[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I cut/Need help with cutting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Trying to get on a summer cut for the first time in my life
current body fat should probably be anywhere between 12-15% unless I have no idea what I'm talking about
I want to get shredded
Pic related its me (Ignore everything else I didn't want to clean the room) Also my friend says I'm too small to cut
>>
Shameless bump
>>
>>41786687
you have like no muscle mass and you're more like 18% bf right now

cut down to 12% if you want to fall for the "hey I have a 6 pack, but look like an absolute dyel in t shirts meme"

ootherwise if I were you I'd go on a slow bulk like a +600ish surplus, lift, and put on some mass
>>
>>41786757
So is it okay for me to cut a bit to abs, or keep with it on the bulk, cause my gains aren't slowing down and I'm not plateud yet.
My one rep maxes are below:
Bench: 195
Squat: 305
Deadlift: 365
>>
i'd cut down to having abs if i were you. you'll get a confidence boost from being lean, any gains you make afterwards will be more visible due to you being lean and learning how to cope with functioning on a deficit is just a good thing to do if you want to get in to bodybuilding.

plus then you've got bulking to look forward to
>>
>>41786791
do whatever you wanna do my dude

if you want abs then go ahead and cut, I was just telling you what I'd do in your situation
>>
>>41786873
>>41786900
I like the idea of cutting down to abs, I'm currently 165 pounds at 5'8, from what I'm planning on doing is intermittent fasting and replacing my dinner with a protein shake. Its my first time trying so I don't know what I'm doing, any tips?
>>
>>41786935
Count calories and macros. Calories should be anywhere from 1500-1800 depending on TDEE and cardio. Get ~150g of protein a day and try to keep sugar low. Daily cardio and progression in weight lifting.

We have a really similar body type but I'm a little taller and weigh a little more. In almost two months I dropped from ~195 to ~186 losing about a pound a week doing what I just described.
We can make it brah
>>
>>41787045
Yo I hope so man since its the summer, and I always over train over the summer since I can get away with sleeping 10+ hours, I've been lifting everyday, with a 5k run sprinkled in every other day

One day I want to look like this
>>
>>41786935
just pay more attention to the numbers, really. count calories and protein, make sure you're exercising, all this sort of thing is in the sticky.

one thing that helps is to knock an extra 100 calories off what you think you should be eating. also might not be for everyone, but i know what helped me is weighing myself almost compulsively: once in the morning, once in the evening. it helped me to get a better feel for how much i was actually eating throughout the day
>>
>>41787202
thanks for the tip senpai
>>
>>41786791
congrats, but [SS+GOMAD trigger alert] unless you're a powerlifter, lifting heavy weights is useless. notice how 99% of guys in the gym who have shredded summer bodies don't even do squats or deadlift.

you need to go on a brosplit, one day chest + tris, one day biceps + back/shoulders, one day legs, and abs whenever they're not sore. just focus on the 8 to 12 rep range, 4 sets per excercise, and go until you're sore (about 4 to 5 exercises per muscle group). everyone on /fit/ hates on generic gym routines like these, but seriously look at every single guy in the gym who is aesthetic af and they're doing a brosplit.

no need to cut your calories too much, just a -200 defecit with low carbs and high protein and you'll see after about a month you will have visible abs and start looking nice and striated ;D.
>>
>>41787364
Thanks, but I do like a hybrid thing anyways, I start out with my main workout of the day which I try to go heavy as I can for, and then I usually do a couple of sets of 8-12 range for everything else in that muscle group like below

Day 1- Squat/ Leg day/ abs
Day 2- Shoulder press or clean/ Arms/ Cardio
Day 3- Bench/ Chest/ Abs
Day 4- Deadlift/ Back/ Cardio
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.