[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

neck sprain?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

hey /fit/
was OHPing today, on the last rep of first set i felt a weird twinge on the right back side of my neck (seems to be the longissimus).
i can now hardly turn my head diagonally backwards and to the right.

my question is, should i wait it out or go see a doctor?
>>
Go see a doctor if it doesn't go away in like a day.

I did this about two weeks to a different neck muscle and missed almost two weeks of gym waiting for it to recover naturally. In the end I went to a doctor and she gave me 500mg Naproxen and told me to massage the area.

Maybe take some Ibuprofen and massage the muscle if you can feel a knot.

If you have numbness in your arm go to the doctor asap.
>>
massage it, should go away by just stretching it out properly and applying some pressure to the muscle

have had it a few times
>>
>>41784641
what is numbness in the arm a symptom of? I have neckpain and occasional arm numbness when I lie on my back
>>
>>41784720
Trapped nerve.
>>
this happened to me Sunday. Stretch it and use a massage ball on it. I'm like 75% better by now.
>>
>>41784580
do some neck stretches
>>
>>41784641
OP here, thanks anon will do
>>
>>41784580
Tuck your chin when you ohp
>>
>>41784580
Happened to me. I sprained it slightly. I usually now do soft tissue work on my traps and cervical extendor muscles. I like to have a loaded Olympic bar and go underneath it when it's racked. I place as much pressure on my trap as possible. I get immediate relief. For the extendors, I simply rest the back of my neck on a foam roller as I lay on my back. Great way to just relax and watch tv or shit post here. Good luck
>>
>>41785437
good idea, will try, when i felt the twinge i was tipping my head back instead of tucking it.
have always been tipping instead of tucking
>>
I'm dealing with my second pulled neck muscle in a year. Frustrating as hell
>>
ffs guys. Sprain is tendoginous, strain is muscular. Learn the difference
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.