I'll be a repeat customer every 10 years. About a year past the surgery currently,

I haven't tried a serious deadlift or squat since then, the pressure at low weight on the back is too much.I can still do just about everything else. So I started incorporating machines more into my workouts.

Surgery changed the outlook I had on life. Just stretch religiously and listen to when your back has said it's had enough.
>>
>>41795782
hwo did it happen?
>>
>>41796415
Not op but fuck man shit like this really does make you step back and look at the picture, huh?

I'm starting to feel like training for strength rather than utility and health with strength being a side effect is the real way to go.
>>
I'm with you OP

>24
>6'3
>extra lumbar vertebrae
>constant back pain
>no surgury option
>no good meds 'cause so young

I want to get disability, but I don't know how
>>
>>41796432
I don't know.
It happens in a lot of children and young adults. Some minor trauma or bad movement can cause it. I was an active child, played sports and did martial arts. a little bone breaks in your spine, you dont even notice it for 5-10 years, then BAMM. you are fucked. nice one, evolution. thanks for the bipedalism and weak little bones.
>>41796415
yeah, it's time to change my lifestyle. this can't go on for much longer. fuck.
>>41796590
best of luck to you anon.
>>
>tfw in canada and not sure how to get help for back problems

How do I get an mri or xray

Which is better
>>
>>41796815
MRI. It shows the bones, discs, hernias and how much water the disc contains.
X-ray only shows the bones, and causes radiation damage (though it is negligeble compared to a CT)
But the protocol is that X-ray comes first. they might do both or just the X-ray.
Go to an orthopedist, or have your GP refer you to one.
>>
>>41796965
don't have gp so I guess ill see walk-in doctor and ask for mri
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.