[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Routine for someone just starting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ripped.jpg (74KB, 950x633px) Image search: [Google]
ripped.jpg
74KB, 950x633px
I am going to start going to the gym soon to get ripped.

Anyone know of any good workouts for someone just starting that will eventually get them ripped?
>>
SS
>>
>>41782048
sticky my guy
>>
5 sets of 5 guys at five guys
>>
>>41782048
Starting Strength. You need something simple.

Keep this up for about 6 months, then switch to a split.
>>
>>41782048
SS + GOMAD my friend
>>
100 Pushups, 100 Situps, 100 Squats, Run 1km a day.
>>
>>41782048
Starting Sticky
>>
>>41782048
Read the sticky
>>
File: 1495297561231.png (181KB, 1868x812px) Image search: [Google]
1495297561231.png
181KB, 1868x812px
Do your research. That is, stop shitposting and read on your own. Come here for shitposting, but you wont learn anything of value here.
Leave your ego at the door, that goes both for brosplits and strength training. Eat clean. Heavy compound lifts, then accessory lifts.
>>
Do whatever is fun and keeps you returning to the gym.

A lot of people prefer strength training because you can measure the results under a lot of fat. Seeing youre able to change and progress is motivating enough to keep you lifting and hopefully to see yourself change even more. Body building on the other hand is a lot of smoke and mirrors and also very very subjective.

I tell people to do push/pull/legs rest upper/lower rest

PplxULx ...

Push day is bench and ohp and maybe some tricep extensions and dips.

Pull is a lot of pulling so rows cleans cable shit

Lower is legs and deadlift although if you did romanian dl on pull day id avoid it

Upper is everything above the waist and lower is everything below. I just like having a day i can do bench and lat pulldown after, antofonistic movements. Plus you can compare your UL days to the start of the week
>>
If you are 'just starting' in the sense that you really haven't done much exercise in your life and are sedentary as fuck you should then consider calisthenics aka bodyweight exercises.

If that's not your case you'd probably do great with SS, every single memer in this board recommends it and as far as I've read/seen it's great.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.