[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some wheelchair-pushing exercises, Ms /fit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 1
Thread images: 1

fa/tg/uy here, I don't browse /fit/, so forgive me if I act like a total a newfriend

My grammama has more or less been consigned to a wheelchair recently, and I'm doing most of the pushing. She lives in a pretty hilly area and I've recognised after the first couple of trips around that I'm going to hurt myself if I don't think ahead.

The weight is bad enough but she's also very frail and if something goes wrong it's going to go really wrong. She won't really have the ability to keep herself in the chair, she won't really have the ability to protect herself in a fall and with contact with the pavement she'll probably explode like a bad guy in Robocop

I do a fair bit of cardio (heaps of hiking, elliptical/exercise bike when it's wet) but I haven't done any other kind of exercise in years. I've been 'flabby with good calves' for a long time.

I'm bang on 6' so the wheelchair feels a little low, and I'm hunched forward to keep control of it when moving downhill. This will obviously be the end of my back if I continue. I think I can technically stay in control and keep my back straight but currently I simply don't have the mass to keep my shit together in that situation.

I was reasonably fit back in like 2013 but last time I checked I couldn't do a pushup, or couldn't do two, or something, so I'm going to go back to do bodyweight exercises, but it's been a long time. I'll go and leaf through your /bwg/ but if you've got any dirty pointers I've love to hear them. Particularly set/rep lists, which don't seem to be listed. I was just following one of those last time.

I'll be pushing her around again in less than a week so what I probably need most is whatever I can do that will prepare and protect myself while I'm still in meat popsicle zone.

Any help is appreciated

No replies in the DB for this post!
Thread posts: 1
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.