[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Routine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1492547502355.jpg (97KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492547502355.jpg
97KB, 960x720px
Quick question: for an upper body routine this is fairly complete and OK, in terms of exercises, isn't it?

A:
Chin-ups
OHP
Bench Press
Dumbbell Pullovers
Bent-over Rows

B:
Chin-ups
Front Raise
Bent-over Lateral Raises
Dumbbell Flyes
Dumbbell Pullovers

ACxBCx
(C: lower body)
>>
>>41782869
you should change the order a bit, so that the muscles get a break before next exercise. That way you will be able to use them to the full potential.

A:
OHP
Chin-ups
Bench Press
Bent-over Rows
Dumbbell Pullovers

Like this.
and lifts like DB pullover is pretty much useless. Due to the short amount of ROM where the muscles are actually used.

Front raises are not really a needed exercise as you already got OHP and bench.

Another tip would be to do OHP and bench on different days. That way they wont affect eachother, and you can simply add chest isolation to OHP day as OHP sucks for chest development.
>>
File: 1361379208997.png (19KB, 246x235px) Image search: [Google]
1361379208997.png
19KB, 246x235px
>>41782906
Thanks for the answer, bro. Will follow it.

I do need the DB pullover, though: I do different martial arts and I need to work those triceps for all the added explosive power/strength in my punches.
>>
>>41782906
So if i were to make an upper body routine it would be like this:

A
OHP
Chin-ups
Chest isolation
Bent-over Rows

B
Chin-ups
Bench press
Bent-over Lateral Raises
Chest isolation or Curls
Shoulder isolation

What exercise you do first depends on what you want. If you want to get good at chins then start with that, if you want to be good at bench press or OHP. Then start with that.
If you feel its too little then simply do more sets.

Its also wise to add bicep isolation to one of the workouts.
>>
>>41782971
>DB pullover
DB pullover isnt for triceps, though. Its a combination of lats and chest. Or youre just confusing the name with another exercise.
But if you want more tricep work then add whatever you like for it. Just dont add too many exercises.
>>
File: dbpo.jpg (154KB, 633x663px) Image search: [Google]
dbpo.jpg
154KB, 633x663px
>>41782995
It depends on the movement/rom. Arms stretched vs. arms 45degrees
>>
Wanna rate mine?
A
Bench press 3x5
Incline bp 3x8
Pull-ups 3x10
Dips 3x6
BORs 3x8
Bicep Curls 3x10
Reverse flyes 3x10
Farmer's walk 3x 60s

B
Squats 3x5
Diddlys 3x8
Leg press 3x8
Lying leg curls 3x10
Planks 3x60s
Calve raises 3xfailure
Seated calve raises 3xfailure

C
OHP 3x5
Flyes 3x8
Chin-ups 3x10
Dips 3x6
BORs 3x8
Facepulls 3x10
Farmer's walk 3x60s
ABxCBxx

How does it look? I wanted to add cable flys in there somewhere but I'm afraid I might be overdoing it
>>
File: 1403572698161.jpg (98KB, 608x395px) Image search: [Google]
1403572698161.jpg
98KB, 608x395px
>>41782974
>>41782995
Thank you. I will make the right adjustments and go from there.
>>
>>41783028
you mean something like a scullcrusher?
>>
>>41783043
Seems good except you may need more back volume. You back consist of way more muscle mass and number of muscles than the front part.
>>
>>41783055
I think we're both right in a sense, so I'll phrase it as follows:

I do -believe- that the DB pullover, such as in the picture I included, is a compound movement combining the skullcrusher with the DB pullover in the way YOU describe it. Resulting in an exercise which targets tris, chest and lats.
>>
Chest/Triceps (5 sets x 12) (A)
>DB Incline Press
>Tricep Rope Extension
>Pushups
>BB Flat Press
>More Pushups
>DB Flat Press
>Pectoral Fly
>BB Decline Press
>T-Row
>Close Grip Bench Press

Biceps/Back (5 sets x 12 reps) (B)
>Pull-ups
>Lat Pull Down
>DB Row
>Cable Curls
>Preacher Curls
>Bent Over BB Rows
>BB Row
>T-Row

Legs/Shoulders/Abs (5 sets x 20) (C)
>Weighted Sit-ups
>Bicycle kicks
>Upward leg curls
>SQUATS
>DIDDLYS
>DB Lunges
>Shoulder Lateral Raises
>OHP
>Decline Bench SIt-Ups
>Shrugs
>Military Press

ABCABCx or something like that
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.