[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Type II SLAP tear, is surgery worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: closeupslap tear.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
closeupslap tear.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
So, last year I fucked up my shoulder pretty badly. I partially tore my tendon and torn my labrum making a type II SLAP tear.

Doctors told me to get off the gym for a couple months but after a month I came back training with 1kg dumbells and right now (9 months later) I am training almost like before.

Thing is some days I have this pain on my shoulder or I have to really warm up to avoid pain. And I'm always afraid that I'll do a bad movement.

Thing is, as I'm training and the pain is only some days. It is worth the surgery? Anyone here has the same injury?
>>
>>41787707
don't ask /fit ask a doctor. I promise you none of us are medical experts who specialize in tendon afflictions. Even if one of us was, you'd have no way of knowing. Just literally schedule an appointment and have a chat.
>>
>>41787746
Went to two doctors. One told me to stop all sports-related activiy and go into surgery, another, specialized in sports injuries told me that the only way to fully stop the pain is surgery but that it's up to me, that if I can train now I can keep on going and it's not going to get worse.
>>
>>two doctors tell you to get surgery

Why even go to them if you're not going to listen?
You should do the surgery yourself though. Don't want them fucking it up
>>
>>41788017
Literally can't use my arm for 3 months. Need a support for it 24/7 and then at least 6 months of rehab.

Not up for that desu, that's why. I don't think it's worth it but always good to know what good old fit thinks.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.