[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alpha destiny sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 11

File: ss+(2017-06-13+at+03.41.22).jpg (93KB, 603x581px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-06-13+at+03.41.22).jpg
93KB, 603x581px
Hopefully you guys don't buy into his garbage, right?

This isn't me being bias but i believe he's one of the worst fitness youtubers now. i think he will really get someone injured.

He uses some basic programming knowledge to serve as rhetoric for him and it's pretentious enough to get idiot kids all over his dick.
Next all the lifts appeal to the weaklings because they give an illusion of strength, i havent seen him do any full rom movement without 3000 bands, and cheating. All his workouts have tons of axial loading which is terrible for you.

His shit is gimmicky, once someone switches from his illustratory garbage onto normal lifts they will get injured possibly. A strong floor press will make you VERY weak in the bottom of a normal bench

Rack pulls are pure garbage as a workout, power shrugs, normal shrugs, farmers walks all have way more benefits than a lift that has the maximum axial loading possible and therefore limits your recovery by a huge amount.

Why do you think deadlifts are done usually 1x5 one time a week? This is even worse than deadlifting like 5 times a week.

Pure garbage manlet, overcompensating, ego lifts to make you feel strong but you wont be.
>>
his program actually gives you gains though

also a lot of the shit he does is similar to Bugenhagen's, which /fit/ loves. It's fine to hate manletdestiny because he's 3'2 but let's be honest here.
>>
That's not why you hate anyone, you hate him becuase his program gives an illusion of strength.

Doing normal squats, Doing a normal bench etc would all build more athletism and actual strength. His programs are all based on illusion of being big and strong.

Just because you floor press 200 and can only bench 170 doesn't mean you're weaker if you did the bench. you're probably stronger.

bench builds floor press better than floor press does.
>>
>>41786024
this insecure manlet made a video because some dyel laughed at him in the gym
think about that for a second
>>
>>41786024
>Why do you think deadlifts are done usually 1x5 one time a week?
you were doing so well up until here
>>
>>41786024
>Why do you think deadlifts are done usually 1x5 one time a week? This is even worse than deadlifting like 5 times a week.

?
>>
>>41786248
Sorry bro that you disagree, but can you explain?

Most natties do 1x5 once a week, i could not handle doing heavy squats and deads 2 times a week, so i do squats 2-3 times a week, and deads once and it goes up just as quick.

i think squats are accessory enough for deads w/o the loading that makes it hard to recover from.

maybe my recovery just sucks? I may be bias, but i am confident that many stick to 1x5 1 time a week on deadlifts.
>>
Axial loading on deadlifts is the reason they're hard to recover from, and prescribed by strength coaches to be done with not much frequency, just high intensity.

Rack pulls are extreme with the loading.
>>
>>41786160
not one well-adjusted adult loves youtube fitness personalities. If you're allowed to buy beer, you're too old to watch insecure man-children talk about slathering their face with minox to get the beard they always wish they had
>>
>>41786024
Yeah I watched him for a bit until he started talking about training your neck and recommending to train your neck with zero reasoning or justification.
>>
>>41786286
Yeah, that's a good maxim to live by lol. I've never actually learned anything from these kind of fags.
>>
>>41786269
post lifts
>>
File: metalgeartrump.png (711KB, 1315x998px) Image search: [Google]
metalgeartrump.png
711KB, 1315x998px
The problem with his form advice (and his advice in general) is that it is mainly for intermediate to advanced lifters.

You shouldn't even start Naturally Enhanced as a novice but he doesn't really mention that much because money.

His advice still good tho.
>>
>>41786269
Maybe if you're a novice that is sufficient. If you want to do any sort of powerlifting programming, that is not at all sufficient volume.
>>
>>41786269
From this comment I can see your knowledge is very little regarding programing
>Hurr Durr natties only deadlift once a week 1x5
Bro you're probably a novice who read starting strength and thinks he knows something with your sub 3pl8 deadlift
>>
>>41786376

my deadlift is 375
Squat is 250
Bench is 196
row 225
Overhead press 140

Deadlift is going up 5lbs biweekly.

Squats build my lower back enough and rows do too to build my deadlift, i don't need to deadlift twice a week. i've done it before, i seen no point and had to deload way more often because i was nearing overtraining.

I've been lifting for a year about, fucked around and made no gains for the first few months though. Bench is weak becuase i was floor pressing for many months.
>>
>>41786413
btw these are my worksets, 1x5 dead 3x5 for the rest.

idk my true 1 rep maxes, i don't do that shit. what ever a calculator would tell me but i don't know if i can actually hit those numbers or not.
>>
>>41786413
why are you trying to make these claims when you're weak?
>>
>>41786434
I'm stronger than you I guarantee. It doesn't matter if i was weak, or if i am strong though. Since an appeal to authority argument doesn't mean shit, kid.

Does this mean kali muscle knows more than everyone on this board? Does it mean alpha destiny knows nothing, becuase he's small?
Does it mean scott herman knows more than you about overhead pressing?

you're a fucking idiot, kid.
>>
>>41786454
>kid
no that other guy but kys
>>
>>41786456
"kys" that little leafy fanboy bluffing on the internet, you're fucking huge m8.

This is why i don't use these garbage boards though, the only place you can discuss shit without little virgins acting like they're tough is real life.

You're small and pathetic as shit kid, you know you'd get fucked if you spewed your bullshit in real life in that small 110lb frame you own.
>>
>>41786413
Those are still novice stats, do you know that? Wait untill you hit 4plates on the deadlift and your rows and 1x5 won't help, you will need more variation and different progression methods.
>>
>>41786454
>i'm stronger than you i guarantee
kek, not even close
>kid
why do people like you always resort to saying this?

I'm saying you don't know shit. People who are strong usually know more than weak people. Just because you've read and forgotten those lifting articles and watch those bullshit youtube videos doesn't mean you know shit. There's a lot of weak people like you who make all sorts of claims because their favorite youtube star said so
>>
>>41786483
consider suicide manlet
>>
>>41786488
Yes, i'm about to switch to a new program since most of my illustratory gains (recently) are mostly coming from deloads, so a fresh nervous system.

i can 1 rep above 4 plates probably.

Once i hop onto a better program, after i research them enough then maybe ill end up deadlifting 2 times a week or some shit, but i know it's not going to be with the 90+% effort that i do currently, every single week.
therefore what i said still isn't really wrong about 1x5, no one does that shit at 60% of their 1rm. doing it multiple times with 85% squats 3x5, and 85% rows 3x5 have worked extremely well for me and have allowed me to recover very well.
>>
>>41786496

"favorite youtuber star"

even though it's explicitly clear that i dislike every fitness personality?
>>
>>41786544
yes
>>
ITT: jealous lankets who cant get gains
>>
So wait youre mad a mass program builds mass?
>>
>>41786645
you mean a no rom program builds ego

it doesn't build shit

conventional lifts build mass the most effectively, destinies garbage builds egos not mass more effectively than a conventionally made program.

it's gimmicky garbage.
>>
>>41786630
i'm 5'9, i don't think i'm a manlet or a lanklet. I posted my lifts anyway.
>>
>>41786413
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>41786413
With stats like those, you should be posting in /plg/
>>
>>41786300
But having a thick neck looks great
>>
>>41786784
Why are you laughing when you have no life, are small, and are bullied?

Kid you're a self identified 4channer, i can't imagine a cringey faggot like you in my class.
>>
I like rack pulls. Just started doing them (strapless) noticed some forearm and trap gains already.

After pulling 555 and holding it, my max deadlifts don't seem so heavy (435 currently). Holding 3pl8 after doing 555lb rack pulls feels like feathers. I hold 3pl8 as long as I can for my last set.
>>
>>41786828
You deduced all that from "HAHAHAHA?" You're a lot smarter than I thought. Wow!
>>
call him a manlet one more time and this will happen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwryl0tKN8M
>>
>>41786903
Hey bro, i'm not against rack pulls, i'm against alpha destiny style rack pulls.

435 and rack pulling 555 sounds good. Destiny does something like
Pulling 435 and rack pulling 1200. it's absolutely retarded, it only is for working his traps which can be done with shrugs just as effectively.

normal rack pulls are GOOD.
>>
>>41786339

He does.
>>
>>41786214

Doing powerlifting movements while never ever competing lmfao.

What if I told you that trap bar deadlift, weighted dips and hack squat/deadlift are far more better than your fatliffting shit.
>>
>>41786024
His beginner program is legitimately GOAT.
>>
>>41786286
I'd say Jeff Cavaliere is at least respectable.
>>
>>41787074
The big three aren't popular because of powerlifting. They are prominent because they're really good exercises, so they decided to make a meme sport out of it.

>powerlifting movement
does not fucking exist
>>
>>41786024
I agree that he's a huge (lol) faggot, but more so because of his PUA mentality and self-absorbed bullshit, his programming is actually not that bad. Novice program is acceptable, NE is good if you're able to haul some serious weight and your main goal is muh aesthetics, even his "look like x celebrity by doing y" shit on his website has some merits, as it covers most of the bases for getting somewhat fit, albeit nowhere near the guys he uses as examples but who honestly believes this anyway.

tl;dr yes he's a cunt and should be tortured publicly, but no, not for the reasons you listed
>>
File: 1491142743312.jpg (14KB, 238x217px) Image search: [Google]
1491142743312.jpg
14KB, 238x217px
>>41786688
>i'm 5'9, i don't think i'm a manlet
>>
>>41787074
I don't have a trap bar or anything, these are all weights i got for free from rogue, bumpers, their ohio bar, and a rack.
>>
But i would continue doing everything i do, i'd just probably do more trap bar deadlifts if i ended up liking them.
>>
>>41787175

Dude i wont argue with you, just by the way of you typing I know you are from reddit.

Just leave and never come back. Stop trying to fit in with these "le manlet memes".

Its not funny nigger.
>>
>>41787168

>tldr

Leave
>>
>>41787168
I don't dislike him for his beginner program, although it's not optimal and gimmicky, it still will build a decent amount of strength (less athletic than just full rom conventional, but not too extreme)

I have an issue with his excessive band use that isnt actually beneficial, and his garbage rackpulls. those are my main issues.
>>
>>41787207
Reddit is for faggots, 4chan is aswell. Why do you think i'd be from reddit? All circle jerks are dishonest and retarded, i only will shit post once in a while if it has a chance of benefitting me, i want more people to dislike alpha destiny. he's garbage in every aspect that i can think of.
you have the wrong person thoguh with the manlet meme shit, i never mentioned that garbage and don't really give a fuck unless it has an impact on their mentality.
>>
>>41786483
wow actually triggered by memes
>>
>>41787189
trap bar deadlift is mechanically identical to a quarter-squat, nothing more than egolifting crap.
>>
File: 57267326.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
57267326.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
He did a service making blahino cry. That's the only compliment I will give him.
>>
>>41787217
no

>>41787218
rack pulls are pretty based if you don't go above mid-shin and your recovery is on point. else it becomes an ego lift yeah. and I hate the bands too, but nobody would copy that shit in a sound mind anyway
>>
>>41786024
Blaha pls shoo
>>
>>41786024

Opinion disregarded

If you do this as a natty you're very weak.
>>
>>41787340
You're dumb as fuck then lol
>>
>>41787286
Blaha is pretty good for info. he didn't own blaha anyway, that video was really shitty, look at how he talks in the first minute. it's one of the most autistic sounding voices ive ever heard.
>>
>>41787452
>t. sub 5pl8 deadlifter

Are you sure I'm the dumb one?

Doing a Dietmar PL program with pull variation 4 times a week, be it deficit snatch grip, or normal pulls, increased my deadlift from 220 to 240 in 8 weeks.

Just because you have >"abs" when hunching over and coughing, and able to bench 80kg doesn't mean you know shit.

Now get off this board you dumb fucking DYEL
>>
>>41787476
are you autistic kid somethings wrong with you LOL
>>
>>41787074
>powerlifting movements
went full retard there
>>
>>41787465
Blaha's advice is terrible, and even if it wasn't, you can't take him seriously because he has no accomplishments or redeeming qualities about his physique or strength at all. Besides, if he is willing to lie about doing snatch and grabs in the CIA, he is definitely willing to make up bullshit to peddle on youtube.

>keep your palms parallel to your body when you bench
>don't warm up, ever
>seriously, don't warm up, because blaha pulls 500 without a warmup
>says knee wraps are bad based on a study of ten people, the max squat out of all of them being less than 400
>has used wraps before
He contradicts himself every other day and the only reason his """advice""" is good because he googles it, and takes every stance possible, so you have to agree with him on at least something eventually

>didn't own blaha
the motherfucker was clearly crying
>>
can someone post one of his videos so I can laff pls
>>
>>41786024
Hi Hemingway
>>
>>41787513

I think his ideas on warming up are correct, you don't need 3000 hours of "warming up" when it's just going to prime your muscles to lift heavier weights.

Max aita says the same shit.
>>
File: 1304376955947.png (341KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1304376955947.png
341KB, 500x375px
>>41787581
>walk into the gym
>deadlift 500 lb
>>
>>41786024
Imagine being someone who would type out this much about a guy on youtube he hates.
>>
>>41787661
imagine being able to type more than 10 words a second so that it takes less than a minute

woah!

imagine using 4chan only once per year

ironic fag, self identified 4channer prob has spent 1000 hours on this shitty site.
>>
Literally just a shorter, smaller, weaker, fatter version of pic related
>>
>>41786286
Just because people put time and effort into their looks it doesn't mean that they're fucking manchildren
I think the dude is just genuinely trying to help and if his approach is too gay for you then you might aswell fuck off. I don't even watch him but I hate this talk of "you're too old for that". No one is too old to care about their looks and we all wouldn't be on this board or even lift, if we didn't care
inb4 muh train for strength
Chances are you're not a powerlifter
inb4 your insecure
No i'm not, faggots like you just need to be put in their place
>>
File: 1497071051858.png (623KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1497071051858.png
623KB, 800x800px
>>41786413
AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

I knew that only a fucking idiot would be saying such ignorant shit
>>
>>41787813
>
who dat
>>
>>41787895
autistic nerd spotted
>>
>>41787900
leave immediately
>>
>>41787900
Ninja Tyler
>>
>>41786024

People are gonna call me a sock account or a nut-hugger but whatever, I'll defend him .He addressed the height thing on a live stream. He said that he misread the tape (he was actually 5'6.5) so he deleted the video.

I'm not sure why people make such a big deal about that. Most people outside of /fit/ and the misc don't obsess over height and measure themselves constantly. I haven't measured my height since my junior year of high school and don't know my exact height. I just estimate by comparing myself to my friends. Is it really that had gone a while without measuring himself and didn't know exactly how tall he was?

Also, his novice program doesn't make you exclusively floor press. He also includes full ROM close grip bench press.

As for his strength, he's pretty strong at conventional lifts. He has a 225 lb overhead press (stretch reflex but no leg drive) and like a 185 weighted pull up. I think he also has a 225 weighted dip.
>>
>>41788075
Woops, that's a pretty bad typo. Meant to type:

>is it really that hard to believe that someone had gone a while without measuring himself and didn't know exactly how tall he was?
>>
>>41786024
Deadlifts are done 1x5 in beginner programs. Plenty of intermediate and advanced programs include higher frequency and higher volume deadlifting.
>>
>>41787465
Blaha is complete shit
>>
Does anyone know how strong this guy actually is? No meme lifts, no accommodating resistance, how much can he bench, squat, and deadlift?
>>
>>41786248
>1x5 deadlift per week
>>41786024
OP how does it feel to be a meme?
>>
>>41788400
He doesn't train the power lifts because that's not his goal but he as a 225 lb overhead press, 225 weighted dip, 145 weight pull up, and a 515x10 trap bar deadlift.
>>
>>41786248
>1x5 deadlift per week
>>41786024
OP how does it feel to be a meme?
>>41786828
>in my class
Go back to class faggot, or maybe go to a biker bar, show off how strong you really are. If you can't, you're too stupid or too young to be posting here, much less shitposting.

Seriously go to school, maybe you won't end up a massive failure like your father clearly is.
>>
File: 1403444676430.jpg (44KB, 569x506px) Image search: [Google]
1403444676430.jpg
44KB, 569x506px
>>41786688
got some bad news for ya little guy
>>
>>41788359
Who is good then do you believe? Everyone has negatives to them, i ignore those with blaha.
>>
>>41788456
What is his goal?
>>
>>41788491
get mad lanklet that you have to use roids and take years off your life for what i can achieve natty in the same time LOL
>>
>>41788495
Hypertrophy and strength in the lifts he enjoys doing. His Naturally Enhanced philosphy is all about developing size in the areas he believes contribute to the bear mode physique. Namely, neck, traps, upper back, shoulders, forearms, and glutes.
>>
>>41788494
My pet belief is that people that still defend blaha are liars like he is, so they don't think it's a big deal.
>>
Anyone know what his connective tissue work is like? He's mentioned it a few times but I don't think he's ever made a video about it.
>>
>>41788976
The connective tissue work is basically doing band curls and band push downs extremely fast for 50+ reps. what i wanna know is if it actually works.
>>
Every criticism of him is a meme

>He's short
And? What does that have to do with anything?
>His beard is shitty/ from minox
And? Minox is shilled in every balding thread but now it's bad because someone you don't like is doing it?
>His voice is annoying
And? What does that have to do with anything?
>His personality sucks
And? are you watching to make friends with him or get information?
>He doesn't do traditional movements
1) almost all of the lifts he does are decades old
2) he's not a powerlifter so why does he NEED to do conventional bench/squat/dead?

Explain to me how any of these are not a complete meme
>>
>>41786339
He has a novice program
>>
>>41786454
>Your appeal to authority doesn't mean shit
>Calls other anon a kid in an attempt to appeal to authority
lol the jokes write themselves
>>
>>41789566
weak argument kid, referring to someone isn't the same as it serving as premise for an argument, kid.
>>
>>41789941
You're that guy that gives life advice to all the young guy at his shitty trades job and then drives home to his shitty apartment in a rusted out beater.

You're weak and no one is taking you seriously kek, keep calling everyone kid tho it's working out great so far
>>
>>41788494
then you're a fuckin retard
>>
>>41789941
I can't believe you've spent so many hours being autistic on an internet anime forum. I guess you should be thankful that wellfare covers all of your expenses
>>
>>41786413
>>41786434
>>41786488
>>41786784
>>41786801
>>41787895
Are his lifts really considered weak? I'm 180lbs 5'11 and only slightly higher lifts than him. I think I've seen only one or two other peeople in my gym squat 3pl8 or diddle 4
>>
>>41790408
He's like late novice/early intermediate level of strength. Not weak but not strong enough to make claims about proper programming.
>>
>>41786413
Wtf I'm squatting 355 but I can deadlift 345 only?
>>
>>41790624
It's normal to deadlift more than you squat.
>>
>>41790624
Quarter squatting that's why
>>
>>41786688
compared to alphadestiny you're a lanklet
>>
>>41787476
its time to stop posting for a while
>>
>>41786024

Proof that reading Starting Strength doesn't make you can expert. Pretty much every half way decent powerlifter pulls more than that.
>>
>>41786375
/fit/ is mostly people who want to look good and be strong i couldn't give less of a shit about a powerlifting program
>>
File: kinda funneh.jpg (22KB, 400x274px) Image search: [Google]
kinda funneh.jpg
22KB, 400x274px
>>41786688
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>41787074
I disagree, boxsquats are much harder than freesquats
>>
>>41786024
I'm doing his 2 day fullbody and making nice gains oddly enough
>>
File: 1497332581385.jpg (79KB, 454x633px) Image search: [Google]
1497332581385.jpg
79KB, 454x633px
>>41786024
Lmfao. ITT: Manlets mad af. Nice work OP!
>>
>>41787166
It does

The entire sport is a joke with its extreme bench arches, sumo deadlifts and wide stance squats
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.