[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bench Press Feet Up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: they hatin'.jpg (28KB, 406x720px) Image search: [Google]
they hatin'.jpg
28KB, 406x720px
Why do I constantly see this?
I've been told that's retarded and that you should always keep you feet firmly on the ground. Many sources confirms this too.
Yet I constantly see people raising their legs whilst flat benching. And they don't seem "novice", yesterday there was this guy benching lmao2pl8s x 12 next to me, and his legs where like this. And I see more and more people benching like this, IRL and on the Internet. Sometimes they say that "they just deadlifted and they want to give their back a break", sometimes that "it works the core" (?), sometimes that "it will isolate chest more" (?)
On youtube there's plenty of results for "bench press feet up"
>>
>>41770487
Takes leg drive out of the equation and also less stress on the back.

There's specific variations of the bench press where the legs are elevated
>>
it will make the overall lift more unstable, not safe if youre doing heavy weights. Some use it as a variation to their normal bench setup

not sure where the 'giving the back a break' meme came from, you still can do a no arch with the feet on the ground
>>
>>41770517
So how unsafe to do with resistance bands plus legs up?

Like cry for help level?
>>
>>41770551
dude why would you even want to do that
>>
File: "no".jpg (126KB, 1024x227px) Image search: [Google]
"no".jpg
126KB, 1024x227px
>>41770495
>There's specific variations
There is? On exrx I can't see this variation and on various forum everyone says it's retarded; other forums (bodybuilding dot com) wholeheartedly agree on the fact that "it's not proper form"
There's a "barbell floor press" where you back is clearly on the same plane of your feet and you don't suffer instability issues like those referenced by >>41770517
still, legs are not raised up.

Isn't this bench press "variation" a "crossfit" trend or something?
>>
>>41770487
>Why do I constantly see this?
same reason you see all kinds of stupid shit in the gym: people are retarded.
>>
File: 1497267880868.jpg (10KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1497267880868.jpg
10KB, 384x384px
>>41770589
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrqoY_lZw48

435lb feet up paused bench

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nffxc0w6l3o

345x9.5 feet up bench

405lbx5x5 larsen press

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E75P5d6wpm8

Totally crossfit brah
>>
>>41770487
Here's how things work for most odd variations:
>strong guy changes a lift to suit his goals
>some people think about it and realize that it's a good idea in context and do it if it suits them too
>other people see the aforementioned people and copy it with no idea what's going on
>they teach other clueless people and/or other clueless people copy them

Repeat the last couple steps infinitely and add some people criticizing them because they were taught to do it some other way when they started and that wraps it up.
>>
>>41770551

What's the point of benching with resistance bands anyway? Isn't that basically the same as just adding more weight?
>>
>>41770710
No, the resistance get's more or less depending on the bar position. More weight is static and is just heavier.
>>
>>41770664
they don't elevate their legs as in OP. Besides, they're retarded and there's always little to zero commentary around those meatheads, most of them have no views (like the last one you posted)
you could have tried to search "bench press feet up" like suggested in OP, you'd have seen some of the more visited videos; some featuring "respected" e-celebs as well

yet I can literally see a crossfitter benching with these feet-up guys (he limits himself to raise his ass from the bench whilst lifting tho)

https://youtu.be/GxS58w7dIiQ?t=1m53s
>>
>>41770757
just use chains bro
>>
>>41770952
Crossfitters do snatches and clean and jerks too. And deadlifts. And squats. Who cares?
>>
>>41770977
I care, because they always make devious versions of originally totally sane exercises. There's a bunch of crossfit fads that ought to be purged with fire
>>
>>41770582
I don't. I saw it in gym. Looked retarded.

Actually my gym has some characters. Perhaps i should do creep shots
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.