[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lifting noob

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3320.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3320.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Alright /fit/, after about a year of manic depression I've started reading up religiously on eating healthier and lifting plus exercise to not only cure my eternal sadness but also feel good about myself.

I've been lifting for about 2 months now, and I currently am 6"2 at 265 lbs.
I grew up obese, lost a shit ton of weight and then gained it all back after a few years when I lost all desire to care about myself.
So I can't really tell if I'm making any progress or if I'm even at a respectable build. Besides my obvious huge estrogen nipples and fag haircut, what can you guys point out that needs work, and would you recommend I do cardio, or just keep doing my lifting routine.
I usually lift 3 different sets of dumbells in a circuit, 25lbs, then 20 lbs, then 10 lbs (one in each hand). I've seen some techniques but honestly I just do a huge combination of different things that make my arms and chest burn. It's more endurance than heavy weights, so think like curling, then pulling, rows, punches, squats, above the head, etc all in one rep. Basically doing all of this until failure, and then I rest for a minute and move onto the lower weight set, rinse repeat.
I also have an ez curl barbell with 50lbs that I do squats and whatnot with.
Is this a good method to keep on doing?
I've only done it for a month and some so far and I've definitely noticed and felt some gains. But I'm still fat as fuck at least.
What do you y'all think?
>>
Op you're pathetic just keep lifting but at higher weight
>>
You are aware you look like shit, but you need to realise that you will continue to look like shit for a while, as change takes a long time. Keep your before picture, but don't check back for 6ish months, that will be enough to gauge whether or not what you've been doing is working. You seem to be motivated, at least in the short term, but you should focus on changing from being dependent on motivation to simply developing the discipline and habit of sticking to your routing, and doing something every day (even if it's just stretching on rest days).

It doesn't sound like you really have a routine, so do a little more research until you've found one you like, but don't just stop and be sedentary in the meantime, keep exercising. I highly recommend you add in cardio on your off days. C25K, hiit, cycling, swimming, hiking, just do something and minimize your risk of injury (feel free to try running but at your weight it might not be the kindest thing for your knees).

Equally as important is that you eat at a consistent caloric deficit, and do so CONSISTENTLY for the foreseeable future.

TL;DR: read the fucking sticky
>>
I can see the sadness in your eyes. I came here to call you a salami fuck and make other hilarious fat jokes. But damn anon, you don't deserve shitposting. I'm fucking rooting for you man, go out and grab life by the balls and kick ass. I hope to see you back here in a year with stories of conquering not only yourself and pussy, but life itself. God speed anon, god speed.
>>
Salami fuck
>>
>>41788254
Didn't read lol

Read the sticky
>>
>>41788516
Oh it's all good man, I use to get pussy on the reg and slay pussy all the time back when I was lean from doing manual labor all the time. I'm rooting for myself too.
>>
>>41788254
are you cutting??? cut
>>
you dont deserve that hair, give it to me fatty.
>>
File: Intermittent Fasting 16 8.jpg (70KB, 728x488px) Image search: [Google]
Intermittent Fasting 16 8.jpg
70KB, 728x488px
>>41788254
You have to get your diet under control, anon.

That being said, good work. Keep it up.

You can do this.
>>
If you actually think that lifting routine is anything even close to good then I know you were lying about having read up on the subject. What books told you to do this silly shit?
>>
>>41789341
I definitely think it works to build muscle. I had almost no muscle at all when I started lifting and you can clearly see some definition now. I'm talking like 4 sets of 50-60 reps with each weight. It has I be doing something...
>>
>>41789583
If you had read any books on the subject like you claim you would know that anything you're doing 50 reps with is too little resistance to trigger adaptation. It's not a matter if strength but endurance. The size increase you're seeing is a temporary increase in blood flow to the subjected area due to the activity, not any actual gains.

Again, read a book nigger.
>>
I think you should read the fucking sticky and post more coherently

I also think you should keep it at, and wish you luck
>>
>>41788254

lift heavy mah dude. it'll help with most of your problems
>>
Are you cutting or bulking? Managing calories?
>>
>>41789583
Failure at:
1-5 Reps = Strength Gain
6-12 Reps = Mass Gain
12+ = Endurance at that weight.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.