[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

switching to crossfit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: ropeclimb.jpg (222KB, 1504x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ropeclimb.jpg
222KB, 1504x1000px
I see no point in going to the gym on my own all the time and I know a couple of people who do crossfit. Guys and girls from the "club" throw bbq parties, hang out together, etc. Is crossfit really as bad as anons say or? I've got a background in collegiate sports so I won't get myself injured not knowing how to clean and shit like that
>>
>>41785919

A lot of the exercises are exclusive to crossfit so you will have to learn them all the same. On top of this the reason so many people get hurt is because they are done "for time". A lot of the workouts aren't about how much you lift or for how many reps, but how fast you can complete it. For many of the workouts this is the only way to track progress, so the emphasis on time rather than form gets a lot of people hurt. Also many of the exercises are inherently dangerous even if you do them correctly.
>>
this is a mongolian fishing board, don't listen to what anons say about crossfit

never done it but it seems pretty hard. As long as you get your goal body, no one cares how u got it.
>>
>>41785991
>On top of this the reason so many people get hurt is because they are done "for time"
What if I just progress at my own pace? I don't want to compete in their comps desu
>>
>>41786013

The for time thing is a part of many of the daily workouts not just for comps. You can go at whatever pace you want but you may have some motivator douche yelling at you while you're doing it.
>>
>>41786013

just find a powerlifting gyms around you or get a monthly pass at a local big university gym those are bound to have proper olympic weighlifting stuff without the crossfit bullshit
>>
>>41785919
i'd sign up for that desu
>>
>>41785919
kys faggot
>>
>be me, barely out of dyel mode
>try out CrossFit gym since it's next to my apartment
>They all use momentum for their exercises, sometimes they'll approach me to tell me how I can make my lifts stronger and so I just humor them
>Just keep working out like normal
>Girl approaches me and asks me why my lifts look funny, I tell her it's actually the proper way
>End up teaching her and her friends(mostly dyel beta orbiters) how to lift properly
>Now I've become the wise sage of the CrossFit gym and normies always ask me for help

It's a hassle but at least I get pussy on the regular now
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.