[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask GNC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_9748.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9748.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Hey /fit, your local GNC wage slave here.

I'm not feeling particularly productive at work today, but I DO feel especially vindictive against this company, so I'm ready to spill some trade secrets if you want them.

Ask me anything...
>>
>>41761300

What trade secrets could GNC possibly have?

"Buy shit for bulk, and then sell it at marked up prices"?
>>
Well faggot, what are the trade secrets?
>>
Do you collect points for peoples purchases who dont have the membership? Some guy let me get 400pts today which was pretty rad.
>>
>>41761300
How accurate are the nutrition labels on the vitamins?

How pure are the essential oils? I use a diffuser to keep my apartment smelling nice.
>>
>>41761300
Do you sell 1-andro?
What is the profit margin on most products?
How good is the employee discount?
What do they pay you?
How does the commission system work?
>>
File: IMG_9696.jpg (756KB, 1000x1285px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9696.jpg
756KB, 1000x1285px
>>41761309
We mark things up as high as 75%. You should basically never buy anything that doesn't have an orange sticker on it. Beware the "sales" too. Sometimes they send us new tags with higher base-line prices so it looks like you're getting a better deal than you are.

>>41761315
People do that, but I don't. Too many people have been fired over it and, as much as I hate my job, I still need that paycheck.

>>41761320
They're accurate. The company got in huge trouble a few years ago, so they've starting trying to adhere to FDA standards (at least they claim).

No idea on the oils, but I use them and I like them.
>>
>>41761300
why would anyone buy anything from this store when they can purchase higher quality products at half the price online?
Not even trying to rag on GNC just genuinely curious on how they manage to stay in business
>>
How easy is it to walk out with things?
The stores ive seen at malls and downtown areas dont have those theft bars at the door and no more than 2 employees at the time
>>
Are GNC's protein powders worth using? Granted I actually take the containers from work that are expiring because we have to throw them in the trash, I tried the chocolate lean burn and it tasted pretty good.
>>
>>41761533
Rude
>>
>>41761350
I am also curious m8. Do they offer part time work?
>>
File: IMG_9710.jpg (193KB, 720x929px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9710.jpg
193KB, 720x929px
>>41761466
I've wondered the same thing.
Some people like being able to come in and look around I guess. Given how niche of a market we cater to, I predict GNC will go strictly online in a few years.

>>41761533
Too easy. We aren't even allowed to stop you.

>>41761607
I like them, but I have no way of knowing if the quality is any better than the 3rd party stuff. Unless you can test them yourself, I don't see how you can ever be 100% sure.
>>
File: IMG_9576.jpg (760KB, 1836x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9576.jpg
760KB, 1836x2448px
>>41761350
My store doesn't have it, so you'd have to check the website.
I'm not sure of the exact margin, but I do know we mark 3rd party products down as low as 50% and GNC brand as low as 75%.
Part timers get minimum wage, plus PMs. Managers get more, plus benefits and commission, which I have no clue how it works.
>>
File: IMG_9711.jpg (97KB, 680x841px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9711.jpg
97KB, 680x841px
>>41761350
Oh, and the employee discount is 30% off
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.