[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lifting with bruised ribs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4053.jpg (67KB, 720x495px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4053.jpg
67KB, 720x495px
So that this all makes sense I'm going to set up a bit of backstory before I ask my dumbass question to y'all.

Me and my friends get together every weekend for some bare knuckle boxing, wrestling, and laughing at boxing/MMA highlights.

Last week we all ended up getting a little drunk after I landed a right cross on my buddy and broke the fuck out of his nose. I helped fix it, and he got to hit me wherever as payback. I thought it was only fair since he's got to explain to his boss why he looks like he got mugged over the weekend.

So I figured him being the guy he was he would kick me so hard in the balls my ancestors would feel it, so as I brace for the hit he moves to my left and gets in five left hooks to my ribcage, each one hurting a little more than the last, after which we just sort of gave up on FC rules and straight up beat the piss out of each other.

So I have rather badly bruised ribs. But I'm not a baby so I still went I the gym and would try to do my normal routine. Found that the pain would cause me to tap out around set 15, leaving 5 entire sets of whatever the fuck (in this case it was chest, then bicep, then shoulders) I had left to do completely unfinished and me feeling like an heroing.

Stupid question is, should I keep lifting as normal or should I rest and let my ribs heal? If anyone could give me some advice too on lifting with an injury I would really appreciate it.
>>
You guys should stop being animals and then wait until you are both 18 of age for the starters. Until then, go see a doctor and have an xray or shit.
>>
>>41792785
I'm 24 and my buddy is 27, we're all within at least four years of each other.

I was thinking about going to see a doctor, but I've broken ribs before and it doesn't feel like they're busted, just bruised. I'll go anyway though lol, worst that could happen is he says I've wasted his time.
>>
Yeah I have three broken ribs fml
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.