[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are eccentric movements better for hypertrophy than concentric?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: featured2.jpg (18KB, 250x208px) Image search: [Google]
featured2.jpg
18KB, 250x208px
Are eccentric movements better for hypertrophy than concentric?
>>
>>41761372
I think you confused /fit/ for a board that actually lifts
>>
>>41761372
I'm pretty sure you have to do both
>>
>>41761372
NIGGER WHO CARES JUST LIFT
>>
>>41761372
yes, just about every other youtube video about fitness emphasises the eccentric portion of any lift to contribute more to muscle growth, make sure to do at least 3 second eccentrics and on your last rep make it 5 seconds, poof insta gainz
>>
I'm not sure if there's ever been a study of people doing only concentric movements, and another group of people doing only eccentric movements.

It's broscience that you have to go super-slow on the eccentric. The important thing is to have an explosive concentric, and be able to control the eccentric so you don't break form. It's also a good idea to squeeze the muscle at the peak and maintain the squeeze on the eccentric.
>>
I believe the differences are so miniscule that only bbers need worry

Get strong and do your accessories and get a pump as a natty and you'll get big without the headache of sweating the small shit like this
>>
>>41761372
Muscle physiology wise, eccentric lifts are more damaging. The muscle is lengthening and contracting at the same time, your muscles 'don't like' it. Depending on the exercise, you're producing more force than you would normally with a concentric contraction, which act on the proteins that anchor the sarcomeres together

Being more damaging isn't necessarily a good thing either, during heavy exercise you're bound to cause muscle damage, but eccentric lifts place more muscle at risk of the damage. There's a fine line between enough damage for DOMS, and just muscle damage in general, which hamper gains.
>>
>>41761642
So, basically exercise moderation. Don't destroy your muscles with 8 second long eccentric bicep curls.
If you aren't taking steroids you don't recover from retarded workouts like that and don't benefit from it.
>>
>>41761372
>eccentric contraction
It's flexion, you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>41761835
wrong
>>
>>41761473
/thread
>>
>>41761508
t. dyel
>>
eccentric lifts are a useless meme
>>
>>41761372
fun fact, the eccentric part of a movement is what creates the soreness. sounds like broacience but it was a reputable source that i dont remember.. maybe lyle
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRevyyFM82w
>>
>>41762030
it's on the wiki article about DOMS
>>
>>41761508
t. all my muscles were not torn at all from doing this
>>
>>41761642
>more force
What's easier, lowering into a squat or getting out of the hole?
>>
>>41761372
Controled eccentric and explosive concentric is the best for hypertrophy
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.