[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting wisdom teeth pulled, how soon can I workout?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1484704552238.jpg (83KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484704552238.jpg
83KB, 720x960px
I'm getting all 4 teeth removed tomorrow but I can't eat anything today, how will I hit my macros? How soon can I workout? I think I'll just take 2 scoops of protein shakes since I won't be able to eat. Any help?
>>
Listen to your dentist, stupid faggot
>>
>>41770899
Getting a proper operation then?

I had 3 removed at once. Just had local anaesthetic, took like 30 minutes. Worst part is the awful smelling and tasting packing they shove in. I actually swallowed some of mine when having water. Disgusting.

Mind you, mine were fully emerged and straight; they were just super tight and causing problems (infections due to not being able to brush properly, constantly cutting into the sides of my cheeks, etc).
>>
>>41770899
Once you run out of drugs you can dtart working out again. Eating solids probably a bit longer though. I chugged many proton shakes and ate many soft pastas.
>>
>>41770899
I am a maxillofacial surgeon in training.
You can eat anything you wan´t today. Just dont eat anything hot, only cold food. Else the blood cloth might dissolve. I would sleep with your head elevated tonight (pillow under your mattress) and put cold on it for the next 24 hours.

You can eat anything you wan´t tommorrow, but I wouldn´t eat anything hard, spicy or sour. Eating anything hard might induce swelling. The moment you stop talking anti-inflammatory medication, you can start training again.

But I would wait for 2 days after the intervention, when the swelling doesnt increase any further and the pain is starting to diminish.

It all depends on the extraction difficulty of course. But you will not have any risk for damage, except for more swelling if you start earlier than 2 days. And swelling increases the risk of an infection.
>>
Ah, I thought you were operated today! Why can´t you eat today, if the operation is tommorrow?
>>
>>41770984
>the smell was the worst thing
Fucking this. That smell was in my nose for a couple days. Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>41770899
Give it a days rest and then hop back on a half routine to see how you feel. If you can handle it, go full swing after the meds wear off.

Drink LOTS of water. Meds can fuck up your liver hard.
>>
How does this surgery affect your jaw?
I'm thinking of doing it but I'm scared my jaw will get smaller or weaker.
>>
I had 4 taken out and worked out again in 4 days. Before then I went for walks and watched films. I recommend a light full body workout followed by bodyweight and ab stuff until you feel fine.
For food, I recommend baby food and blended meat. If you care about taste, there are tastier ways to go about eating the food you need to eat. Either way, don't be concerned about losing gains if you dont end up working out or eating right. It takes months to really do any damage
>>
>>41770899
>not being part of the wisdom teeth masterrace
>>
>>41773158
Also, I don't recommend the opioid meds. Painkillers and antibiotics are fine in moderation but I'd avoid those like the plague. Just tough it out and you will be thankful.
>>41772838
No damage or shrinking to my jaw was done. In fact I've been complimented for having "good jaw structure"
>>
>>41773196
After the surgery or you had a good structure before?
>>
>>41773318
Both. Nothing changed
>>
>>41770899
>falling for the wisdom teeth extraction scam

Anon your dentist and oral surgeon are both kikes fucking you up for the shekels.
>>
>>41770899
Sauce
>>
>>41770899
I had no complications so i worked out 2 days later
>>
So I should just drink shakes after I get them pulled out? And what smell are you guys talking about? I've not heard of this
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.